Danp Posted November 25, 2014 Posted November 25, 2014 I run a really old version of Joomla (1.5.25) and it does everything we need but now I have tried to add a widget to the sidebar with embedded html it only shows the title and footer and not the main content. I have tried a few different forms of code and they are all the same. For example, if I show the weather I get the branded header saying weather for my location, then a small white space and then their branded footer. Any ideas?
spadam Posted November 25, 2014 Posted November 25, 2014 It it a Joomla extension that you are using or are you just pasting code into a blank module? If it's a Joomla extension then it possibly is no longer supported (broken) due to the age of J1.5. If you'r pasting code into a blank module then it is likely that the editor is stripping out parts of it (javascript and some tags) when you save. Try inspecting the code output by Joomla in the webpage to see if this is the case. If so there are probably other ways to add your code but I have no experience with J1.5 so can't tell you how.
Danp Posted November 25, 2014 Author Posted November 25, 2014 Inputting into code window on a standard text page rather than module.
spadam Posted November 25, 2014 Posted November 25, 2014 Can you show me the code your adding to the page. Also check that this is being output correctly in the browser using inspect element.
Danp Posted November 25, 2014 Author Posted November 25, 2014 Can you show me the code your adding to the page. Also check that this is being output correctly in the browser using inspect element. http://www.weathercast.co.uk/meteo/hptool/logo_meteogroup.pngWeather Malvern© weathercast.co.uk Works fine when I add it to our Parent Portal, same with the e-safety widget I am trying to add (which kick started this all off).
3s-gtech Posted November 25, 2014 Posted November 25, 2014 1.5 is mega old now. It is possible to in-place upgrade it all the way up to new versions, with some tweaks to some plugins and templates. If it's not web facing it shouldn't matter too much, but I'd recommend it otherwise.
spadam Posted November 25, 2014 Posted November 25, 2014 (edited) I suspect it's the iframe tag that is being stripped out by Joomla when you save the article. If this is the case then this thread might help resolve this.. Have to echo what @3s-gtech says about upgrading though.. Just check compatibility of any extensions/templates with newer versions of Joomla or consider possible replacements. Edited November 25, 2014 by spadam
Danp Posted November 25, 2014 Author Posted November 25, 2014 I fully agree upgrading would be beneficial but at the moment my time is better spend on other things. Plus, even though it's only internal it's used a lot every day. If this can't go on there then it wont go on there! Thanks for the advice, I guess this can be put to rest for now and I will consider an upgrade at some point.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now