Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

firefighting

Members
  • Posts

    94
  • Joined

Everything posted by firefighting

  1. Great pity . Just though it was me that was missing the point! Good advice I will follow. Thanks
  2. JCE 1.5.0 EGJP 1.5.3 Sorry if this has been answered before but I cannot find an answer anywhere. Hope you can help. I have been sent a solution but it does not work. I have tried this soultion but I cannot get it to work. The aproblem with JCE seem to be the tool bar appears below the menu layer and therefore difficult to use. See attached snap shot. Can anyone offer advice? many thanks
  3. Great idea. Thank you
  4. Just a quick question? The JCE editor tool bar st reaches across the page over the 3rd right hand column but below the layer of the column. This means some of the icons on the tool bar cannot be used and the user sometime inadvertently select an item from the menu instead of editing. Is there any way of changing the width of the tool bar or the layer ("bring to front") setting? Many thanks.
  5. What about the "School Newsletter" and "Term Dates" links? where does the office secretary upload the finish pdf newsletter from/to? The "Submit File" works fine for me for the "Governors Minutes", "Policy documents" and "Newsletter". But I cannot see how to place a pdf in the /public_html/documents folder. Do I create a new category and change the hyperlink? Am I missing something somewhere? How do you do it?
  6. Something else I found very useful you may wish to consider adding is ZapGrab - Zap Grab screen grabber - Zabgrab - Free screenshot capture | screen capture, screenshot capture, screen shot, print screen, download zapgrab, capture screen, screen image, quick screen capture, print capture, screen shot, quick capture, su
  7. If you are using JCE 1.5 with JEvents and Edugeek Joomla 1.5 template and you find a front end problem then here is a solution I found here Jevents.net • View topic - Frontend adding of items uses JCE/editor, why? in template index.php replace: " " with "" and in template.ccs replace: "#content{...." with "#contentx{...." and all will be well. I am using the default template eg_default 1.5 I have just one small issue to solve. The editor won't span across 3 columns very well. How can I turn off a column or turn off column when add an event is selected? or add a page to hold the event calendar?
  8. I just seem to be having a problem with the JCE editor and JEvents. Here is my installed setup: EduGeeks 1.5; plg_jce_150_beta4.zip (Should I be using com_jce_150_rc3.zip)? mod_events_cal_1.4.3rc.zip I have tried all the editors (incl JoomlaFCK 2.5.1.2 and it the same each time I select "Add an Event", I get the edit layout instead of insert event. If anyone is using successfully JEvents, what is your setup and did you have to "tweak" anything? Which editor do you use? thx ff
  9. Synack...you are a genius. A BIG, BIG THANK YOU. It worked
  10. Thank you for replying. The icons run applications on a drive on the server. For example Reoprt Assist 2008 sits on the server. When a user logs in on the network they work fine. However the same icon on RDP won't run. If I nav via the run command to the exe file then it will run. I have set permissions for everyone and still it won't work. I recreate the icon shortcut and still it won't run. I have just "run" out of ideas!!!
  11. Just to add to this thread to narrow down to a solution. When I connect on Remote Desktop, any short cuts that run *.exe file do not work except if they are in the start menu list or All Programs menu. Anyone got suggestion as to what maybe causing this behaviour? thx
  12. Where can I find a link for 153? Thanks
  13. I somehow suspect the answer is setting permission but I just cannot find where! The setup: W2K3 Server, 1 domain, many XP clients I have clients successfully logging on to a domain with redirected desktop and folders. DT short cuts run applications both locally and on the server with no problems. Mapped Drives setup correctly. All works as I expect However, using Remote Desktop: After successful login, using the same user name and password the correct desktop appears as I expect. Drives are mapped. This time the DT short cuts won't run applications. If I then run the application via the "Run" command and navigate to the *.exe file the application runs! If I setup a new short cut on the desktop the app won't run. If the app is in the "All Programs" list, then it will run. Basically, DT short cuts in RDP do not work....and yes! login as administrator using RDP and they do work. I just receive "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file...." Please help. If I can only understand the problem, I find the solution!
  14. Please let us know which option you chose and the result. Useful if I found myself in similiar position
  15. Try this Data recovery tool for Windows XP, Windows 2000/2003 and Windows NT it only cost $49. I have used it to recover 95% of a HD when the Headteacher decided to completely reformat his laptop in error. It ran overnight and replaced allot of data, old school photos, etc. The demo is free and it will recover small word files. The paid version will recover the whole drive provided it is still spinning. It worth a try at about £30 !!!! Good luck
  16. Yep! seem the same to me. I just wanted to get pdf output as well as printer. Anyway not too important. Thank you for taking the trouble to reply
  17. Click "User Guide" tab on the menu and on the page "Installation" refering the 13th line it says the following: "Click the content tab and make sure the options are selected as below. click thumbnail to enlarge" When I login as administrator, and click "Content" I cannot see any "options". Anyone can tell me if I am in the right place to check the options setting. Also is there a tutorial on how to set up Lightbox. Many thanks
  18. Problem solved. Had to go and CHMODE all files in mod_jsn_imageshow_pro folder to 777 individually
  19. First time poster here. Finally installed EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package and eventually got it running after the "Error: XML no response...." thing (which maybe still a problem) on a test site. The Flash on the front page does not work. It just hangs with "Loading slide show" and progress bar. I think I have correctly CHMODE all the necessary folders and I still have this error on the front page. Warning: fopen(/home/stantech/public_html/site/modules/mod_jsn_imageshow_pro/jsn_imageshow_pro/xmldata73.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/stantech/public_html/site/modules/mod_jsn_imageshow_pro/mod_jsn_imageshow_pro.php on line 143 Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/stantech/public_html/site/modules/mod_jsn_imageshow_pro/mod_jsn_imageshow_pro.php on line 144 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/stantech/public_html/site/modules/mod_jsn_imageshow_pro/mod_jsn_imageshow_pro.php on line 145 any help most appriciated ff
×
×
  • Create New...