useraaron321
Members-
Posts
46 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by useraaron321
-
We recently created a new image using WDT and rebuilt all the computers in a local school we look after. Ever since we have done this we have had the message 'Windows is not Genuine' pop up on our screens after every restart. If you input the key manually or if you use VAMT it doesn't seem to matter as when you reboot the machine it just goes back to the same message. We looked into using a KMS server but according to all the other info I have searched through on the web other people experiencing the same issues still get the same message and we dont want to go through all of that just to end up in the same position. It seems like most people seem to have the issue on Windows 7 with SP1. We are using 32bit system. Any help would be great. Thanks
-
Hi yesterday we used workgroupe manager to put a downloads folder in everyones dock (there is a valid reason for needing this) and it worked fine on all machines. Today we came in and now when students log on they get a downloads folder in there dock instead of the icon which changes based on what ever was downloaded last and it has the red symbol in the bottom corner. When you click on it you get a message about not having permission to access the folder and needing to speak to the administrator. Has anyone got any ideas how I can sort this out? Regards
-
Hi everyone, we have an issue that has just started to pop up with hyperlinks. If we currently click on the a link to YouTube then it opens up and you get this message 'This video is unavailable with Safety Mode enabled. To view this video, you will need to disable Safety Mode'. We had not problems with this until recently so it must be something that Google has just decided to do with YouTube. I know its supposed to protect people by content filtering but no good if it stops the video from being played. You can still go on youtube but it just wont accept the links unless you have a youtube account but of course we cant expect every student to log into google everywhere they go. Does anyone else have this problem recently and if so have you managed to fix this at all? Thanks
-
Updating Flash Player on Multiple Macs at Log-on Screen.
useraaron321 replied to useraaron321's topic in Mac
Didn't work as when they where sat at log-in screen ARD was not showing as active on the target machines from ARD. I think it might be something to do with Impero running on the machines at the user log-on screen. As soon as you log into a machine ARD picks it up and you gan send the package and I have been given good advice that once logged on from the computer locally Impero doesn't need to be on so it disables itself and only checks in every now and then. probably it was just taking up the same port. when I noticed this we just put it into the task server of ARD and now whenever a new person logs on it will just run the task and install flash for each Mac. Thanks for all the help though guys. -
Updating Flash Player on Multiple Macs at Log-on Screen.
useraaron321 replied to useraaron321's topic in Mac
Thanks for your help I'm going to try a few things but this Munki app seems to be a good shout after looking into it. -
Updating Flash Player on Multiple Macs at Log-on Screen.
useraaron321 replied to useraaron321's topic in Mac
Oh ok I probably would be better of with a GUI until I get comfortable using using command line. No way you know of using ARD or any of the other inbuilt OS X tools -
Updating Flash Player on Multiple Macs at Log-on Screen.
