Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

firefighting

Members
  • Posts

    94
  • Joined

Everything posted by firefighting

  1. I agree with NickJones but found installing the s/w seem to be a bit of a .
  2. What a great idea. Thank you
  3. Thank you for replying. Yes, the size limit is a good idea. As it is a common folder, not sure how I can impose size limit per user. We are just on VLE but operated by LEA so again maybe a rethink. One though comes to mind is a script to monitor for new file placed in the folder which will open a text file with a warning. Problem is how do I send it to that particular user!
  4. I have a temporary shared folder which has become a dumping ground for students and staff. Does anyone know a way to display a warning when the folder is accessed that says the folder will be cleared on such a day? maybe a web page with a waring and a confirmation button. I can then read the file time stamp and delete (or just move it out) after a preset time.
  5. Looks a good spec. Do you know how what battery life is like on Wi-Fi? You get it all fired up, please report back.
  6. Had a similar problem installing ITR. Have you got a mapped drives on the client pc setup?
  7. Andie gave a very good explanation on setting GPO. Won't hurt giving you my version. HTH pic2a.bmp pic1a.bmp
  8. If I understand your problem and it is the same as ours, I places an exception in GPO. We have Websence server for internet filtering. Espresso Equiet Cachepilot had to bypass the filter to allow smooth display of video. HTH
  9. The very same conclusion at my school. The point of assessment s/w is a good one. My HT keeps suggestion I produce something but I don't have the time to roll it out. Anyone out there got some anything close?
  10. ditto here but we add Active Desktop with MTN school news page.
  11. Does your LEA recommend/insist on using one of their VLE?
  12. not sure why you want to install on the network as it is only reception teacher that will enter the data after assessment on the child. I suppose the only reason could be remote access for data input. However, having spoken to our (Kent) Early Years adviser, they would only recommend SIMS data is exported on a memory stick to the laptop with application then when after the data is completed the reverse is done back to SIMS and Assessment Manager does it's thing. It does seem bizar. So the answer is, no msi.
  13. Yes, I have installed the s/w onto a teacher's laptop and used it 2 year running. It is straight forward. The tricky bit is extracting the ctf data from SIMS. If you do run a report in SIMS to produce a ctf file make sure the ethnic group is filled in. I say this because at this stage of the term, this section awaiting completion and you may find the output only has half the class. If you need a more detail answer please let me know and I will provide a step by step guide. Have a go, you will probably find it easier than you think
  14. Sounds a good approach. I will give it a try. No problem with moving icons as long as it starts the same layout. Thanks for the suggestion ff
  15. I work in a special school with children with many problems so having a fixed desktop and icons grouped up so they can be found easier is a bonus. I tried setting the desktop layout then exporting the registry setting for Explorer with DWORD NoSaveSettings >> to 1 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer. Then runing a script at logon. Would this be a good way to go? ff
  16. Sorry if this has been asked before:confused: W2k3 server; XP workstations. I want to layout a desktop, lock the icons and distribute to work stations. At the moment I have folder redirection for desktop for staff and pupils. Is there a GPO setting for this or should I use a vbs script or registry setting on logon? Any advice appreciated. regards ff
  17. yep! this script worked very well. Thank you craigg. I found it more selective than delprof. Thanks once again ff:)
  18. Please ignore this post. Found all the necessary answer in a search on edugeeks. I did not look deep enough. ff
  19. Anyone got a script or a quick way of deleting all the local profiles that build up on a workstation remotely or logged on as admin? VB or batch file would be great. Maybe adding it to "Admin Bar" project section! I did find something but it did not work TIA
  20. Look like you have 2 logos in the same box! one shows then the other. HTH
  21. Have you tried resetting to default to see if this helps In admin Components>DOCMan>Configuration>General click Reset Default Components>DOCMan>Configuration>Security click Reset Default HTH
  22. Oh yes! now I remember . What will we do with you!!!
  23. I am using the eg_1.5default. I am convinced it is template related but cannot find where. Incidentally, how do you move the sub menus to the left hand side? I have seen it somewhere but just cannot find where the setting is! ff
  24. Been there, tried them all. Changing width does not work!
×
×
  • Create New...