ITBloke Posted June 13, 2014 Posted June 13, 2014 Can anyone help me with this please? Trying to renew certificate on "PARS/Insight web access for parents" site on a virtual windows server 2012, IIS 8, but every time I try to complete certificate request I get the following error... Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) Is there a fix for this? I've followed instructions to the 'enth degree and I'm starting to get dizzy.
network41 Posted June 13, 2014 Posted June 13, 2014 Permissions by the look of it is the account you are logging on with a member of the local admins on the server as well as a domain admin
ITBloke Posted June 13, 2014 Author Posted June 13, 2014 Yes I've checked the folder permissions as per recommendation from a few site but the message persists. I'm logged in as a domain admin with full control of the folder...
network41 Posted June 13, 2014 Posted June 13, 2014 Are you renewing the certificate via the MMC or via IIS
ITBloke Posted June 13, 2014 Author Posted June 13, 2014 I installed the intermediate cert with mmc then tried the iis cert through iis but got the error, then tried to install through mmc into personal store and import into web store which all looked OK but when you visit the site the certificate is out of date
network41 Posted June 13, 2014 Posted June 13, 2014 Sounds like the site is still bound to the old certificate will see if I can find anythin else that might resolve this
network41 Posted June 13, 2014 Posted June 13, 2014 I'm guessing you did check the bindings of the site are pointing to the new certificate
ITBloke Posted June 16, 2014 Author Posted June 16, 2014 Yes, I'm afraid I have... this one is beginning to mash my swede.
ITBloke Posted June 17, 2014 Author Posted June 17, 2014 Ah TMG server... Export cert as pfx copy to TMG server install in mmc, then assign to the firewall listener rule. If I had my brain in gear... this is the only certificate the outside world sees. Thanks network41.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now