rusty155
Members-
Posts
107 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by rusty155
-
Can log on Local can't log on to domain
rusty155 replied to speckytecky's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Hmmm... You must have had the domain name set correctly or it wouldn't have joined?!! -
Yeah precisely but the weird thing is that, assuming the seller is honest and didn't hack his own account, the hacker continued to use the hacked account for legitimate sales!! The only reason that I can think of is that users with very high positive feedback are more likely to get more bidders / higher prices for their products and so this was the reason for the hack!??
-
Those were my first thoughts too but it was weird that the money went to China and the item also came from China. The seller didn't seem to have any ties with China unless it was some from of drop-shipping? The seller was also a very reputable one in terms of ebay feedback, something like 99.8% with several thousand feedback. I guess I'll never know what really happened but hey got the item in the end so who cares?!
-
Ahh! I had forgotten about this! It was very strange indeed - Basically Ebay and Paypal acknowledged that there was fraudulent activity involved and managed to locate the funds from my sister's account to an account in China. However after a couple of days of going back and forth between ebay, paypal and the hacked seller, a parcel turned up at her address. She cautiously opened it infront of the courier, worried that it would be empty but suprisingly she found the goods that she had bid on in the auction, shipped from China! The seller knew nothing of this and was very surprised also! Happy that she had now received what she had paid for, she closed the investigation with ebay and paypal. Weird huh?!! It would appear that some person in China hacked an ebay account to pose as a legitimate seller but also fully carried out his duties as said legitimate seller!! All's well that ends well though!!
-
Ok ours has recently gone live. http://www.colfox.org Absolutely huge thanks to all that helped, especially SYSMAN for all the work and time he's put into creating the templates and assisting me as i've been working on it.
-
It sounds like you might need to sort out the module order in the backend. If you go the modules page, and then find your menu module, you should be able to place it first in the list so that it will display at the top. I'm not entirely sure this is what you are after though - can you post a link to your site?
-
Thanks a lot Sysman. There is just one thing intriguing me - the home link within the header on the school logo. There is a blank.gif image there that links back to the homepage of the site. Whereabouts is this referred to in the code, and is it possible to move it and or create a similar one the other side of the header for a mailto link without having to lose the image border functionality? Sorry to be a real pain!
-
Hi - thanks for getting back, I am using eg_default
-
Any news on this? - Sorry to drag it up but it's doing my head in!!
-
Morning all! We have several videos that have been made by staff and students that the Head would like on the school website. Things like students receiving their exam results, a tour of the sixth form etc. The problem is that most of these videos have some sort of music as a backing track and so we can't currently use them for copyright reasons. My question is, what do we need in order to be able to play copyright protected material on a website? Is it likely to be far too expensive, or are there concessions available for educational establishments? Thanks.
-
Why don't you just assign it through group policy? - This will install the msi using the system account.
-
I have built an msi if you want it just give me a pm!
-
Bump Anyone?!
-
Have you run a D:\RMNetwork\RMManage\Station Manager\Healthcheck.exe from the server?
-
What service release are you on?
-
Try updating the package list in the management console. So are any packages at all showing up in the management console or not?
-
Hi, I was wondering how I go about inserting links into the main template header. I know there is already one there on the left that links back to the homepage. I have the school name, phone number and e-mail address on there and I want to make the e-mail address a mailto: link. I have tried creating slices in both photoshop and fireworks but to no avail. I'm sure I'm missing something glaringly obvious! On another related issue - Is it possible to add a module within the header itself? I have been playing with a text size addon from joomla extensions that works great but would like to be able to add a simple module within the header itself like on the main joomla site: http://www.joomla.org/ Thanks!
-
What type of profiles are you using? Mandatory / Roaming / Local?
-
If it's less than 2 years old, don't you have hardware warranty?
-
Have you taken a Voltmeter to the PSU to check everything is reading ok? - Darn sight quicker than replacing it just to check. http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/guides/253-voltage-measuring-guide.html
-
Any companies with 3 years inclusive laptop support...
rusty155 replied to rpycroft's topic in Budgets and Expenditure
We use Dell - always found the support to be good when needed. Stone are also pretty good and offer up to 4 years on site warranty. -
Hi thanks for the replies - perhaps I wasn't clear enough though. I have got the trust working fine - I just can't get the selective authentication working. Get the following error when I try to enable it: "The domain was in the wrong state to perform the security operation." Anyone come across this?
-
I cannot raise my Curriculum PDC to 2003 function level as I have 2000 DCs on the Domain. The highest it can go is 2000 native (which it is in). However, my Admin PDC is currently set to 2000 mixed - so I can certainly raise the level of that to 2003 functional level because I can't see me adding any other DCs older than Server 2003. Are there any pitfalls to be aware of when raising the functional level? I can't see there being a problem as it is the only DC on the Domain but one never knows!! Thought I better check first as it's irreversible!!
-
Thanks TeddyKGB, This one thing that I noticed and thought could be a cause. Both DC's are Server 2003 but are currently in Windows 2000 Mixed functional level. On the Admin network I have just one DC - 2003 but on the curriculum network I have 3 DCs - PDC is 2003 and the other two are 2000. I have up until now resisted pulling the trigger on raising the Domain Functional Level and I'm not sure what effect it will have. Further advice would be great! Thanks, Charlie.
-
Hi all, I am in the process of setting up an External Trust between our Admin and Curriculum Domains. Gone pretty smoothly all in all but I want to be able to use selective authentication on the Admin domain instead of Domain-wide. However when I select it and apply, I get the following error: "The domain was in the wrong state to perform the security operation." On clicking ok, I receive: "Unable to write the organization authentication information to the trust object. The error is: The domain was in the wrong state to perform the security operation." Anyone experienced this before?
