Gongalong Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 Hi folks, We have an odd problem with a laptop (Lenovo T430s) used by a student that has a visual impairment. Mid-use, when double clicking files to open in Windows Explorer, from the desktop etc. it asks if she wants to permanently delete the file (apologies, I don't have the exact message to hand), as if she has pressed Shift+Del, rather than double clicked. This got so frustrating that we reinstalled the laptop - it was full of Lenovo bloatware anyway - but then the problem recurred some weeks later. Both the original and new install are Win 7. It definitely doesn't happen immediately, as when logging on the laptop behaves normally. Google highlights a few instances of this, but without any obvious fix. Any ideas? Short of braving Lenovo support... TIA
witch Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 Had this on an HP a while ago The delete key was sticking - have you looked at that? 1
Gongalong Posted July 3, 2014 Author Posted July 3, 2014 I did wonder that, and now having tested if I hold Shift + Del down, and then double click an icon, it prompts to permanently delete what I've double clicked. So definitely sounds like faulty keyboard.
Michael Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 Are you sure something like Sticky Keys isn't creating the problem? 1
Gongalong Posted July 3, 2014 Author Posted July 3, 2014 I suspect it's more likely stuck keys or a busted keyboard to have got both Shift + Del to do this over and over. Unless I'm missing something.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now