ChrisH Posted December 10, 2014 Posted December 10, 2014 Our history dept has a subscription to this website and always seems to have issued with it. It always works fine with one or two but when there is a class full it always has issues. I have told them it looks like the issue is at there end with the random page time outs etc but they insist it is not. We don't have any issues with other websites such as My Maths etc when used by multiple classes. Is anyone else in Lancs using activehistory.co.uk and provide any feedback?
ChrisH Posted January 13, 2015 Author Posted January 13, 2015 One last bump for this to see if any other Lancs RBC users are using this or indeed any other schools have issues with this website as I'm convinced it's their servers but they are having non of it. Pages randomly don't load etc etc.
ticker Posted January 15, 2015 Posted January 15, 2015 @ChrisH, that's really funny because we have been having issues with it and full class sets accessing it. I think its because they are all using the same login ID. We don't use Lancs RBC anymore but like you it points more towards an issue at there end rather than at ours. 1
ChrisH Posted January 15, 2015 Author Posted January 15, 2015 Thank you at least I know I'm not alone! Do you have any better ability to determine any errors with logs etc as I'm obviously limited to what I can look at from an upstream proxy point of view and I can't run traceroute as they have already requested.
ticker Posted January 19, 2015 Posted January 19, 2015 had a look at the logs on the Sophos SG box but cant see anything. It doesn't help that the website looks like it was designed back in the early 2000's.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now