jaminben Posted May 6, 2014 Posted May 6, 2014 Hi, I'm trying to set our Cache size to 10240 by default when the SCCM client gets pushed to newly imaged computers but not having any luck.... how are you guys doing it? Attached a screenshot of where I'm applying the setting, although I do remember seeing it set elsewhere on some other site. Thanks Ben
FN-GM Posted May 6, 2014 Posted May 6, 2014 Ours is SMSCACHESIZE=10240 - So yours looks right. However shouldn't the package be "Configuration Manager Client Package" Not the update package you have? - - - Updated - - - You can use this script to change the size on existing machines as well if you wanted. Just deploy it as a package. Set WSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") Set wshNetwork = WScript.CreateObject( "WScript.Network" ) strComputer = wshNetwork.ComputerName intCacheSize = 10240 Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts://" & strComputer & "/root/ccm/SoftMgmtAgent") Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from CacheConfig") For Each objItem in colItems objItem.Size = intCacheSize objItem.Put_ 0 WshShell.Logevent 4, "The SCCM cache size on " & UCase(strComputer) & " located at " & objItem.Location & " will be changed to: " & objItem.Size & " MB" Next Dim objService, colListOfServices intSleep = 15000 strService = " 'CCMExec' " Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2") Set colListOfServices = objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * from Win32_Service Where Name ="& strService & " ") For Each objService in colListOfServices 'strServiceList = strServiceList & vbCr & objService.name objService.StopService() WSCript.Sleep intSleep objService.StartService() Next 'WScript.Echo strServiceList WshShell.Logevent 4, "Your "& strService & " service has Started" WshShell.Logevent 4, "The SCCM cache size on " & UCase(strComputer) & " has been changed to: " & intCacheSize & " MB" WScript.Quit
jaminben Posted May 6, 2014 Author Posted May 6, 2014 Thanks for the reply... I created the package when we upgraded from SP1 to R2 which I guess is why its named update. It all works apart from setting the cache size but we've never been able to set it. What do you have in your client push settings? Attached a screenshot of ours.... I've also added in SMSCACHESIZE=10240 but not sure of the correct format. SMSSITECODE=RHS,SMSCACHESIZE=10240 or SMSSITECODE=RHS SMSCACHESIZE=10240
FN-GM Posted May 6, 2014 Posted May 6, 2014 Why not use the default package? For client push my settings are: SMSSITECODE=FAL FSP=FP-SCCM-01 SMSCACHESIZE=26214400 For SCCM TS: FSP=FP-SCCM-01 SMSCACHESIZE=26214400 We don't use client push though as everything added to the domain is via a TS.
jaminben Posted May 6, 2014 Author Posted May 6, 2014 Ok, Thanks I'll try those settings in our client push. I didn't use the default package IIRC because it was using the older SP1 client and not the updated R2 version.
snagrat Posted May 6, 2014 Posted May 6, 2014 I had this issue so ended up created it as a script then just deployed the script as a program. Seems to have worked fine.
jaminben Posted May 6, 2014 Author Posted May 6, 2014 (edited) @FN-GM I'm guessing when you goto your client machine and check on the CacheSize its set to the new value? Edited May 6, 2014 by jaminben
snagrat Posted May 6, 2014 Posted May 6, 2014 Assuming your asking me then yes new value applied. Tried the odd random machine to test. I needed to do it for a program - Adobe CS6 I think and that then installed without issue. 1
FN-GM Posted May 6, 2014 Posted May 6, 2014 @FN-GM I'm guessing when you goto your client machine and check on the CacheSize its set to the new value? By using the script? Yes
jaminben Posted May 6, 2014 Author Posted May 6, 2014 Assuming your asking me then yes new value applied. Tried the odd random machine to test. I was specifically asking about client push settings but I guess a script will do the samething. I needed to do it for a program - Adobe CS6 I think and that then installed without issue. That's exactly what I'm doing it for now.... DAMN Adobe's crappy software.
jaminben Posted May 6, 2014 Author Posted May 6, 2014 By using the script? Yes What about not using the script method and setting the properties in the client push or task sequence?
Arthur Posted May 6, 2014 Posted May 6, 2014 (edited) how are you guys doing it? A PowerShell script in the task sequence we use to build each PC. $Cache = Get-WmiObject -Namespace 'ROOT\CCM\SoftMgmtAgent' -Class CacheConfig $Cache.Size = '10240' $Cache.Put() Restart-Service -Name CcmExec This one-liner should also work, although I haven't tested it myself. C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowershell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command "(New-Object -COM UIResource.UIResourceMgr).GetCacheInfo().TotalSize = 10240" Edited May 6, 2014 by Arthur 1
FN-GM Posted May 6, 2014 Posted May 6, 2014 What about not using the script method and setting the properties in the client push or task sequence? Sorry im with it. Yes that works for me, only use the TS option. 1
jaminben Posted May 6, 2014 Author Posted May 6, 2014 (edited) Yay... its working. Not sure which one made it work (client push or task sequence) as I have both enabled but its working. Thanks for everyones help EDIT Just as a point of reference it was the client push properties that did it for me... attached screenshot. Edited May 6, 2014 by jaminben
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now