Gongalong Posted August 23, 2013 Posted August 23, 2013 Hi folks, I'm getting an error when I try to login one of our freshly created Year 7's: The default open/save path is set to C:\ but the drive is defined as illegal. Ranger cannot log you on until this inconsistency is resolved. Use Ranger Administrator to correct this inconsistency. If this problem persists, please contact your software supplier. As far as I can see both GP settings and Ranger Admin settings are duplicated across the board for this year group. I can't spot a specific default open/save path in Ranger Admin. Anyone got any ideas? TIA
Gongalong Posted August 23, 2013 Author Posted August 23, 2013 Solved it. Was caused by Ranger not copying security group information as expected. The profile had no legal drives.
vortex999 Posted March 10, 2014 Posted March 10, 2014 Hello, I am having the same problem as of today, been working since the start of this term, I only have a handful of XP machines left. How exactly did you get ranger to copy the security group info correctly in the end?
jezi55 Posted September 14, 2016 Posted September 14, 2016 I have just had the same error for my current year 7s (in process of removing ranger across the whole system). To fix it if you open up ranger administrator, go to security, groups and then the group you are having issues with. Then select the drives tab and at the very bottom is "Default Open/Save path". If it is set to c:\ but c:\ is an illegal drive this will cause the issue. I changed mine to s:\ as in AD my users are set to use s:\ as their userarea. This fixed the issue and students were able to logon.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now