Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

sigma

Members
  • Posts

    1,681
  • Joined

Everything posted by sigma

  1. In the 87 storm, we had generators at the data centre, which we tested periodically, but those of us who lived out in the villages were mostly unable to travel in for a few days because of all the trees and cables that were down. The last time we had a power cut of any significance at home, UK Power Networks brought a generator which we had for a week.
  2. This is not at all OK for children. https://www.wsj.com/tech/ai/meta-ai-chatbots-sex-a25311bf
  3. Groceries
  4. PDF's are generally attached, not embedded, so wouldn't open "by default".
  5. That's a no from me. That's not just all the images, but the all tracking pixels that send back whether you opened it or not, even on emails with no apparent images. What about executables sent in images? I would hope they wouldn't get through the various defences , but still... https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/81677/how-is-it-possible-to-embed-executable-code-in-an-image
  6. asafoetida
  7. More new certificates issued late evening. https://crt.sh/?q=schoolsbroadband.net and now seemingly successfully installed. Service back to normal this morning. (Lets's Encrypt free certificates have a maximum validity of 90 days).
  8. Looks like Let's Encrypt have issued new certificates: https://crt.sh/?q=schoolsbroadband.net
  9. From an SSL certificate that expired this morning, there's now one that expired in "Jan 2024". Wondering, well, not sure what I'm wondering....
  10. Saw mention of this yesterday. It will be a disaster if it happens.
  11. Looks like the SSL certificate expired.
  12. A support call confirned this, though this won't have been logged as the op never bothered to take my name or school.
  13. Is down. Posting because (as usual), there's nothing on the Status Portal to indicate any issues at this time.
  14. I'm hoping that the filtering providers are going to be on top of this, but think we need to be alert potential problems for our schools. https://www.wired.com/story/sex-fantasy-chatbots-are-leaking-explicit-messages-every-minute/
  15. Sick (bag)
  16. When I first started at my current school and teaching staff ‘managed’ the RMCC3 network, device specification was allocated by seniority, not need, with even new devices purchased for pupils being grossly under spec’d. I was allowed to little more than mouse ball cleaning back then even though I was the only one with any professional IT experience.
  17. That would be possible for any ISP offering Netsweeper. As we are a single school, I can't confirm that they do though.
×
×
  • Create New...