rob998 Posted January 5, 2010 Posted January 5, 2010 (edited) Hi, I am getting the following error at the top of the page after just installing joomla 1.5 Warning: Parameter 1 to modMainMenuHelper::buildXML() expected to be a reference, value given in \libraries\joomla\cache\handler\callback.php on line 99 I'm new to this php lark so dont have a clue. Rob Edited January 5, 2010 by rob998
steve Posted January 5, 2010 Posted January 5, 2010 I had this just the other day. Your version of PHP is 5.3.0 Joomla only supports up to version 5.2.9
Devontechie Posted January 5, 2010 Posted January 5, 2010 I get the same error on my installation of Joomla on XAMPP on my machine. I did wonder if it was anything to do with the version of PHP. Cheers, Steve
Michael Posted January 5, 2010 Posted January 5, 2010 The versions of PHP and MySQL do make all the difference. You should always stick to the recommended versions with Joomla, Moodle etc...
Duane_Dibbley Posted January 14, 2010 Posted January 14, 2010 Hi, I am also having this issue. Is there a way to change the version of php that xampp uses, or do I need to install an older version of xampp? I have just started working in a primary school that doesn't currently have a website of any kind. We have just got a new headteacher who is very keen to get one up and running, and i have been asked to investigate. I am trying to assess whether Joomla is the right way to go, and so have installed on my computer at home with the aim of pissing around with it to see how easy it is. I have installed Apache Friends XAMPP (Basis Package) version 1.7.3, and the Edugeek Joomla 1.5 package but am gettin these errors in place of where the menu should be, and also in many places in the admin screens. Any help would be much appreciated as well as any other suggestions on the subject in general. Thanks Jon
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now