Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Clipboard01.jpg

 

Wondering if anyone can help....

 

We have a Server 2008R2 running terminal server for ipads etc for the internal network. At this stage no plans to open this up to the outside world, well not just yet anyway.

 

We have had it running now for a while and the 180 days grace has been and gone. School would like to continue using it. So we now need to correctly license it.

the picture shows that it now requires a terminal server license product key.

 

School has an EES agreement for 60 staff.

 

I have been told by a large software reseller that all I need is this [TABLE=width: 692]

[TR]

[TD]6VC-01518

[/TD]

[TD]WinRmtDsktpSrvcsCAL ALNG LicSAPk OLV E 1Y Acdmc Ent UsrCAL £3.06 each

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

 

As I have the full EES I am also entitled to use Microsoft Office within the terminal server sessions.

 

We have access to our EES licensing page which shows the products keys for office, windows etc Adding the above to our agreement will I also get a terminal server product key as that's what the server needs.

 

Anyone that can help, it will be very much appreciated.

  • 2 months later...
Posted

Hi all,

 

I have been asking our current suppliers for quotes for this product.

They don't seem to be getting anywhere near this price!

 

Anyone want to quote me?

 

TIA

 

BoX

Posted (edited)

You don't get a special code for it, it uses your agreement number to check with the clearing server. I believe its the 'Other agreement' option you use (been a while since I did it).

 

EDIT: Oops, just noticed this post was a reply to an old post. Still, hope this helps someone anyway!

@box_l - are you requesting it under an OVS-ES (what everyone here calls EES) agreement? The price under the agreement should be around that shown above - it was for us.

 

It'll be higher for Select or Open agreements.

Edited by localzuk
Posted

Sorry to climb on to an old post but I had the detail I was referring to in it.

 

Yes, it would be under EES and this has been made clear to the suppliers.

However, they are coming in with prices between £4.75 and £5.75 per cal.

Maybe they are just looking at open agreement prices, not EES?

Thanks for the input.

 

Box

Posted
I have been asking our current suppliers for quotes for this product.

They don't seem to be getting anywhere near this price!

 

If it's any help, the cheapest prices we could find have been from Software Box Ltd (SBL/SoftBox - see: Information Security | SBL) - they're charging us £3 + VAT per RDS CAL. Confirming that we definatly have the correct licensing in place has been a bit of a chore, but it looks like we've got there in the end and for what seems to be a good price.

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...