-
Posts
13,543 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Geoff
-
Well you could still FoI request them to death.
-
Also consider Shuttle or Rocket Player
-
Also no one cleans their ice machines properly. Always request no ice in soft drinks. While in the UK manky ice machines probably wont make you ill in other parts of the world you are running the risk of getting cholera.
-
MMO+ | The MMO search engine Fiddle with the filters and see what it spits out.
-
I'm on a break until Legion hits. I have a smattering of 90s on alliance (my guild broke up during Warlords). I re-rolled horde side on Stormscale and I'm in the Reddit guild.
-
I use a bit of software called Racktables. It's opensource and runs on LAMP. RackTables There's a demo you can try here: RackTables Demo
-
For stuff like Google accounts set up two factor auth.
-
I'm not playing minecraft atm.
-
Oh right, that'd be SugerCRM or vTiger CRM then..
-
Why don't you just go for a CRM? Obvious elephant in the room being Salesforce? You can develop on Salesforce and tailor it to your needs too.
-
Only if the boat comes directly to the UK. As long as you ship via a tax haven it's ok. I ship through Barbados for these sorts of things. Entirely accurate.
-
If you ship it as a car, then yes you are looking at about a 35% mark up. If you disassemble it stateside then put it back together again no, as the tax only applies to finished goods. Not 'components'. You can do the same thing with anything like this, so you could take iMacs apart and ship them as electronic components and then put them back together again and sell them. Invalidates the warranty of course.
-
Yeah, but you could ship a Tesla yourself for £1,000 from Stateside (disclaimer: You must disassemble the car and send it as 'auto parts')
-
I don't know. I think @Arthur had his maths right. Don't also discount the annual saving in fuel and road tax you'll get over the life of ownership too. My only misgiving is charging infrastructure, there isn't a whole lot up north outside of motorway services and inner city multi story car parks up north. With the range on the Tesla I could manage my work commute (44 mile round trip daily) with just home charging though.
-
Another Op Ed in the Guardian. Dear Nicky Morgan: so much for freeing schools from ?government diktats? | Michael Rosen | Education | The Guardian
-
276K Pre-orders and counting Tesla Motors receives $10bn in Model 3 pre-orders in just two days | Technology | The Guardian
-
Highlights: 215 mile range per charge Under 6 seconds zero to 60 mph Seating for 5 Adults 5-star safety rating in all categories Autopilot safety features Supercharging Here is the release announcement video: And a test ride (skip to the 9 minute mark)
-
I went commercial
-
RSA SecureID. Although we did also look at Safenet.
-
You will have to check the event log and see what is being blocked. Sysinternals Process Explorer can also help you debug.
-
Requires small animal sacrifices in order to obtain a DHCP lease. https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/RT-AC5300/
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
If your main disk is spinning rust you can tell windows to use the ssd as cache by using readyboost. You should also stick your page file on there. I imagine some partitioning of the SSD will be required as you'll break dm-cache. If this was a windows only PC, you'd see more benefit if you put the OS on the SSD, even though it's only 64Gb.
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
Today is World Backup Day. Don't forget your backups!
Geoff replied to Geoff's topic in General Chat
It's not a backup until you test a restore. -
%ProgramFiles% %SystemRoot% You may need to include (I hate this one, looking at you Java). %ProgramData% Then the rest will depend on your network setup. So include any mapped drives or UNC paths that are relevant.
