Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Uber22

Members
  • Posts

    233
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Uber22

  1. We have a house onsite witch the headmaster lives, he is on one of our 80mb fttc lines with a draytek. They have a larder Cubard witch a small server or pc with loads of storage could go in. Witch would mean if we needed to access it I pop over and collect the pc
  2. Hey I am looking to move pass from a VM to its own dedicated server we seem to have performance issue since moving to virtual machine. Any suggestions on specification. I was also thinking of ssd on raid for the os and data . Once I have spec I head to ict direct Thanks
  3. Hey Looking for some advise what other do for off-site back up. We currently have veeam backup and replication backing up the hyper v machine to some hard drives on the internal server of veeam and Nas drive. I am thinking of putting a server off-site and using a VPN to connect it into the network then add it's storage into veeam. Any thoughts on this
  4. Hey All Our renewal for office volume licencing is approaching and i am thinking of shifts to A3 licencing in office 365. We current have A1 and volume licencing for office pro plus. Has anyone else moved this way for licencing are you paying more for this type of licensing. our sales person told me that windows 10 is included in this do they just supply a windows key for this and we upgrade all our pcs. Thanks
  5. Uber22

    CCTV PC Specs

    You have nailed it in one there
  6. Uber22

    CCTV PC Specs

    I only have a 500gb in at the moment and that gets me 2 weeks of recording I think it compresses well. I can really complain about the software we have the box in our off with a nice large screen and if anyone else wants access they use the web login with limited user
  7. Uber22

    CCTV PC Specs

    It's a network video recorder, price ranges on brand. before I brought NVR we had a server that did the recording and it was quite powerful but it was allways crashing so I moved to NVR. You basically enter each camera into the device and it does all the recording this is the one I have https://www.jmcsecure.co.uk/nvr-216mh-c-16p-hiwatch-by-hikvision-16-channel-8mp-nvr-with-16-poe-ports It works flawlessly and easy web management as well. Jmc are very helpful as well and very knowledgeable If you want to pm and questions feel free.
  8. Uber22

    Tablets

    I looked at the linx tablets but I don't think they do a win10 pro version few people say they are good tablets. I really would like to get some windows tablets. We do have some Lenovo ones
  9. Hey I have just placed an order for a new IP phone system and just look to get rid of all the old IP handset does anyone know how buys them in bulk I have about 67 splicecom 542 handsets. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
  10. Uber22

    Tablets

    Hey We are looking to buy our first batch of tablets any suggestions on what to go for. I would like them to be on the network and students and staff to use there AD login. But I know the Microsoft surface are not cheap big bucks. Any suggestions would be great.
  11. Uber22

    CCTV PC Specs

    Best thing I ever did is replace out my CCTV pc for a proper NVR will never go to a pc for recording again. Place like jmc technology cracking price as well
  12. what issues are you seeing, i will be installing my new xg in a couple of weeks. i will probably need some support from sophos :0
  13. Hey all I have been looking at scdpm for our school and i am keen to implement this as it looks like great tool to making managing stuff better. 1 whats your thoughts one this 2 how has this helped you manage better 3 does anyone in the northwest area ( Liverpool/Wirral/Chester ) have this installed and running i could made come across and see this in action and have demo. ? Thanks
  14. Hey all After some time now we are moving to a managed print software solutions in summer when our new mps printers arrive. if anyone is already using this i have a couple of questions 1 how have you allocated budgets to each department for example how much should i allocate each department 2 do you allocate a department pin or for each person Thanks
  15. Hey all Does anyone use wcbs for there finance/everything else system ? I keep getting asked about email and text message service for our teachers to contact our parents does anyone have anything that links into pass/3sys. If you dont what do you use ? Thanks
  16. Hey All i had some warnings on my server this morning saying that 95% of my dchp scope had been used, what is the best way to expand this ? Can i just adjust the end IP Range or will i need to add a second scope on. i have attached a screen grab
  17. Hey all Any suggestions on the best way to go with what mode to put the XG in, I want to go for the SSO I can see that there is a client that sits on the DC and sync up logins, I want it to be seem less for the user not having to login to the web browser and stuff. Second question is Has anyone setup there new xg while you still have UTM or other firewall in place. We have a limited time window that I will have to fit it so would like to setup and test it while still having my Sophos UTM in place
  18. We have a UTM at the moment and I have just paid for the new XG firewall going to fit it in the summer holidays I think, I didn't really have any training on the UTM but the XG I haven't used . Did you pay for the setup via sophos or done it yourself
  19. here is second one
  20. Hey All I have recently moved to MDT and need to install a load of application with it i have tested a few (chrome,sophos,connectwise) and they dont seem to be installing and i also get an error at the end of the install i have attached a few screenshots
  21. Hey I have just purchased a new xg 310 just seeing if anyone has moved from utm9 to xg did you use the Sophos migration tool or start from fresh ? Any issues you have seen in the migration. Thanks
  22. Would of loved to come but it's 4 hours for me from the Wirral 😑
  23. Hey We recently move to office 356 with just A1 licences. I am looking to implement sso but I have a few things to ask. 1. our office 365 and local domain names are different eg local is xzy.domain.com and office 365 is domain.com 2. Our usernames are slight difference in some users also non of the users have there email address in the ad accounts. 3.anythibv I have missed that I will need to configure. Thanks
  24. We have the store disabled via group policy but it doesn't seem to stop this so we have used application block via sophos. Our machines are running win10pro
  25. Just got this after reporting it to them. Bloody crapped my self thought something was going down 😂 Hello, This has been identified as a bug now. This should be resolved within the next few minutes with a new pattern update Regards,
×
×
  • Create New...