Uber22
Members-
Posts
233 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Uber22
-
Hey All I have been very unlucky with some hardware failure on my storage array this year especially last weekend when my direct storage array dropped 7 drives and a controller. yes I have data loss as well So am looking for a new solution, now I have been speaking with dave@ictdirect allways amazing and the suggestion is to go for a server and use it with FreeNas put some 10gb network cards in and nice 10gb switch but my vms would need to be stored locally. my second option is to move our finance /reg system to a dedicated server in the cloud (some how ) and keep our print server locally. We are currently getting users to move there data to OneDrive, then all that would be left is the DC and azure sync. I would love to hear feedback :0
-
Hi Mavhc I was a degraded hard drive I have swapped it out today, I booted into the raid config and it is saying it is rebuilding, I will leave it for a few days and see how I get on. Thanks
-
Hi All I had a notification that my vms were all off line this morning, I headed in to find the external storage controllers and 4 drives had failed (HP Das ) I had to replace the controller with a spare one I also replaced the 4 drives. After I rebooted the sever I could see all the drives had picked and I re-enabled in the raid in the hp software. I appears that the drive is not accessible now and I cant see if the raid controller has rebuild it ?
-
hi guys i did create a group for this (NT Virtual Machine\Virtual Machines) as veeam was complaining about it, but the issues was fixed with 2 things 1 i removed the virtual dvd drive and second i did a gp update on the new server. Thanks rob
-
hi all I have been having quite a few issues with my host that is running hyper v, I am seeing lost of issues with checkpoint and servers not able to create checkpoints or they can merger but I have a more pressing issues that I cant seem to move any of the virtual machines to a new host as the current one needs to be replaced I have attached a screenshot, any help would be great as I have been working on this for a month without any success.
-
Someone sent an email to the wrong person, they want to delay all mail going out for 5 mins.
-
Hi My senior management team have asked me to globally delay all emails going out does any one if this is possible with exchange online. Thanks
-
Hey All i am looking for some advise on moving our local homefolder/desktop/docs to onedrive, does anyone have any good guide. what issues have you faced when moving. did you test with a handful of user. did you move all the network shares to sharepoint. when mapping the drives onsite did you use the onedriver mapping tool. Thanks Rob
-
Hi All I am looking to send questionnaire out to our phone suppliers to gather somemore information on there process and access to our phone system they have installed and manage. I have come up with the below questions anything i could add, I am also looking to go though cyber essentials cert as well. Thanks What Firewall is install for the phone system ? What Rules are setup on the firewall to allow traffic in and out What ports are open on the firewall ? Is QOS Applied to the firewall How are new patches managed for the firewall ? who has access to our phone network in your business ?
-
Hey I have told my SMT team that i will be blocking all use of usb sticks to stop staff bring in any king of virus and to stop them using unencrypted stick, they have asked me if any other schools have this policy feedback would be welcome. Thanks
-
Hey Does anyone know the quickest and easiest way to setup signatures for all user globally for exchange online. Thanks
-
Hey Am just seeing if anyone from edugeek is attending the RM seminar in warrington next week. Thanks
-
Hey all I have been setting up my on premises server to sync with office 365 for single sign on. I have come across a bit of an issue and spent around 20 hours on the phone to Microsoft. Now I either don't understand fully or something gone wrong. I sync all my staff member up to with azure ad connect at this point I thought great that seemed easy. I then seen that all my users had an email alias [email protected] so I thought I had done something wrong here. Some of my users are saying when they go to sign they there username come up with onmicrosoft.com user, some users also have duplicate emails accounts as well. So my question should all users have alias [email protected]. Secondly not all users passwords have synced from on prem to office 365, I have only turned on password hash something I forgot what it's called . Thanks
-
Hey Guys Well I braved it after some more research, So I ran some command to see what dc had the FSMO roles and it was my main dc witch was fully working, So I deleted the other dc from Ad then deleted it from sites and services. After a reboot I tested the domain joins and its back working, I can create user and change passwords. DNS errors are clear, directory services are all good as well. Thanks for the advice, last thing or maybe I will start a new discussion but should I have a second dc or AD, DNS, DHCP. Thanks
-
You are correct I can't do any of that ekkk. So I think the plan is to decommission that old DC out of the picture, then transfer the fsmo roles , but when I run the command to check were the roles are it's says there on the current server. I have just had email saying couple of users that are in saying the workstation have lost trust relationship as well.
-
I think my current dc does but no according to the event log with lots of errors in there. I did a qurrie and it says the FSMO roles are on the current dc Schema master MYDC.DOMAIN Domain naming master MYDC.DOMAIN PDC MYDC.DOMAIN RID pool manager MYDC.DOMAIN Infrastructure master MYDC.DOMAIN
-
stupid question but doesn't a domain controllers dns ip address ment to be set to loop back 127.0.0.1 and not its own ip ? Thanks
-
think first job maybe to do clean up the old dc, then as you say follow the guide.
-
I have this as a warning, in the dns event viewer "The DNS server is waiting for Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) to signal that the initial synchronization of the directory has been completed. The DNS server service cannot start until the initial synchronization is complete because critical DNS data might not yet be replicated onto this domain controller. If events in the AD DS event log indicate that there is a problem with DNS name resolution, consider adding the IP address of another DNS server for this domain to the DNS server list in the Internet Protocol properties of this computer. This event will be logged every two minutes until AD DS has signaled that the initial synchronization has successfully completed."
-
yes there an issue there, 6 months ago i lost the secondary dc due to hardware failure and no back, i will go over all the setting, i will be building a secondary dc in the next few weeks.
-
Hi, I used veeam first i replicated the machine across then done a fail over then a permanent fail over. once it had failed over i had to add the network card in as for some reason it didnt have it. Thanks
-
hey all I recently moved my domain controller to a new host ever since i moved it i cant seem to join any new pcs to the domain, i get the following error . The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "Domain Name " Cannnot complete this function I cant really see that moving it would cause any issues. I can ping the dc, i can ping the fqdn , i can ping the full dc fqdn. i can also connect to \\dc\sysvol with the login details. I have tested with other pcs and they have the same issue. Thanks
-
The issue in the end was the direct storage array controller was broken. waiting for replacement.
-
Hey all My host has had a few issues over the last few weeks so I moved all my hyper v machines over to my backup host. About hour ago my DC shutdown so I went to start it and it's saying hardware failure vhxd. Also my DC hasn't backed up for 3 day :-0 and I have only 1 dcfs sever. On the plus side I have 3 days to sort it.
-
happy to meet in Liverpool if anyone else wants to come across. its only a trip over the water :0
