Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Eudora931

Members
  • Posts

    190
  • Joined

Everything posted by Eudora931

  1. What are the costings for Caspar suite?
  2. Hi itguywestmidlands, I probably used the wrong terminology, what I meant was there is a Superscope set up called Superscopejoe (!) and below it we have 3 IP 'ranges' In the Superscope
  3. Hi All, Hoping someone can help with this. Sorry - long post I would like to learn more about setting up super scopes. I've taken over a school that has one already set up and has 3 ranges. I think we may be needing another one soon as the device count is racking up. My only exposure to setting one up is when my manager tried to set it up at our school . He followed all the online guides and did the wizard etc. But - ran into real problems as the devices just would not pick up the new range. He changed the settings on the server nic and he asked our broadband provider to do something at their end ( not sure what as wasn't part of the process) He could assign static IP but it wouldn't access internet / network etc. He finally managed to sort it - but don't know how as I was busy doing other stuff and we never really got a chance to talk it through ( he wasn't very good at sharing !) So, I guess , I would kind of like a step by step guide , including what I should be asking from my provider ( if anything) Sort of an end to end . I've already googled the setting up Superscope - but obvs there is a bit more to it than just the wizard. Any help would be very much appreciated . Thank you in advance
  4. What about maths games etc ? Happy to look at free and paid . Thank you!
  5. Having looked at several options - I'm thinking - for our school - of keeping the macs and Windows machines separate . IE Windows server as dhcp, printer,admin office shares, Windows machines And Mac server for mac and iPad management IE the more I think about it , I don't see any real benefit of adding macs to the domain. 1) because school uses google drive for file sharing 2) admin office macs can be mapped to secure Windows shares 3) macs are printing via a RIP 4) I can then use X server for Mac and iPad management 5) looking to get chrome books for students Does anyone see any major issues with this? Thanks !
  6. Some really great ideas guys! Thank you!
  7. So, I managed to add a mac to my CC4 AD - albeit outsidde the RM establishment How do I now get my mac to have the windows login when the machine first boots up?
  8. Can I ask how much Centrify is costing you?
  9. Thanks Oaktech - I would say the same re: cloud based sensitive info. I need to check with the CP officer if home access is required - as tbh - I would prefer it on the school server and secure. Ps - just read back my original post and apologies for the spelling! Typing too quickly! :-)
  10. Hi , I have been asked to look into whether we can encrypt or password protect docs on google drive. Scenario is this: All staff save to Google Drive . The is some CP stuff that wants to be saved there as well but anyone can access it . I know we can set up a folder and only share it with cerain people - but the question is as the information is on the cloud is there a way of also encrypting it for added security. Hope that all makes sense ! thank you!
  11. Hi, Those of you using Chrome books - is there much out there that you use for the programming side of the curriculum that can be done using chrome books? Thank you :-)
  12. Hi there, My school uses Google Drive as its staff shared - does anyone back up their whole school google drive or can recommend some way of doing this that doesn't involve spending lots of money on Cloud backup solutions e.g Backify etc... Many thanks :-)
  13. Hi Peter, thanks for that info - very useful! So, just to be clear - you added the machine to main site. Then created GPO's for that machine separate to CC4's which are listed under establishment? Where were these GPO's sat? Or did you create a separate OU (separate to Main Site) and then have the GPO's there? Also, were RM ever funny about support when you did that? Thanks for the help! :-)
  14. Hi , Not sure if this is the right place - but - has anyone added a Win 7 machine to a CC4 server as you would do on Vanilla - IE not build as CC4 or Smartclient ? I tried today and all I could get was the N: map Just wondered if any one had tried this and got other stuff to install? Curious - thanks in advance
  15. Hi quackers - do you mean install deploy studio onto the X server?
  16. Hi JamesA, The school has a RIP setup so all standalone macs are working - it's more that it's unmanaged via papercut as no domain /managed machines except the ones on cc4 ( Windows machines) My Plan is to go vanilla , add all Windows machines/boards to domain. Then have the X server to manage to Mac side of things . Too many random things to do into detail here- but lots to 'tidy up' e.g backups etc. Currently things work but very unmanaged so any changes need almost an army . V large primary school over 2 sites who have not had an I house tech or network manager before . Big into macs . Challenging but very exciting to be able to come in and make an impact!
  17. Also the school recently bought a Riso printer with papercut and have not been able to use that properly - as I said newbie to school so inherited!
  18. Hi Norphy, current server has cc4 installed and not managed to join Mac to it yet...do you know if that is possible?
  19. Hello elsiegee40 - and thanks :-)
  20. Hi All, I'm a newbie Network manager in a school that is pre dominantly macs ... All standalone . Cc4 running on 2008 r2. Standalone boards. Only the suite and around 30 desktops being services by cc4. What I would like to know - please - can I run a Windows server alongside a Mac X server . Where the Windows server has the dhcp and the printer and authenticated users . File sharing would only be applicable to admin office (who also want to use iMacs) as rest of school use google drive ... Want to use the X server to manage the macs really and maybe setup file sharing ... Total newbie so be kind lol
×
×
  • Create New...