engineer_z Posted August 28, 2013 Posted August 28, 2013 Hi there How can I call a .lnk file (shortcut of a bat file) inside a bat file. Regards
Steve21 Posted August 28, 2013 Posted August 28, 2013 Not really sure what you're trying to do, as there's no reason to use a shortcut if you're using a bat file to start a program, but literally just use: start NameOfShortcut.lnk Steve
engineer_z Posted August 28, 2013 Author Posted August 28, 2013 Hello I solved my problem if any one interesting, I used the following in my bat file: call "shortcut file path" and you can get the path by shift_right click on the shortcut file > select "copy as path" then past it.
engineer_z Posted August 28, 2013 Author Posted August 28, 2013 Hello I solved my problem if any one interesting, I used the following in my bat file: call "shortcut file path" and you can get the path by shift_right click on the shortcut file > select "copy as path" then past it. The reason of using the shortcut file because when I run the shortcut file the network drive is coming hidden so I need to create a bat file as the following: 1. A mount network drive. 2.Call the short cut file (I use it to set "Run as administrator", which is disable in the original bat file) 3. Delete the amounted network drive. and that's it. Cheers
Dos_Box Posted August 28, 2013 Posted August 28, 2013 Are you trying to get around network security measure in place where you are?
3s-gtech Posted August 28, 2013 Posted August 28, 2013 Ha, it certainly looks like it! Always makes me paranoid if this will work here - I think I have dealt with similar before so hopefully.
FN-GM Posted August 28, 2013 Posted August 28, 2013 I reckon its just something to make his life easier.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now