Techie-v2
Members-
Posts
149 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Techie-v2
-
Blue Screen Day - Office 2016 and Printing related
Techie-v2 replied to _techie_'s topic in Windows 10
Does anyone know if there is going to be an updated updated in SCCM as I'm still showing 5000802 and 5000808 as not expired or superseded? Or to I have up import the patch manually? Thanks -
MS Teams + New Powerpoint Presenter View - WTF Microsoft...
Techie-v2 replied to Tefters's topic in Cloud Services
Version 1.3.00.34662 -
MS Teams + New Powerpoint Presenter View - WTF Microsoft...
Techie-v2 replied to Tefters's topic in Cloud Services
Our staff have started recieving it towards the end of last week and we immediately got requests to turn it off! Erm... sorry..... this is how Microsoft want you to use it. Can't believe they didn't put an option in to turn it on or off, yet! -
Didn't know this was possible, sounds like is might solve some issues. What would happen if a teacher/class had a timetable change?
-
Have seen this too throughout the week. Thought it was Salamander overwriting the calendar entry and changing it back to an "Appointment" rather than a "Teams Meeting".
-
Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004
Techie-v2 replied to Passat1983ICTech's topic in Office Software
I have 2004 in my sccm and have test deployed to one machine, seemed to go OK and no issues noted as of yet. -
I have deployed the update to one test group so far but we use open shell so havent seen any issues yet.....
-
Hi All, I'm after a camera to act as a baby monitor. I currently have a wireless netvue one but the reliability is pretty poor. I'd ideally like it to be wired as I have ethernet going to a POE switch in place but the biggest stipulation is that it has to work with the Amazon echos so we can view the camera on different devices. Ideally I'd like to buy into an specific ecosystem so when I put more cameras up covering the garden they are all of the same brand. I just cant seem to find a wired camera that works with the echos they all seem to be wireless. I have thought about a nest one but dont really want to go into their subscription model. Thanks
-
The extension was built after we had Sky installed, I haven't read the t&c's of that guarantee but I'm sure they'll have a loophole for that kind of thing
-
Thanks for the replies, If I was to get a single unify ap, could I just set it up to use the same SSID and passphrase and everything would work swimmingly? Obviously with channel separation etc. I've looked at the sky range extenders but have read bad things about them, like they only extend the strength of signal they receive, so if the are receiving crap signal, there only going to extend crap signal
-
Morning all, I've recently had a two story extension built and need to improve the wireless signal in there. My current setup is a Sky Q router in the living room of the original build and a Sky Q mini in the master bedroom upstairs so signal in the main part of the house is fine but as soon as you walk into the extension the signal drops to barely useable. I have a couple of Amazon echos and a wireless camera in the extension that only work some of them time, the echos say they are not connected to the internet and the camera is always buffering. Move them into the main part of the house and they work fine. As part of the build I put network sockets, both high and low level into each room in the extension which all go back to a POE switch which is connected to the Sky Q router. Can anyone reccomend an access point or range extender I can plug in in the extension that would work with my current wireless so I dont have to have another SSID. Thanks
-
Here is a good guide, obviously replace names etc to match your environment https://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/16614-how-can-i-install-system-center-configuration-manager-current-branch-version-1902-on-windows-server-2019-with-sql-server-2017-part-1/
-
As @william_tropico says, the event viewer system log will tell you what or who initiated the shutdown
-
Did you make sure it updated the distribution point after you injected?
-
You mention you have different images for each different model of PC. Is this a new model of PC and WinPE does not have a network card driver for it?
-
We have also seen this with a batch of ZooStorm PC's. I used to fascinate one of out science technicians by showing him that swapping the power lead between the PC and monitor fixed it. Obviously the time spent unplugged whilst swapping the cables was enough to discharge the PSU I knew that but it fooled him!
-
It's ok, I've sorted it. Changed the log level down to 1 and it's super speedy now!
-
Ah right, makes sense! One more thing, not that I'm moaning about a free product, but I seem to be seeing a lot of speed issues, so much so I've had to increase the max execution time in php. I have 11 rooms, about 130 staff and so far I've made about 200 bookings. It's taking anywhere up to 40 seconds to open a calendar page or save a booking. Have you noticed this behaviour before or is it likely to be my server setup? Thanks
-
Yeah that seems to work that way. It let me put one in for a period I couldn't the other way. Any idea why? Thanks
-
Version 2.0.4 Thanks
-
Spoke too soon, again! I'm going through putting our timetable in and am getting an error when booking rooms. I've done 2 of our rooms for both weeks of the timetable, but when coming to do the third room, sometimes I'm getting a "There is already a booking for that date, period and room" message. I have checked the database and there is no such booking, and the "book" hyperlink comes up on the booking sheet still, but after entering the details I get that message. It's not every time, but for most of the ones I try and do. I can enter the details for the recurring booking directly in the database and the booking then shows up in the system. The booking I'm trying to make is a recurring one, if I try and make a single one, using the same week, day, room, period and teacher it lets me do it, as soon as I try and make it a recurring one it errors as above but there are no bookings for the room/period/week combination? All the rooms have different ID's in the database obviously. Gratefull for any help you can offer with this? Thanks
-
Does the job though! Thanks
-
Yeah database details are good. I can log in to workbench and query browser. They were wrong to start with and the first config page crbs landed on said check database details so I fixed that and it continued the setup pages past the admin login to the checks screen. Changed the config file to use the root user and password and it seems to be working. I'll have to do some fiddling so see why the other user wasnt working before it goes into production. Thanks for all your help. I didn't realise the toner inventory system was made by you as well! Thanks again.
-
Cancel that, apparently that one is included with the current version of php, the mysql one is there and in commented and if I run phpinfo its shows mysql under the pdo extension
-
I have checked that extension=php_pdo.dll is in the php ini and it's there.
