elsiegee40 Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 I find the 'Share this post to raise awareness/if you agree/disagree with something' posts to be annoying too. I'll form my own opinions and keep them to myself thanks. I loathe these too. Worst offenders are an aunt and the in-laws. Both difficult to block. My friend list is like witch 's - close friends and family that I don't see often
Joanne Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 You can unfollow people, or hide their updates, so you don't unfriend them, but never see their posts. Win. 1
Oaktech Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 No, I imagine she was hedging her bets in case she lost it early on - it's very common so until she reached the 3 month mark I imagine she was just playing it safe. To be fair 'filling a pot' is considerably less unpleasant than the stuff us ladies have to go through. We've been trying for nearly 2 years but I don't want IVF because I'm afraid of a) multiple pregnancies and b) As a hormone-related migraine sufferer subjecting myself to the 'omg my brain is exploding' pain is not worth it when there are Cats in the world that need a home. If it turns out we can't have children I shall fill my heart with cats. LOL Yeah or when someone posts a picture of their baby and all their other friends are calling it a precious angel and a beautiful girl/boy when it looks like this: http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-img/blog/million_likes_photos/baby.png One of my FB friends has two children and they haven't exactly been blessed with angelic looks and I think of this every single time I see yet another 'Aren't my children pretty' post from her. That is so wrong it's hilarious... You are clearly a Very Bad Person
sonofsanta Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 No, I imagine she was hedging her bets in case she lost it early on - it's very common so until she reached the 3 month mark I imagine she was just playing it safe. To be fair 'filling a pot' is considerably less unpleasant than the stuff us ladies have to go through. And I won't argue it - I've got no complaint about that morning (not a bad reason to have a morning off work, after all...), but the timing was amusing in hindsight. As you say - the tests are significantly less, er, comfortable on the feminine side of things. We've been trying for nearly 2 years but I don't want IVF because I'm afraid of a) multiple pregnancies and b) As a hormone-related migraine sufferer subjecting myself to the 'omg my brain is exploding' pain is not worth it when there are Cats in the world that need a home. If it turns out we can't have children I shall fill my heart with cats. Aaaand this is why I should have known better and to keep my mouth shut - you never know what's going on behind closed doors. I know from experience how upsetting it can be when people keep saying "so, married a year now, when are you having a baby?" without any idea what you're going through behind the scenes; you'd think I'd learn from that. Sorry if I caused any upset by wading in where I wasn't welcome on a public internet forum, of all places. Mea culpa.
X-13 Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 Sorry if I caused any upset by wading in where I wasn't welcome on a public internet forum, of all places. Mea culpa. ...And this is one of the things that annoy me on social media. Random people telling you not to talk about things because of their feelings. In fact, not even their feelings. The feelings of a person who may or may not actually care.
abillybob Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 I don't really know why I'm on FaceBook at all I hardly ever use it unless I'm scrolling through my news feed to look at funny meme's and Vine Videos!! Apart from that it never gets used, I have just recently deleted 500 friends off FaceBook because half of them I don't talk to and they're all from school etc and most of them are all a**holes! Now I just have close friends, family and the Girlfriend on there.I would completely get rid of it but my girlfriend doesn't have signal where she lives and we use the Wi-Fi via FaceBook messenger to talk! I get ski and tired of seeing sick children or dieing soldiers saying 1like = a paryer BULLSH*T does it! Yes it's a shame and I feel sorry for those that do suffer but I don't want to go on FaceBook to see these vile things all of the time they just get corney and boring at the end of the day they where uploaded probably by someone who doesn't know the child in question and just wants to gain likes - yes there are people that sad!Anyway rant over!
Joanne Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 I click the arrow in the top right and select "I don't want to see this". Don't get crap like that any more. Huzzah. I'm really worried about myself on there because I've joined a group which is people at the gym... and I've agreed to go on a night out down manchester with many strangers! I will know 2 people out of about 15. YAY! Comfort Zone = breaked. 1
X-13 Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 I click the arrow in the top right and select "I don't want to see this". Don't get crap like that any more. Huzzah. I'm really worries about myself on there because I've joined a group which is people at the gym... and I've agreed to go on a night out down manchester with many strangers! I will know 2 people out of about 15. YAY! Comfort Zone = breaked. And yet, your comfort zone is fine with the gym?
Joanne Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 And yet, your comfort zone is fine with the gym? Yeah I don't have to talk to anyone there. I have a personal trainer and I'm still weird about him stretching me... I end up laughing like a mad woman when he tries to crack my back. It is really dodgy though... like grabbing me and lifting me from behind... just seems wierd!! I keep telling myself he's just doing his job. Think I need to ask others if he does that to them!
