Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Assuming DNS server is installed on the server:

 

Goto Start -> Adminsitrator Tools -> DNS

 

This will open the DNS MMC

 

What type of entry are you wanting to add?

Posted
I am guessing that you have an internal webserver that you can access from outside school (from home for example) via a name.yourdomain.com and you want to use the same domain name inside your school network?
Posted
I have a similar setup with a webserver inside a school network. How do you acces from the outside? is it via name.domain.com or domain.com?
Posted

On your server open up DNS and create a new forward lookup zone for yourdomain.com

 

Add a new Host (A) entry for vle with the internal ip address.

 

Then on your clients do as Dos_Box said and enter vle.domain.com under the advanced proxy setting of IE

 

Works for me here.

Posted

Slightly off topic, I have a similar issue.

 

I have a Forward Lookup Zone for domain.co.uk. Within the Lookup Zone I have our sub-domains which are all stored internally and accessible outside the network (ISA doing the routing).

 

However, the top level domain.co.uk is stored on a web server remotely (setup before I was employed! Personally wouldn't have hosted it remotely, and I plan on bringing it internally again when the hosting contract is up!) My problem is the top level is of course accessible remotely, along with my sub-domains which are pointing to our IP and then routed internally, but nowhere internally on the network can we see the top level domain.co.uk.

 

We get 'Page Cannot Be Displayed' is this something within DNS I need to correct?

 

All help/advice greatly received as always!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...