Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

yhttech

Members
  • Posts

    95
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by yhttech

  1. What was your resolution? Did you have to manually add each new PC to your DNS?
  2. That's also disabled. Pinging both methods. Everyone's on the same subnet.
  3. I'm working with a new AV solution, Panda. Their distribution tool uses the admin share to install remotely. I have the windows firewall service disabled on my target machine. I have internet access from this machine, and can ping my distribution source from it. The reverse ping doesn't work. Any ideas as to what could be hanging this communication up?
  4. Lol! It's probably easier/more reliable to take those 2 drives and create a separate volume on those.
  5. It's been a while since I've done this - I just ordered 4 more compatible drives for my servers (2 each). Currently, each one has 4 drives, so after the new ones arrive, they're going to have 6 drives each. I know you can just remove the dummy covers and add the new drives. Is there anything else I need to do before adding the new drives to the existing array using HP's Smart Storage Administrator tool?
  6. I have a teacher testing an image of Windows 10 with Office 2016 on it for summer roll-out. I know every iteration of Windows and Office MS tweaks things to make them more secure or annoying. A colleague sent her an email with a Word 2013 document on it and after downloading and attempting to open it generates an error message stating lack of permissions or disk space. I found a work-around to go into the document's properties to unblock the file which fixed it. Is there a GPO setting or setting I can tweak in the image before capturing it again that will make this having to go into the file's properties to unblock it?
  7. +1 for GoGuardian. It's installed as a user based app, so when a student logs in with GAFE account, GoGuardian is pushed at that time.
  8. I don't get prompted for credentials if I use the net use command to connect to the deployment share. It connects to the share while in Windows, but after reboot and when it starts to create the WIM is when it crashes out. I did upgrade to build 8443 yesterday when I saw that could potentially cause a problem. I even created the TS on my old share and tried it there - I got the same error at the same point. Is there another way of capturing the WIM or does someone know how I can contact someone at MS and get some support?
  9. Got the PC to complete sysprep portion, however upon reboot and attempt to capture, I get the below error. I tried to re-do the permissions on the share, to no avail. Any other ideas?
  10. Tried adding the above to the CS.ini file and still did the same thing. The piece of script that your link says to modify doesn't exist.
  11. Nope, it's a clean TS unmodified TS.
  12. I have a clean, newly created MDT deployment share that I just created to capture my W10 reference image that I've built. It's a physical PC, but not a member of my domain. I browse to the share, and run litetouch.vbs to initiate the task. It starts running, I give it a file name and credentials, it runs, reboots and brings me back to the login screen for Windows. It seems to somewhat be stuck in between states. No errors or warnings came up at all, however I see remnants of the TS on the C drive. Never seen anything like this - can anyone help?
  13. What a PITA....
  14. I am starting to build an image with Windows 10 Education as the OS and our apps for summer deployment. There are a few apps that require some minor tweaks to settings files after install. I open these files in Notepad to edit (mainly to change server IP addresses), and when I go to save the file, I get an access denied error message. I am logged in as the built in administrator account which is a member of the administrators group on the PC, and have even tried to take ownership of the folder where this file is located. There seems to be a setting that is forcing all files and folders inside C:\Program Files to be read only. If I go to change it, it goes through the motions, but no setting sticks. Any ideas?
  15. I have an iBook I got from Apple about deployment of iPads in schools, and I'd like to print it, however I don't have access to a Mac to open it in Author to export it as a PDF to print. The iPhone app doesn't seem to support printing. Anyone have any ideas?
  16. I had a WSUS server on one of my servers and it was working normally for about 2 years. All of a sudden when I try to manage it, it tells me that it couldn't connect to the server to reset the node. I reset the node, restarted IIS and WSUS services, still no luck. So I tried to remove it from my management console and re-add the connection. When I try to re-add the connection, it tells me that SQL is not running on the server, I never removed it. There are no other admins. Is it as simple as just re-installing SQL server express?
  17. You have to remove that sequence from the answer file using WSIM like Mick's blog suggests, then re-add it from the catalog to the answer file. I'm still having issues with it taking the proper name from what I enter in the TS. It's still coming up with a generic name, and what's listed in AD is totally different than what the PC shows.
  18. Yes, that allowed the TS to complete. Now to figure out how to re-add that deleted step to the XML file.
  19. Bingo.
  20. It's a fresh box, never on our domain. Good thought about drivers, although disabling the step in the TS didn't help.
  21. It's a physical machine. Nothing out of the ordinary about drivers. Card reader, chip-set and stuff like that. Could a driver incompatibility be causing it? I'm going to try installing the OS straight off a DVD, see if that works.
  22. I tried that - still failing at the same spot. Here's the interesting twist - Windows System Image Manager doesn't show any warnings or errors in my unattend.xml file.
  23. I will try it, but it's not a captured WIM that's failing, it's an OS only deployment for testing purposes before I add apps to deployment and capturing of the image.
  24. x86 workstation from server 2k12 x64. Same configuration works like a charm for W7.
  25. Yes. I just re-tested it with a Windows 7 task sequence and it worked normally. I then deleted the W10 TS and re-created it, same error at same spot.
×
×
  • Create New...