Armille Posted February 7, 2014 Posted February 7, 2014 My dual touch SmartBoard recently began to experience this interesting problem. This problem only occurs in certain areas of the board. It occurs when I am using a pen from the tray. When I am writing, the pen writes in a rather skip fashion or does not write. If I am holding the pen and use my finger tip to write in the same area, all is fine. I would be interested in any feedback as to why this only occurs in certain areas of my SmartBoard. Thanks! Alan
dastrix Posted February 7, 2014 Posted February 7, 2014 We have had a similar problem, however ours where playing up constantly. Ours where that staff are using laptops and needed the power plugged in for the laptop. Dastrix
hardtailstar Posted February 7, 2014 Posted February 7, 2014 try updating the pen driver, we did this and it seemed to solve a similar issue.
Smee Posted February 7, 2014 Posted February 7, 2014 check what other electrical equipment is near the board when this happens. We had a similar issue and it turned out to be a power cable causing spikes.
Grey-gear Posted February 7, 2014 Posted February 7, 2014 I know this may not help, have you tried a different orientation of the board. Some times the less orientation is set on the board the less responsive the smart board is. Also check that all the drivers are up to date (as @hardtailstar posted)
Disaster Posted February 7, 2014 Posted February 7, 2014 We had a similar problem here and updated the drivers (and Notebook software in most cases), which sorted ours out.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now