mrbios Posted September 8, 2014 Posted September 8, 2014 I can't ctrl + Alt out of consoles and my keyboard has stopped working within the console, i cna move the mouse around but that's about it. Any ideas how to solve this one? Interestingly i actually had this problem pre-summer, but in the summer i decided to wipe and start my machine from fresh as it'd been a fair few years...this didn;t fix it, which suggests an issue that's inside my profile. Anyone have any suggestions?
FN-GM Posted September 8, 2014 Posted September 8, 2014 I suggest you use the web client. Going to be forced to at some point
mrbios Posted September 8, 2014 Author Posted September 8, 2014 I suggest you use the web client. Going to be forced to at some point :'( /Homer voice: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
mrbios Posted September 8, 2014 Author Posted September 8, 2014 ARgh, still doesn't work in the web client. I don't know what the hell changed on my PC but this is frustrating.
HC_Netman Posted September 8, 2014 Posted September 8, 2014 Have you done any windows updates recently? I had the same issue and it was related to an update I installed. I will try and find out which update for you...
HC_Netman Posted September 8, 2014 Posted September 8, 2014 This is the one that caused the issue for me MS14-039: Description of the security update for Windows on-screen keyboard: July 8, 2014 1
mrbios Posted September 8, 2014 Author Posted September 8, 2014 That update was installed on my machine, but sadly its removal didn't fix it Just tried plugging in a USB keyboard incase there was a problem with my wireless one, but still no response. >_<
mrbios Posted September 8, 2014 Author Posted September 8, 2014 (edited) Interestingly, by adding a USB controller to the VM i've enabled myself to move the mouse in and out of the VM without the need for vmware tools...at least that makes troubleshooting a bit less of a PITA. It's still not seeing any input from the keyboard though. EDIT: Ok i can now tell it to connect to "Microsoft 2.4ghz transceiver v1.0" which i assume is the wireless keyboard and mouse receiver, but when doing so it says "the host is currently using the usb device" and to close applications...now to try a usb keyboard and to do the same thing. Edited September 8, 2014 by mrbios
mrbios Posted September 8, 2014 Author Posted September 8, 2014 (edited) Found it! Impero client service....stop the service, everything works fine. @russdev know anything about what could be causing this one? This must have only appeared in one of the more recent releases, I'm running version 4.1.17 EDIT: Which i now see is a fairly old build...i've made a support ticket on my impero portal login Edited September 8, 2014 by mrbios
HC_Netman Posted September 8, 2014 Posted September 8, 2014 Interesting as I am also using Impero here and version 4.1.17 (although may have been a slightly earlier version when I had the issue). I may have to try re-installing that update and then see if your fix works!
mrbios Posted September 8, 2014 Author Posted September 8, 2014 (edited) Interesting as I am also using Impero here and version 4.1.17 (although may have been a slightly earlier version when I had the issue). I may have to try re-installing that update and then see if your fix works! Interestingly enough, i've just had a reply from impero telling me to do exactly what you told me, yet doing that and restarting didn't work. https://www.imperosoftware.com/knowledgebase/Knowledgebase/Article/50295 I've now uninstalled the KB2993651 as well, going to restart now and see if it works ok when everything comes back on with impero service running.... EDIT: Yep that did it, needed to get rid of 2993651 as well. Not even using RDP at this stage but hey ho, at least i can relax now haha Edited September 8, 2014 by mrbios
russdev Posted September 8, 2014 Posted September 8, 2014 Those support guys beat me to to it. Yes good old windows updates sadly not issue per say with our software more to do with this update. As if google the update you see loads of comments where it has broken keyboard etc. Anyway glad support got you sorted.. Russell 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now