Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Sibrows

Members
  • Posts

    319
  • Joined

Everything posted by Sibrows

  1. We have rolled out the first batch of iPads to staff and we are now starting to find the issues. We are using Meraki to successfully push both free and VPP apps. Now here is the issue we are trying to move a VPP redemption code from one iPad to another. According to the Apple documentation we need to use the Apple Configurator (Apple Configurator: Using Volume Purchase Program (VPP) Redemption Codes). As a number of other people have already established on here and elsewhere Apple Configurator is aimed at a class set of iOS devices. We are working towards a 1:1 device scheme in September at which stage Apple Configurator with it's device limit and USB only connectivity isn't a practical solution but unless I'm missing something there isn't another solution. While I realise I have answered my own question in the third paragraph I can't help feeling that I'm missing something because this, to my way of thinking is a major short coming, but the references that I can find to it online people just seam to be accepting it. https://discussions.apple.com/message/21663936#21663936 Any assistance from anyone who has overcome (or not) this issue would be appreciated.
  2. Upside down or inside out?
  3. If only I could get away with it! - I suspect that after the third eyeball removing incident people might start to ask questions. This sounds good. Thanks.
  4. Thats one way of teaching them to touch type!
  5. The keyboards in question are all desktops.
  6. Just wondering if anyone had any experience or thoughts on keyboards where the keys can't easily be popped off and re-arranged. I seam to be sending too much of my time trying to return the keys to their rightful place and after the best part of a year of complaining to the teachers I'm now investigating an alternative solution.
  7. Using the Server 2003 version it appears to get stuck going around in loop2. Am I missing something?
  8. One of the things that we, as a school are currently considering is a 1:1 tablet scheme. While I am looking to avoid a which tablet is better thread I'm looking to call on the collective wisdom for managing Android devices without having to fork out £££££££'s. There appear to be a couple of free options that are fairly limited in what they can achieve. Meraki and 3CX are the two I have found thus far and while they are able to enforce pass codes and push apps to a device we are not able to control access to Google Play or which apps are being installed. I am aware that there are some parental control apps that can be installed but I would like the situation where I have to touch the device once and then manage any changes centrally. How do others deal with this situation?
  9. It's great when technology just works! At somepoint I have to get my head around Deploy Studio but at the moment as it ain't broke I'm avoiding fixing it. Enough else to do!
  10. We have both in place and working along side each other. Unfortunately I inherited the system so I'm not aware of any configuration considerations but I can confirm that both coexist harmoniously. Simon
  11. At the moment I am trying to get my head around which solution would fit the school better before I get into making a case. For us a deal breaker will be that it doesn't fit into the VLE. We have asked the question but are yet to get a firm answer. Thanks for your thoughts. Can I ask how much of a learning curve the teachers had to go through to get up-to-speed with Google Apps and if that has been a barrier at all. I am not for one moment suggesting that there wouldn't be a learning curve with Office 365 but, if truth be told, it is closer to my comfort zone with Exchange. With the above point about it not fitting into our existing VLE we weren't currently looking to use the Sharepoint or Office WebApps.
  12. Thanks, there are a couple of references to Frog supporting Office365 on their website and other blog posts but no idea as to time scales. Thanks I will have a play on Monday. Although I haven't tried it yet I am hoping to use the SSO with Active Directory.
  13. I wish it were that simple. Frog
  14. We are currently investigating Office 365 and weighing it up against Google Apps. The current discussion point is how to embed it inside our existing VLE. From our initial tests using an iFrame to achieve this is a little hit-and miss as long as you use the 'Outlook.com/OWA' URL without the subdomain, thus allowing Outlook.com to work out where it wants to be. I realise that Office 365 isn't designed to be contained within an iFrame but we need to encourage staff to login to the VLE in order to check their email. I realise that my last statement will be circumvented by people collecting email on their mobiles but this is the motivation behind the question.
×
×
  • Create New...