Reboot_IT
Members-
Posts
87 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Reboot_IT
-
I had this issue and found an old connect.ini which had been put into a Windows folder on the users Personal network area. I think it'd defaulted to that location due to C drive permission restrictions. After deletion it worked fine. Another thing to try is deleting the local profile on the remote server using Delprof.
-
Started "You" on Netflix last night which has me semi-gripped already.
-
Dovestone resovoir in Saddleworth is nice and you will get some good shots.
-
I know this was a while ago but I want to thank you for recommending Accupart. They sourced a screen from China for us and it's done the trick. I can't recommend their service highly enough.
-
We use RDS with SIMS installed. I've used SLG (locally hosted) to provide parental info before and found it to be a nightmare. The hosted version may be better.
-
Is this for staff to access remotely or to provide parents information?
-
It makes an eye catching headline but it's put into perspective in the article itself: “Typically, many of the cars listed in our top ten lists will be driven by those commuting or driving for longer periods on the motorway, at peak times in highly built-up areas, increasing the risk of an accident or motoring conviction."
-
I enjoy having a choice and trying different Ales and IPA's but I'm relatively new to it. I had a spitfire for the first time last week and really enjoyed it. Sapporo is my favourite lager at the moment, definitely worth a try!
-
Make sure the C drive isn't full and ensure the user profile service is actually starting when the PC is booted.
-
As long as there is a cheese board afterwards, I'm happy!
-
What about logging tickets retrospectively and adding some categories to your helpdesk for this purpose? If the system has that capability that is!
-
As above, I always separate User and Computer policies too!
-
Is the policy applied to a User OU? It looks as if it's just linked to your laptop OU?
-
Yes that is the back of the LCD. We've looked in all the usual places but we're struggling to find much about, anything we have found is near enough the same as a brand new device!
-
Hello, One of our HP x360 11inch Chromebooks has had something dropped on the lid which has caused damage to the LCD (glass and digitizer are fine). I'm struggling to source the part for a reasonable price, can anybody recommend a supplier that can help or offer any other advice? Part number: B116XAB01.3 Thanks!
-
I've used both systems quite recently and have no complaints around either. I purchased Meraki in my previous role which had 1:1 mobile devices for students so it seemed worthwhile going with Meraki especially as there were/still are incentives such as double term licensing available for education. For a site that isn't 1:1 devices for students, I don't see any issues with Ruckus in which case the decision would come down to costs. In short, find the solution that suits your needs best!
-
I know nothing about music but trying to make men and women the same in every area is getting somewhat annoying. Might it be that women just prefer to do one type of instrument and men prefer the other? My girlfriend prefers me to sort the garden out whilst she does internal household chores which I suspect happens in most cases. As somebody said, men and women are genetically different both physically and emotionally. That doesn't mean some females won't garden and enjoy it.
-
Brilliant, that's the criteria I always used for issuing laptops!
-
If you are in control of the budget, try and keep some back in preparation for refresh further down the line! Think about the direction of the school/trust before deciding on device types as things can very quickly become not FFP! I had an experience where we had a bit of a surplus and money was thrown around thoughtlessly so it didn't disappear into the unknown .
-
Don't give them laptops... problem solved!
-
As well as moving away from hosting our own MIS, another benefit to moving away from SIMS include taking away the limitation of a local installed MIS for Windows only OS. I don't know enough about hosted SIMS and whether that changes the current lack of compatibility. I'm also expecting a decent amount of ££ saving should we move from SIMS!
-
Thank you, these are the main two that I had in mind so it's good to know they're being used without too much admin stress!
-
Hello, I'm from a small MAT working with Primary and secondary schools. I'm looking into the prospect of making the change from SIMS to a cloud hosted MIS and would like any suggestions on systems and any experiences worth noting (good and bad!). Thanks
-
I've used similar and no issues to report. Epson support for warranty issues were also pretty good too!
-
What hardware do teachers have access to at your school? (Secondary)
Reboot_IT replied to SavedZelda's topic in Hardware
We have a small bookable number of laptops for staff to take home or use within school as and when. Other than that it's every classroom has a desktop PC, Interactive A/V and a visualiser. We have BYOD set up for staff who'd like to bring their own laptop/tablet and they can connect internally using remote access. I've done the "every teacher must be issued with a laptop" before and it's hard to manage them and maintain them to a good enough standard.
