Jambo_C Posted July 2, 2014 Posted July 2, 2014 I've a number of students who have had new profiles created, once the new profile has been created their internet doesn't work. I've noticed that this is only happening on PCs with IE11 and I think it's to do with group policy not applying internet settings to IE11 correctly. I read that this now has to be done through Group Policy Preferences, however when I go to Group Policy Preferences and internet settings I go to new and the only options I get are IE 5,6,7 and 8. I have installed IE11 on the server but this hasn't made any difference. How do I get IE9 and above to display as an option here?
3s-gtech Posted July 2, 2014 Posted July 2, 2014 There are a great number of threads on here on this topic already, it really has been done to death. Briefly: You need a Server 2012 R2 DC, or You need a Windows 8.1 machine with RSAT, or You need to modify the XML of the IE9 GPP on Server 2008 R2 so that it applies to IE11
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now