Garacesh Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 I want to join a gym. But noooooooooo. Way too far out of my comfort zone. I'll just go and comfort eat some pies and get even fatter ^_^
Joanne Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 You just need to find the right gym I guess... one that is friendly and welcoming to n00bs rather than 'roid raging dumb bell lifters.
Garacesh Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 Yeah, I probably do. But that means going to a gym in the first place Walking in and seeing all these buff as bulls guys and girls and I'm like.. "What're you doing here? You're done. Go home."
X-13 Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 Yeah, I probably do. But that means going to a gym in the first place Walking in and seeing all these buff as bulls guys and girls and I'm like.. "What're you doing here? You're done. Go home." Bro, do you even lift?
CAM Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 I'd rather lift at home, when I get round to buying the kit...
Joanne Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 Yeah, I probably do. But that means going to a gym in the first place Walking in and seeing all these buff as bulls guys and girls and I'm like.. "What're you doing here? You're done. Go home." My gym isn't like that... but then I live in Burnley!! It's taken me 2 months of hard work and diet changes to get to an almost acceptable for me body. You have to start somewhere. Once you've taken that first step though, you'll be glad you did.
Popular Post Miscbrah Posted June 27, 2014 Popular Post Posted June 27, 2014 (edited) Yeah, I probably do. But that means going to a gym in the first place Walking in and seeing all these buff as bulls guys and girls and I'm like.. "What're you doing here? You're done. Go home." What's that attitude? No betas in my gym! Stride in there in a string vest and short shorts, throw a dumbell at the big guy on the bench then urinate in the corner - this is marking your territory and establishes you as the alpha male. The so called 'big guys' will stare open-mouthed at your superior manliness and alpha demeanour, and everyone will cower away as you adopt a wide stance and do curls in the squat rack. All natural stylee. For bonus points, scream "light weight baby, light weight!" whilst swinging the dumbells in a jerking motion for 1/4 rom. Remember also to correct everyone (the bigger the better) on their form, exercise choice, diet, cardio and attire. Reserve your place by draping sweat-towels across gym equipment, and pile dumbells infront of you in the squat rack for curls. Theatrically swill protein shakes too in front of girls - all natural of course. At this point a LOT of people will be admiring your superior manly genetics as you do your 23rd set of 1/4 rom curls. Then suddenly, you'll see someone doing squats - what's that?!?! Squats cause hemerrhoids!!! LEAP across the gym and WRENCH that bar off that lifter! Probably you'll twist or break their back but dayum son, saved them from hemerrhoids!! As they begin to howl and scream it's doubtless the presence of your Batman-like genetics and all-natural superhuman power so begin wailing and rending your vestments too, as the other inferior beta gym-goers surely will, and they will all screech and yelp at the presence of your awesome all-natural physique. All natural bro. EDIT - Actually my gym's chill. JUST about benching 100kg for 'fair' sets now, so go me. Edited June 27, 2014 by Miscbrah 7
Garacesh Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 Bro, do you even lift? Have you really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? I do have a set of 4KG weights at home, but that's it. I did used to own a rowing machine before it broke. I know I'd need an actual 'fitness regime' but doing it at home just feels.. Silly. But I'm too uncomfortable at the thought of going to a gym.
Miscbrah Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 Bro, do you even lift? See strong username. Actually Misc and actually lift, unlike half the Misc! Anyways, didn't we have a lifting thread a while back? Seem to remember there were a few of us...
Miscbrah Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 Have you really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? I do have a set of 4KG weights at home, but that's it. I did used to own a rowing machine before it broke. I know I'd need an actual 'fitness regime' but doing it at home just feels.. Silly. But I'm too uncomfortable at the thought of going to a gym. I have JUST the thing for you... Swear by it. This is how I started, even back at the late age of 27. Works 100% so long as you follow, do and eat 100% what Scooby says. 1
Joanne Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 I did 110kg e-deads last week. Was benching on wednesday and I'm still aching! Not bad for a 5' 2" lady
Miscbrah Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 That's bloody good! I'm not deadlifting or squatting atm (old kickboxing injury flaring up yet again) but my record DL was only 150kg. 201lbs 6' brah. 1
abillybob Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 Pfft nothing on me bro's! I do 1000kg on each arm for 2 hours with no break, while eating a sandwich and while yawning! What you gonna do now. Don't seem so stuff now do we, NO! Because I AM SPARTA!
Joanne Posted June 27, 2014 Posted June 27, 2014 Thanks. I just get blank stares when I tell people. They have no idea what I'm talking about! I only weigh 62kg so not bad going. Hoping to do a proper deadlift with that weight one day
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now