Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

For my home network I was given a HG612 modem (these will work on ADSL,Fibre,Ethernet ), I have UN-locked it :).

At the moment we still have ADSL internet connection and I have been attempting to set it up with my block of static ip's x.y.z.104 to 111 (with 6 usable ) SubNET mask 255.255.255.248

Setting the HG612 LAN x.y.z.105 255.255.255.248 MY smoothwall box uses x.y.z.110 255.255.255.248

With it working on line I see the WAN address of x.y.z.104 255.255.255.255 If I have set it up right in bridge, no NAT, no Firewall should I not see the WAN subNET mask of 255.255.255.248 ? or maybe I have Not got it in bridge mode :doh:

 

 

 

::. Kitz - HG612 unlocking .::

About the HG612 | Huawei HG612 Hacking

  • 1 month later...
Posted

If anyone does a search this is what my ISP said.

 

"I can confirm that the subnet masks will be different.

 

For your WAN you only have the One IP which is why you have 255.255.255.255

 

You Lan has a block of 6 Usable Addresses which is why your subnet mask is 255.255.255.248"

 

Hope this helps.:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...