sparkeh Posted July 1, 2013 Posted July 1, 2013 I have been asked about 2Build A Profile, apparently you stick it on a tablet and its used to build the EYFS learning journey and do away with the mountain of paperwork that it currently incurs. Anyone know anything about it or used it?
Steve21 Posted July 1, 2013 Posted July 1, 2013 That sounds like what one of our primaries running, Is it a 2simple piece of software? If it's that one they're running it on ipods currently. Steve
HiredGoon Posted July 1, 2013 Posted July 1, 2013 We started using it a few a months ago(so early days yet), not sure it reduces the amount of paperwork, but the teacher has found it useful to use within school day and record as they go along.
Singist Posted July 1, 2013 Posted July 1, 2013 2 of my primary schools use this software, one on iPad minis and one on an Acer Android device. It does reduce the massive amount of paperwork for learning journeys (cutting out pics, sticking them in books, writing them up). It also produces PDF files that teachers can use if they wish for end of school reports.
sparkeh Posted July 1, 2013 Author Posted July 1, 2013 Thanks people. So do you think that it works ok? I mean is it causing work for you?
Steve21 Posted July 1, 2013 Posted July 1, 2013 Thanks people. So do you think that it works ok? I mean is it causing work for you? Honestly apart from the first installation on devices, not heard a single thing about it since So that's either a no, or not very useful comment Steve 1
pleach85 Posted July 2, 2013 Posted July 2, 2013 I've got a school that's currently trialing it with the aim on using it fully from September. So far everything seems to be working fine, staff like that they are able to document evidence quickly and easily linking it straight to a student. I like that its all synced with the website so we have a backup (of sorts). If you've got a device to put it on why not sign up for a trial and let the staff play with it till the end of term. 1
sparkeh Posted July 2, 2013 Author Posted July 2, 2013 (edited) @pleach85 thanks for that, I didn't realise that you could have a free trial edit: just saw the big "Free trial" button Edited July 2, 2013 by sparkeh
sparkeh Posted July 3, 2013 Author Posted July 3, 2013 Ok I have been asked whether there is any difference running this on an iPad or Andriod tablet. The Head wants to buy Android tabs to make it cheaper but the FS Co-ordinator is pushing for an iPad... I am thinking that it won't make a difference but thought I would ask
Singist Posted July 3, 2013 Posted July 3, 2013 It works and looks exactly the same but only on certain Android devices. They use it on an Acer tablet here. 2 Simple have a list of devices it works on so check first. 1
sparkeh Posted July 3, 2013 Author Posted July 3, 2013 It works and looks exactly the same but only on certain Android devices. They use it on an Acer tablet here. 2 Simple have a list of devices it works on so check first. Thanks, I can see from the product page that the only Andriod tablet listed is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" Tablet - 8GB - is there a more complete list anywhere?
X-13 Posted July 3, 2013 Posted July 3, 2013 Thanks, I can see from the product page that the only Andriod tablet listed is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" Tablet - 8GB - is there a more complete list anywhere? Not really. We use it here and, tbh, you can tell it's made for iOS. The tab2 is (I think) a higher spec than iPads but it sometimes lags pretty hard because it's trying to power through shoddy coding. 1
kaphc Posted July 4, 2013 Posted July 4, 2013 Three of the schools I work with are ordering this for September, all on iPod touches / iPads. As far as I can see, the main issue seems to be the size of the device - we've had some feedback from a school already using it saying that an iPod touch is a little on the small side and something 7" or 10" is better. On the other hand, another school said they loved it on iPod touches because they could have the device in their pocket or round their neck on a lanyard ready to take photos at any opportunity.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now