Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pickman

Members
  • Posts

    162
  • Joined

Everything posted by pickman

  1. Mystery item. What's your suggested uses Think I know what it's for.
  2. https://www.arthurlinfoot.org.uk This is along a similar vein. Very interesting. Thanks for the heads up
  3. Looks like E2BN filtering is causing an issue with web connection today. Have no internet but do have email
  4. 28 degrees in the office and 3 projectors have given up the ghost:rip:
  5. I didn't install it myself but I had a company called Fabtronic Install a secure projector and amp system in our gym. Same problems as you lettings using in the evening and weekend. Our system was not cheap but we also need something to cope with the lighting levels in the gym which is very bright, Possible vandalism and flying balls. For our full system including installation (very high ceiling and distance) little change from 8K the projector was nearly 3K and the cage for it was 1.5K
  6. Sounds silly but we use whistles and air horns. all members of staff have one and its five blasts which if you hear we have to repeat. The issue is if you have an intruder who sets off the alarm. Might be an issue for you as you have separate blocks
  7. Cant help with the timetabling. but we have had split lunch for a couple of years. Behaviour wise it is much better as we keep upper school and lower school separate. It also means the canteen does not get so packed and we can get lunches through quicker. I do know we have some classes where they have lunch in the middle of their lesson so they leave all their stuff in the classroom and go and finish the lesson after lunch (we run 1 hour Lessons)
  8. This is Bluebell "Boo" to her friends. Saluki X lurcher. Main activities include sleeping, sleeping, looking to chase cats and more sleeping.
  9. +1 for PS financials. Think its to big/costly for primary have used sage in the past which is also good
  10. Agree with all the above. As its been said approachablity and communication are the key I've found. Sometimes instead of replying to an email go and see the user. They tend to like the personal touch especially if it a tricky situation. No misunderstood emails. Started as an apprentice back in 95 and became a network manager in 2000 haven't looked back. But i'm the first to admit i'm not great technically but I can find out the solution.
  11. Found out what is causing this now. There is a glitche with impero that was causing the issue and they have a patch coming out.
  12. Getting the following message occasional on IE and google. ReadResponse() failed: The server did not return a response for this request. Any ideas? If I close and reopen the browser it often goes away.
  13. yep me too. Having issues with google this morning as well so thought it was just me.
  14. Have couple of suites of MACs various models. All been fine until recently (all running Yosemite) now getting random black with the following message "safari can't open the page because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection" Can ping both our proxy server (E2bn Protex box) and google.co.uk Anyone encountered this. Thanks Matt
  15. Check with the Government licensing department and as we are a state school we are covered.
  16. Hi want to make sure we are legal. We have an open evening on the 6th October and our PE department wants to stream the live rugby for our visitors. Will my TV licence and my ERA+ Licence cover us for this. Thanks Matt
  17. Cunninghams here
  18. pickman

    World of Warships

    Yes only been playing since the open beta. Nice game that I can dip in and out of. Working my way to an aircraft carrier. Best ships so far are St Louis cruiser (though it is over powered) and Clemson destroyer. Best game with the Clemson was four ships sunk think luck more than judgement. Only part that frustrates me is lack of team work especially if im in a battleship no cruiser stay around to help defend against air and destroyers. Early battle ship have very little AA
  19. Just had them. Spoke to the kids about web filtering and e safety. Didn't speak to me at all (I'm the esafety officer) but do have a very good CP Team who are well up on the subject Otherwise was a very quiet two day for me [emoji3]
  20. Just thought I would mention a couple of podcast Novels/Dramas I listen to (especially over summer holiday when I'm working on my own) Anything by Scott Sigler Podcast author who release's his novels in audio form for free every week has just started his new novel Alive. (Mostly horror/ science fiction) The online home of author Scott Sigler also available on Podiobooks Scott Sigler Profile - Podiobooks I would recommend Ancestor and Nocturnal. The Galactic football league novels are quite good as well even for someone who know nothing about American football. good zombie apocalyptic audio drama We're Alive not your standard Gung ho American zombie fiction but a great drama well acted and soundeffects. All available on ITunes Also recommend Mike Bennett Author his novels are available at Mike Bennett Profile - Podiobooks. The Underwood and finch novels are excellent and free. I do support mike via patreon to get some of his other content. All these are free Any one else got any recommendations?
  21. +1 for asacol great stuff 6 tablets a day does the trick for me
  22. Had Ulcerative colitis Since I was 15 but not diagnosed until I was 21(40 Now) Had loads of test over the years and it wasn't until I told a locum doctor filling in for my normal doctor that my Mum has UC that he sent me for the tests. (there is a train of though that both disease are genetic) +1 for Crohn's and Colitis UK real help and lots of good advise. I have found everybody is different with diets and triggers for an attack. for example I can eat onions and garlic till the cows come home but eat anything with hard fibre IE Porridge or wholemeal bread and that's likely to cause an attack. But my mum cant touch onions. As people have said Crohns and UC are a hidden disease with no Visible symptoms. ITs one of these things that takes a while to control but once you are there its very manageable. Hope all goes well and congrats on the wedding.
  23. Hi Everybody, Bit of argument brewing here about allowing new teachers (we have a lot starting) access to their email and possibly there User areas via citrix before starting in there roles. Does anybody do this? I know teachers are a special breed and will start planning and sorting out for new roles over summer. Would an acceptable use policy cover this or are we talking major breeches of data protection. Any input would be helpful Regards Matt
  24. I Use lynx Data Cabling | Network Cabling | Milton Keynes Very professional and can tackle the trickiest of jobs
×
×
  • Create New...