Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Iconia W510 Windows8.1 driver problems with MDT 2013 (Help)


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi folks,

Has anyone successfully deployed a Windows8.1 x86 image for the Iconia W510 using MDT?

 

I have successfully deployed Windows 7 x86 - x64 images without too much problem but i'm struggling with these Iconia devices on Windows 8.1. I have downloaded the latest drivers from the Acer website which comes as a package. I have then added these to the MDT drivers and updated the boot image. I have then copied the updated boot image to my USB stick. When I boot from the USB to start the build off I have no keyboard or mouse. Eventually after I have installed a USB keyboard and kicked the build off it finishes but still no drivers. I have to install the USB keyboard AGAIN to log into Windows and install the drivers manually, (the same drivers I have added to MDT) and all works fine from then on. However we have 210 of these devices to build and manually installing the drivers on the machine at the end of the build is not an option. It's driving me mad.

 

Does anyone have any suggesstions?

 

Kind regards,

Posted

Many thanks for the response.

I have downloaded the latest drivers from the Acer website and included in this is the firmware update for the BIOS which i have applied but unfortnately still no joy?

I have installed a command line in the task sequence with the following command:-

cmd.exe /c "bcdedit -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS"

However this sequence starts but just hangs????

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...