Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Decimas6

Members
  • Posts

    49
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Decimas6

  1. Thanks, I've got our wireless profile and I found https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/cc722359(v=ws.10).aspx which sounds like something I'm looking for. I'm not sure how to tie it all together now though. This is what I have, but I don't really want to put a plain text password in there. Any thoughts? RunSynchronous> MyDomain MyPassword MyUsername MySynchCommand1 1 \\network\server\share\wireless.xml False
  2. Hi, Hoping someone can help, I've implemented an unattend file for our deployment images, but one annoyance is connecting to the WiFi, nearly everything else is 0 click and I'd like to implement this is possible, but everything I'm searching for is telling me how to hide wireless during set up, not auto connect. We currently use GPO and reboot with a cable in, but I'd like it to be all in one. Thanks
  3. Our users get this with Gmail sometimes, normally with IE, where they will log in and just get the Robot, we always suggest Chrome and IE/Gmail normally sorts itself out in a day.
  4. I have done this here. We dug out an old server, installed MySQL Server (MSI at: https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/) on to it. Then installed workbench (same MSI, but only Workbench this time). When you first load up work bench as a user, you'll need to add a connection to the server, which for us is simply the server name under "hostname". Then users can log on using the account and password we made them in SQL Workbench under users.
  5. They come across as a rebrand of netbooks, doesn't sound like much has changed except the flash memory should make them snappier, and their size/weight. I personally wouldn't but anything Acer, bad experiences with quality.
  6. Are you using pro Microsoft no longer allows administrators to block Windows Store access in Windows 10 Pro | ZDNet
  7. We are (through our LA), I've been pretty sure this is the problem for a while, but they haven't been able to fix it yet. Was just hoping there might be a way around.
  8. Did you ever have any luck with this? We've rolled outsome iPads and are having the same issue.
  9. Thanks, I'll try this out when I can!
  10. Hey, would I be able to see this? I have been trying to configure our shared folders on Macs recently, (I've actually got a folder share working, just the students can see/access other's home folders/backup boxes!)
  11. Any use? https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn873998.aspx?tduid=(fc042f3ad163556337366371ee27510e)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-ebIdP3y_j__iyookHHTmQw)() or https://hyperv.veeam.com/blog/how-to-convert-physical-machine-hyper-v-virtual-machine-disk2vhd/
  12. Hi, I have recently been setting up some Macs we have here, and am running into a few issues. The main issue at this minute is student personal network folders, admins folders work perfectly, but anyone who doesn't have admin rights on the server through Windows just gets the error message "you don't have permission to access this server". Does anyone know how to get around this? My set up is: 7 Macs running El Capitan, 1 used as server running OS X Server with OD, DNS, Web and PM set up. In PM under directory, I don't have force local home dir on start up checked And am currently using the Use UNC Path for home location Do no have any other network mounts And am using Mobility accounts (I have on start up volume checked, unsure if related to anything) There are a few other issues I need to work out, if anyone has any throw in on them: OD DNS properly not functioning after installing the profile (when there is no installed profile on clients I can access the server from clients by using the server name, but after being enrolled etc I only can through IP) Profile manager does not automatically update anything after the machines has been enrolled, and just sits on pending in active tasks, so all profiles are done manually currently. (Also DNS related maybe?) Users can see and access some network devices, including teacher machines and NAS boxes. Thanks for any help!
  13. SIMS workstation doesn't have an uninstaller, we just delete the SIMS folder in programs and any other trace of it. Afraid I can't help with your main problem, I'm fairly new to SIMS and it is all in house here.
  14. Not taking into account Apple accounts or VPP Using iOS 9, my roll out process is: Using Apple Configurator 1.7, one iPad at a time. Set iPads to be supervised Create a profile to automatically connect to your wireless network Go to Setup - Select to skip all the first time setup settings (location etc) In Setup, select configure settings - Get your Enrollment URL from Meraki for AC 1.x (System Manager - Add device - Half way down the page) and put it in the MDM section Connect an iPad, give it a name, and select prepare. If set up correctly it will put the iPad on the wireless and enroll it on Meraki automatically. I don't apply any apps or restrictions using AC, only through Meraki once it is joined.
  15. Thanks for the suggestions, I will try sfc /scannow, but it is easier for us to just install than it is to restore.
  16. Hi, We currently have an issue with a few of our 8.1 machines having a black background and different colour text in Windows explorer (folders etc.) that you can see in the image attached. It only happens to the student accounts on those machines, non of the admin and not on other machines. I can't tell whether it is user caused or something else, but does anyone have any ideas how to revert it? The machines are not in High contrast mode, and while I can replicate it using regedit on an admin account, the student accounts don't have access to anything, not that I have been able to access at least. Thanks.
  17. It was the council proxy blocking it, thanks though.
  18. We have some new iPads that have been updated to iOS9 and we're having an issue logging into the Apple accounts made for them. Connecting outside the school network there is no problem signing in. But in the school the error "Verification failed: There was an error connecting to the Apple ID server" is coming up. They have internet access, it is literally just logging in to the Apple accounts. Is anyone else having this problem with iOS9, or is it more likely a problem with our proxy provider? There are version 5 and 8 iPad's also in the school logging in to the Apple ID's completely fine.
×
×
  • Create New...