john Posted November 25, 2007 Posted November 25, 2007 I have found a job at a local school, and its shown as tempory till end of the academic year, and I did a bit of googling and its going to be shut at the end of the academic year and move / merged etc due to BSF. Now what would happen to me if I worked there, would I automatically move over to the managed service provider or not? Could any one help, the schools in lancashire so I suspect someone like Dos_Box or any of the other lancashire Gurus maybe able to help and advise me. Cheers
russdev Posted November 25, 2007 Posted November 25, 2007 Well John it depends.... It closure happens before end of your contract then you would get tuped but and this big but you would be tuped on same terms. So in theory your contract would end at scheduled time unless the bsf company kept you on. If after end of contract school closes then would not get tuped across.. of course that is my unqualified reply etc etc Russ
webman Posted November 25, 2007 Posted November 25, 2007 At a guess, I would suspect your "temporary" contract would take you upto the move date and no further.
FN-GM Posted November 25, 2007 Posted November 25, 2007 I am in the same situation John, the school i am in will close in 3 years. After that i am on my own. Z
john Posted November 25, 2007 Author Posted November 25, 2007 yeah bit more readin online and it takes me till 31st July, which is just a month before it re-opens as the new school on the 1st Sept. So I guess its a temp thing until they move and then see what happens I guess. I may just go for the job, gives me some time away from my place im at at present and thinkin time on my future career options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now