-
Posts
190 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Eudora931
-
Management or IT Management certifications?
Eudora931 replied to FN-GM's topic in Courses and Training
Cool - so ccna as I need technical networking knowledge and the ITil , as my title is network manager , so I can confidently talk best practices .. I have been given the go ahead to enroll on any courses that I think will benefit - school is ( very lucky for me) big on cpd for all staff including support) Any ITIL recommendations? -
Management or IT Management certifications?
Eudora931 replied to FN-GM's topic in Courses and Training
What do people think of the Cisco ccna course? I've got the udemy one - should I be looking at ITIL instead? -
Great info - thanks
-
Sorry if in wrong place - Just wondering how much roughly it costs to have / and run small air conditioned room or are there alternative cooling options? We currently house our rack server and switches in a room with the printer. Would it cost a lot to re locate the whole thing? And cool properly ? Thanks
-
Subscribe
-
Also interested in this
-
Thanks so much witch :-)
-
Hi DJ, CC4 any GPO's seem to be about changing registry or running scripts. Nothing looks 'normal' The settings from scratch would be perfect ! And any help with setting up hyper v would be great too! I can ask secondary school Nm's for help - but I need to know what I'm talking about as well as I feel like a fraud! But my school knows what I know and don't know - but I I guess I want to gen up on stuff so that a secondary won't come in and say your NM is Carp - let us support you ... Not totally an ego thing , but sometimes I feel like I should know basic stuff and I don't . But I can do lots of other stuff post server build etc ... Supported XP, 2003, 2008 and 2012 servers before this. So yes please :-) I can pm you my email address ?
-
Hi , Just starting out and would like to have a go at building a test server just to practice stuff on. When I supported lots of schools I had access to their servers so I could always copy from them when I needed something from a server that where the required gpo worked. And not built a server from scratch before- manager had no time to 'train' even though it was promised every summer :-/. So , now I'm in a school permanently, on a CC4 - so no basic gpo's to start / copy from. Would anyone be willing to share their basic set up gpo's for a server 2012 setup - I also want to play with the Hyper V stuff. Thanks in advance
-
Hi all, just a bump up for this ... How would the host name have got changed and how would I be able to change it back. The only other thing I've done before it changed was install deploy studio to the X server on my Mac mini that is bound to my Windows server
-
Hi DJ When the X server was set up - guy noticed that the X server kept trying to go to 127.0.0.1 .. So he took that off . Also, the Mac server wouldn't join to bps-sr-01 without adding the .schoolname.internal I'm not sure if this had something to do with it? ( have left 2 messages for him to call me back!) Also, when I did ipconfig the dns server was down as 127.0.0.1 so I ( hopefully not messing anything up) went to the nic and changed the preferred dns to my server ip.. And then to gateway IP - and now I'm not sure which it should be :-/...
-
Hi, Ok , so here is my issue - bear with long back story: I had someone come in and set up an X server and bind it to my windows server... My windows server host name is (made up here:) bp-sr-01 All my printers and shares are mapped with that hostname. Came in today not able to remote on the server using bp-sr-01 but it would connect with the IP address. On investigation found that my server was now only connecting to printers ,remote desktop if I put in the whole of the FQDN ( I think its the right terminology! - very new to this) ie bp-sr-01.schoolname.internal I need it to go back to bp-sr-01 for the host name . Any help would be appreciated. Thank you !
-
I got some nice cheap Toshiba nbt's from RM
-
I've got some offers from Udemy - on line video courses
-
I'm going on Wednesday
-
Take a look at the ICT support bit of stjohnschurchschool.co.uk - there is and SLA in there
-
Where are you based?
-
Anyone else willing to share their strategy document? New to role and not really sure where to start :-)
-
Speckytecky - you've started something lol
-
What free help desk software are you using and how easy has it been to implement / use from an admin and a user perspective ?
-
Hi speckytecky - thanks for offering to send document. Not recieved anything in PM yet?
-
Some great info - thanks :-)
-
Would anyone be willing to put up a sample questionnaire ? I'm doing something very similar and aside from little chats about why certain areas / equipment isn't being used not sure how else to get more curriculum / class based info
