altecsole Posted October 6, 2014 Posted October 6, 2014 We've had an old MacBook Pro circa 2006 'donated' to the school by an ex-pupil. It's in full working order, but still has all the old user's files on there. I'd like to keep it, but I need to securely wipe the hard drive and re-install. And there's the problem. I don't have an OS disk. I've checked with Apple, and I can buy 10.6 Snow Leopard, but I've only got 512MB or RAM, so that won't work. So, I was wondering, if anyone had an ISO file of version 10.4, for Intel processor, I could have? I'm assuming I can just burn it to disk and do a fresh install? Many thanks.
buzzard Posted October 6, 2014 Posted October 6, 2014 Not sure if it helps but I have 10.4 discs from my Apple iBook, circa 2006, edit a few plists and it should install for you. I'll dig them out when I get home tonight and see what the size is. 1
Quackers Posted October 6, 2014 Posted October 6, 2014 10.6 Snow Leopard needs 1GB RAM, as does 10.5. 10.4 only needs 256MB so it is either upgrade RAM or find 10.4 on ebay maybe?
3s-gtech Posted October 6, 2014 Posted October 6, 2014 RAM upgrade should be easy enough (2 or 4GB depending on model), then 10.6 should run. If it's a late 2006, you can get 10.7 to work too.
buzzard Posted October 8, 2014 Posted October 8, 2014 Soory, I've had a slight issue my mb power supply decided to give up, awaiting new one so I can image the disc
altecsole Posted October 8, 2014 Author Posted October 8, 2014 I'm sorry about that, but don't worry - it's not a pressing matter. Cheers.
furby Posted October 9, 2014 Posted October 9, 2014 (edited) Found my backed up iBook DVD but it's PPC I bought a macbook pro after though so I might have the discs about somewhere. I seem to have Leopard and Snow Leopard DVDs here (I maybe have become a hoarder…) http://i.imgur.com/36ivlqJs.png Edited October 9, 2014 by furby
cuester Posted December 3, 2014 Posted December 3, 2014 I might have a copy if you are still looking for one.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now