-
Posts
2,502 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by jamesb
-
Do something interesting and get a non-Google, non-Apple phone. There're plenty out there. Otherwise you're just playing into the hands of the Great Lizard Conspiracy!
-
I recently put SCUMMVM on mine - just trying to hunt down my old Monkey Island disks now.
-
I'm sure that I'm not the only person with a Symbian phone, and I want to know what apps others consider essential on theirs. I've only recently replaced my phone so haven't had time to build the collection yet, but so far: SportsTracker (absolutely brilliant for cycling and running, particularly if you want to show off to friends how much exercise you've done) FastFoot Challenge (odd little GPS-linked multiplayer game - I haven't had much of a chance to try it yet as there aren't many users in the UK, but I've found someone else who plays it and arranged to try in a few weeks) Ovi Maps Small selection of ebooks Nimbuzz ForecaWeather MapsRacing (weird little racing game that ties in with Ovi Maps, somewhat addictive) Opera Mobile Opera Mini (when I don't care about accessing full sites) Tesco Clubcard (I never, ever remember to take my actual clubcard shopping)
-
The Nokia 5230 is about £170 when bought SIM free and unlocked...
-
I think the quantities they work in must make it easier - they do mention that they buy the food each morning at market, so they'll go for the cheapest prices they can get each time and then divide stuff up into the small punnets. Plus there must be some sort of deal with Royal Mail. Even so, not bad value at all. Just put the smoked nuts in your 'bin' list and you won't get them again. I'm going to start ordering them again, now that I'm cycling to work.
-
Evangelism is the main reason I get annoyed. I have the same reaction to Jehovah's Witnesses. Plus there's nothing actually new. That blog entry for example - this would cover my day more accurately. So what exactly makes the iPad so much better that I have to accept praise of it without questioning?If people stop trying to convince me that it's so much better than everything else out there, I won't argue with their point of view.
-
I can count on your support then? I agree completely with keeping the World Cup on the telly (not having one myself), but would pass a law requiring all towns to have at least one pub which does not have a television, and has a selection of real ales and whiskey. State-sponsored if necessary.
-
See, now this is the problem with that cursed democracy thing. The happy majority get to ignore the grouchy minority, completely unfair I tell you! Edit: Note that this comment was written by one of the grouchy minority.
-
It's either a rant to get the frustration out now and then, or a potential killing spree after months of bottling it up.
-
Not sure how they're made, but I did discover to my delight that Tescos sell huge bags for £1.99. I also discovered that not only am I capable of eating two large bags of chilli rice crackers in half an hour, the spice only hits you after you've stopped eating them.
-
No, but the juice of two fresh limes in your caiphirini does.
-
The trick I found was just to munch continuously throughout the day, rather than trying to gobble it all down in one. In fact while I was getting the boxes regularly I was also steadily losing weight, and generally in a better mood. Now that I'm not getting them so much I tend to get grouchy towards the end of the day (probably through missing lunch), and have put on a fair bit of weight.
-
Both if I remember correctly. You get a recycled slip with details of your food, and mostly nutritional values are on the punnets as well.
-
I would absolutely love to do this. Sadly ignoring it would mean avoiding the pubs, town centres, shops, radio, television, internet, and soundproofing my house against the neighbours football parties. I don't mind others enjoying it - I downright encourage it, but are carhorns, foghorns, and screaming at the tops of their voices outside my house really necessary? If it's any help I'm grouchy about Christmas too. None whatsoever, and I've never understood this. Equally though I've not yet been made aware of a case where this has really happened. That could be because I've mostly cut myself off in order to ignore the world cup though.
-
Don't most football clubs operate at a loss?
-
I may be dragged to watch a few matches by family. My solution is to take along my DS with BloodBowl. No swords, but orcs, pogo sticks, steamrollers, trolls and so forth. Plenty of distraction.
-
It's random. Each time you get a box you can then say which bits you liked, loved, would like to try and didn't like. This then affects the odds of you getting them (didn't like means you won't get the thing again). For a few months I was getting these for lunch whenever I could. I still order a couple of them if I'm going on any long trips. Never had any problems with the company, even during the postal strikes, and the food is lovely. Look out for the korean rice crackers.
-
Asus EeeTop PC ET2203T 21in touchscreen all-in-one - any use?
-
Reading the signs next to the exhbits is too hard for the little kiddliwinks? I'm sure there are genuine uses, I can even see some of them (particularly for older students), but others which I've heard do seem to be a bit technology for technology's sake rather than genuine uses. Besides, for the price of paying for an iPad for each student for a Natural History museum visit you could simply hire a large selection of very good guides for the day.
-
What does route print show the route as?
-
This might be worth a look - Beekeeping - First Steps to be a Beekeeper - How to Get Started in Beekeeping - thedailygreen.com
-
To be fair it is part of the reason I bought my last laptop - not a Mac.
-
Glad to hear it's working. I'm gonna have to go back and revise on PowerShell object handling methinks.
-
As I said, official best practice as far as I was taught - not what actually happens in a real situation. You should also be clearing out the LDAP chaff manually anyway, but as you say it's still worth using a different name.
-
Ah, gotcha. You've got a heading. Try changing the foreach ($user in $file) to foreach ($username in $file.user). You'll also need to edit the $user attribute where it appears later. I think that should take care of it, and you're right on the $mail = $user + $domain being $mailaddress. Sorry, I threw it together rather quickly.
