Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

powdarrmonkey

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    5,017
  • Joined

Everything posted by powdarrmonkey

  1. Recent versions of the TS client (v6 onwards perhaps) present their own logon dialog which sidesteps this problem rather neatly. But presumably in a thin client it's difficult to upgrade, I've never used them.
  2. I don't remember having to install it on Windows 7, so I think you're probably right. In any case, do you mind if I link to your framework pack?
  3. Yeh, I'd been delaying it as much as possible but I think it's reasonable by now to assume that most sites will have it deployed.
  4. You'll be glad to hear that Shutdownertron 1.5 is due soon! This release will include Windows Vista and Windows 7 compatibility, so that users see the Shutdownertron warning window without being asked to switch to a secure desktop first. However, this means that a lot of the architecture has changed and Shutdownertron now uses the .Net Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1. You might like to take this opportunity to ensure that the framework is installed on your clients before deploying Shutdownertron 1.5. The planned feature list also includes: System tray balloon informing the user of what time shutdown will take place Second Chance Shutdown Forced shutdowns, in case applications leave modal prompts open User interrogation from the system tray ('how long do I have left?') Login session detection and immediate shutdown if appropriate Of course, all functionality will be configured by Group Policy objects, so you have the usual flexibility. Don't want Year 7 to see the system tray icon? No problem I'm currently aiming to release before the end of September, 2009 (but if the testing schedule goes to plan, the end of August).
  5. It's going to work, I have just run successful trials Now putting it into production code, that's going to be the trick...
  6. It was in this thread.
  7. Active Directory itself has no concept of user sessions, only single authentications.
  8. Same answer as I give to anyone else: Whether you record it or not, this is a public performance and playing back copyright works requires a PRS license. You almost certainly have one, but you need to consult with the licensed person in the church as to exactly what the details on it are. We can't help you, and none of us are lawyers (well, to my knowledge).
  9. Welcome to a dead thread. [insert tumbleweed here]
  10. Genius: COMPUTER PRODUCTS LIMITED - Payment Terms "Please smile and I will give you a pound"
  11. Well the page.tl domain claims to be free webhosting, but must be responsible for their subdomains. Contact: http://www.own-free-website.com/impressum.php#support page.tl Registrant details: Benjamin Lochmann Benjamin Lochmann New Media GmbH Senefelderstrasse 10 Nuernberg, Bayern 90409 DE
  12. When you end up with one remaining device and you're tearing your hair out finding a driver for it - there isn't one, find the HP Null Device driver and stick that on
  13. That wasn't the question.
  14. Actually I've used it for both.
  15. Windows has a Wireless Setup Wizard thing that you can put on a pen drive, or if you're distributing it you could copy the stuff it creates onto a CD. It autoplays; I used it for automated laptop builds before we had a Radius system.
  16. Where did you get adprep from?
  17. No, cut off by your phone provider. To put it another way, have you paid the bill?
  18. No, it happens because you are already logged in with a domain account, then you ask windows to connect a second time to the directory, which it can't do. Logging in with a local account only requires one connection, and everybody's happy again. If the target account already exists in the directory, it just gets reset, that's all.
  19. Log in as a local administrator and do it then. Edit: oops, that's four
  20. Configure WDS into Mixed Mode, and it gives you an emulated RIS setup.
  21. If your VLE is requiring you to have usernames in a specific format, your VLE is broken.
  22. http://neilreddin.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/private_fraser.jpg "Doomed, doomed!"
×
×
  • Create New...