-
Posts
195 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by MarkPower
-
Hi Tom I think I recal the conversation and understand that it may not be possible at the moment. If I can help further in the future please let me know. Cheers Mark
-
Net-Ctrl always happy to discuss this with you Ian relating to Ruckus Wireless if you like. Net-Ctrl Mark Power 01473 281211
-
Hi tomscaper It sounds like you have had enough and if the cost is sensible then you may be able to get a manged wireless soloution in the school, or even some fat access points that work well with a large number of users. I can gurantee both with Ruckus Wireless and would be more than happy to discuss this with you when you have the chance. It sounds like you have looked at solutions that cost a fortune already which is something that Ruckus addresses by being very cost effective. If the complete solution is not needed then the fat access point method would certainly get you out of a hole for now and for very little cost. PM, email or call me I am happy to help Also check out what other people say about Ruckus on Edugeek to see for yourself. This is not going to cost you anything to chat about it and see if this is an option for you, if it's not then no problem. I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers Mark Power 01473 281211 [email protected]
-
Hi Jamin100 Drop me an email to make sure I have you covered for the eval with all your school details and contacts to make sure I have your eval in hand. I only know a few of you by your Edugeek names and would like to cross reference hate to have forgot about. [email protected] 01473 281211 Cheers Mark
-
Ruckus ZoneFlex Smart Wireless LAN Named 2009 Networking Technology of the Year by InfoWorld Ease of Use, Rich Feature Set and Flexibility Cited as Award-Winning Differentiators January 29, 2009 – Ruckus Wireless™ today announced that its ZoneFlex™ Smart Wireless LAN (WLAN) system was named 2009 Technology of the Year in the networking and security category by InfoWorld’s Test Center. The award is the 30th consecutive product or company accolade over the last two years. According to InfoWorld, its annual Technology of Year Awards recognize the top nine disciplines or technology sectors that matter most to enterprise IT while identifying “the best and most innovative enterprise products that have fundamentally altered the IT landscape.” According to InfoWorld testers: “the Ruckus system delivers incredible flexibility and a rich feature set. We've never seen another wireless system that comes close to Ruckus in ease of deployment and management. Businesses wanting enterprise-class wireless networking without requiring an enterprise-sized staff to manage it should look no further.”
-
That is just wrong
-
I am sure they can make a guest apperance to meet with their fans
-
Count me in..... Will happily bring Ruckus back with me and show anyone that has missed it. As Tom mentioned there is no need to do a presentation if you have new speakers as we did one last year, but will be on hand if people want to talk.
-
6 coffee mugs one with mould growing in it Bad news is they are all still empty
-
We've broke another record
MarkPower replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Thats a craking number -
I would agree that the fixed PC's should remain wired however the laptops and trolleys is an easy one to resolve with a solution called Ruckus Wireless. If you search on the forum for Ruckus I think you will find some interesting facts and comments. Ruckus is the only solution that can beamform its signal instead of using the standard omni directional antenna's that are on your D-Link a/p's. Ruckus will allow you to connect more users to an a/p quoted as allowing upto 100 but we say 50 is an average number, clients of ours have posted that 32 to 60 + have been happily connected most using the small notebooks. I have plenty of data sheets I can provide you with and you will find case studies on the forum or I can send them to you, these case studies are also all members of Edugeek so can be spoken to directly if required. A few key benefitis of Ruckus is that you get Life time Warranty It is IT Lite About 30% cheaper than other big name brands Fewer access points required. Delivers exceptional QOS Give me a shout if you want to know more, I understand it is early days and will be happy to just give you the info to investigate. If you decide you like what you hear I can send you some kit in a bit to try for free on site for a couple of weeks, this way you can make your own mind up how good the Ruckus kit is. Cheers Mark 01473 281211
-
I used this company a little while ago now but they seemed quite cheap but we did get about 500 so may be worth a call. Lauren Willsdon Shout Promotional Merchandise 10 Green Leaf House 128 Darkes Lane Potters Bar Herts EN6 1AE Tel - 0870 458 9093 Fax - 0870 460 8027 [email protected] Shout Promotional Merchandise
-
Good to meet you at Bett and hope the trip home was ok
-
sorry the thoughts I had on hosting are just not going to cut it on cost, I would pick up on the Smoothwall side of things and see if you are able to talk to Tom and look at the bigger picture with there kit.
-
I can recomend Ruckus Wireless for this as mentioned previously in this thread. Yes we sell it and yes we are bound to say that but just check some of the threads about Ruckus and what it can do, these are Edugeek users and they have purchased and experienced it. We have experienced people running 25 - 51 on b/g and up to 60 users on n. The maximum number per access point for Ruckus is 100 users per a/p but this is always going to be a tall order dependant on what you do, we say 50 is the best number to work with and over two classrooms of laptops this will work no problem. If you are seriouse about wireless and want to talk more give me a call or PM me and I will go through the solution. I will always lend you some kit FREE OF CHARGE if you want to see how well it works, that way you can make your own mind up. We have provided plenty of Edugeek users kit and they have purchased so please ask about see what they all say. Cheers Mark 01473 281211
-
welcome chaps !!!
-
How many mailboxs do you need to protect? Would you consider a hosted solution or is that a no no for the school, also does it need to scan in bound and out bound mail? Also can you send me the links on the Russian Girls I am interested Cheers Mark
-
Hi Guys At the Bett show last week a group of you asked if I could post the latest case study for Ruckus from Deben High on the site so here it is. Ruckus at Deben High School This case study was only released last week and we are greatful to Adam for attending the stand and providing his comments on Ruckus Wireless and Net-Ctrl to anyone that asked. (Yes he said nice things.....We Think !!! ) Adam has also agreed to allow people to look round his school if you dont mind a trip to see him at the seaside to see the kit in situ. Let me know if anyone is interested and I will arrange it with Adam for you. Cheers Mark
-
I don't think that's Stu Douglas missing you all: http://picturecrib.com/images/nvabnz9tee4xi3zu25tz.jpg
-
Less of the lovely please
-
Thanks for the kind words Dos_Box happy to help anytime. Cheers Mark & Stuart
-
No problem if you go to the home page and scroll down you will see the hounds as they roam around the show.
-
Thats great thanks Simon, we very much look forward to discussing this further as and when you are ready. Cheers Mark
-
Morning all Stuart and I just wanted to post a big thanks to all Edugeek admins and supporting team that made us feel welcome at the Bett Show this year. We are chuffed to bits that we could help to spread the good word of Edugeek and I take my hat off to all involved as it was a hard week and we are all cream crackered, even so the laughing never stopped nor the drinking come to mention it We are also very greatful for the pottential and existing clients that paid us a visit and we look forward to working further with you all on Ruckus Wireless. By the way the Ruckus Edudog is missing you all. Cheers Mark
-
You will be missed mate you have done a great job with Edugeek and it is a shame to see you hang up your cap, however enjoy the well deserved break. All the best Mark