useraaron321 replied to useraaron321's topic in Mac
Hi, thanks for your reply. Do you currently use this software for yourself? -
Hi, we are trying to update all of the Macs in our IT rooms with flash player all at once. I have the pkg and have managed to use ARD to push the software through to one Mac. The problem is I have to sign into each Mac in order for ARD to see it as available. Does anyone know how to push the update out so it will work without having to log-in to each and every Mac?? Thanks
-
Hi, we would like to mount a share that goes into individual folders for each user (afp://macserver/Network Users/14BloggsJ) could anyone advise me how we can achieve this? The folders have already been created with the correct permissions, we just need to get this to mount to the relevant user that is logging on. Some articles on the web have suggested to add $User ((afp://macserver/Network Users/$User)) We can’t find anywhere within Workgroup Manager to set this. We are using AD & OD to manage the machines and users. Unfortunately we know very little about Macs so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
-
Hi we have a number of Macs that we would like to back up as we are getting a new Mac network put in. The trouble we are having is that we want rid of all the unwanted data we have on our current Mac system that students and so on have saved but we need to keep the work that the current students will want back. Our understanding is that if we use Time Machine we will be able to back it up but upon restore it will just dump everything that was backed up back on those computers. Is there any way to back up and choose the files you want to be restored so when a student comes in asking for there work we can just send those files back to there computer rather then restore the computer to an earlier date so to speak? Currently the only way we can think to do this is to go round all the Mac's with a HD and copy the content from each one noting down the computer it came from. Any help would be really appreciated
-
Hi guys, I am new to IT and new to Windows server so I am trying to learn as much as I can. My manager set me some tasks to do on it and I have managed with some help to get some done but I am now stuck on this one: Redirecting folders Create a share on the server called Desktop. Decide whether this desktop is for students or staff then set the permissions accordingly. Create some shortcuts within the new folder. Configure the GPO to redirect the desktop folder so that users are presented with the icons you created. I can work out how to add shortcuts to the desktops of my users computers by going to Preferences>Shortcuts and creating a new one but I think I am being asked to create a folder with all the icons I want on that desktop and then set the users desktops to populate from that. You help would be much appreciated. Regards
-
Good one, anywhere I can get free training would be great. I was looking at doing the CompTIA A+ too so this might come in handy for that. Its got a lot of videos on windows OS as well which is really useful. Thanks
- 22 replies
-
- networking
- trainee
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hi, can anyone help me with this? When I type cmd in the search bar I get this message Windown cannot access search query cmd. The funny thing is it works when I am at work on my the school network but it doesn't when I am at home. I have searched the web a bit but cant seem to find exactly what I am looking for. Thanks
-
I'm definitely going to do that it seems like a good idea.
- 22 replies
-
- networking
- trainee
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Good advice. I'm looking at a course run by CISCO called IT Essentials Cisco Networking Academy Program Its CISCO but its really just as the title suggests and its just the basics really. After that my manager said we'll have a look at some other ones most likely Microsoft accreditation's. But any other courses you may suggest would be great. I was also directed to this page MCTS 70-640 which seems to be a free course on windows server 2008. I'm always a little weary of free things nowadays though.
- 22 replies
-
- networking
- trainee
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Love it. Haha. It's so true as well.
- 22 replies
-
- networking
- trainee
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Im actually on the MVA website now so thanks for that. I'm being really inquisitive and learning things all the time. If I don't understand it I'll ask and if I do understand it i'll ask about the next thing I don't understand that's related to that. I cant help wanting to know more I think I really am turning into a geek. Haha. But I do understand that I have only just scratched the surface of what there is to learn and I think its important to keep listening and instead of trying to sound like I know it just keep asking questions. I think I'm almost exhausting my colleges to be honest but I'm sure it will work in all our favors in the end.
- 22 replies
-
- networking
- trainee
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Big cardboard box at the side so he didn't notice the shiny chrome on his chair as he walked in and swapped our jackets over. He was wiping the crumbs and dust of my my one wondering why his had got so dirty. I had to leave the room!! ;p
- 22 replies
-
- networking
- trainee
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
That's good to know. I'm lucky to be in the same position as you and I have cleaver manager who finds time although he didn't notice that I swapped his big comfortable leather chair with mine ;p. Id like to do some training on some courses I think just to speed up my progress really. I guess you're right though I'm going to be learning 80% or my knowledge right here in the School.
- 22 replies
-
- networking
- trainee
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Thanks
- 22 replies
-
- networking
- trainee
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hello people, just joined on here and just started a new career as an ICT Technician in a School. I was told to join this website as it was a good place for information but I wondered if anyone could direct me to any other websites that offer any training or info on any of the things I may be covering. I'm totally new to IT so any acronyms may confuse me. I would like to learn more about the network side of things like windows server, and I would like to know more about switches and cabling or anything you may recommend. Also one of the things that bug me a little is when teachers come to me with an issue about not being able to play a video, a file corrupting or just something everyday that end users seem to have trouble with. Just so you know I am going to be enrolled on a course in september but it would still be valuable to have some good websites to help someone who its just starting out. Regards Aaron
- 22 replies
-
- networking
- trainee
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
