Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Fazza

Members
  • Posts

    2,351
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Fazza

  1. I suppose it all depends on if you are expecting accidental damage or damage on purpose. I've seen laptops where the speakers have been gouged out with a pen, damage yes, accidental? Unlikely. You'll have to read the terms and conditions very closely and I would recommend you ask the company involved what is and isn't included in the policy.
  2. After waiting weeks and weeks and weeks for my invitation to purchase a Raspberry Pi I foolishly assumed that when I got an invite they actually had some to sell me! Seven weeks delivery time. Seven weeks! Needless to say I've cancelled my order as it's basically a complete and utter shambles.
  3. Ah! That will explain it then. I'll give WDT a go. Thanks.
  4. Automate it then. On a domain you can have logoff scripts as well as logon scripts. Create a script that runs when they logoff their laptop to disable the proxy settings and have a logon script that enables it when they're back on the domain.
  5. Hi! As you may have seen from my previous thread, I'm just starting to use WDS on my Server 2008 Standard Box. I've managed to install Windows 7 from it on a test machine and have now done the same with a Windows XP image. What I'd like to do next it add some driver packages but the Drivers option (as shown from the attached image) is not there. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong now please?! Thanks.
  6. Thanks for that! I knew I must have been doing something obviously wrong/stupid! The XP Image I created is now going on to a test laptop I have. Thanks!
  7. Hi! I've been using Ghost for creating and deploying images for some time now but I have decided to upgrade my skills and learn something new so I'm giving WDS a try. I've managed to upload a SysPreped Windows XP image on to my WDS server but I'm not sure what I need to do now to deploy it on to 6 old laptops that need a software rebuild. When I boot to PXE the only options I get are to install Windows 7 or the Capture Image option. How do I get my Windows XP image on to that list or do I need to do it another way? Thanks.
×
×
  • Create New...