Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

johnpd

Members
  • Posts

    142
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by johnpd

  1. Do you still need Pro to install rsat as edu missing the ability it in 1803 and before
  2. Really - how do I set this as users still have to sign in at each new pc.
  3. Just what I needed for our new domain Mac lab transfer. Clearing out the keychain was on my list to dos - so thank you!
  4. iOS 12 means we can now lock date and time ! Came out in the last 24 hrs. Phew
  5. I enabled write ntfs for students but the share$ is everyone Read only. Seems to have done the trick and students can’t modify or add shortcuts. I don’t understand how this is required but just seeing a write flag seems to keep it happy.
  6. Just started using 1803 since summer rollout and we have papercut with Konica mfp. Had one user with no printers today so I’ll be keeping a close eye on this thread !
  7. No you deploy it with software installation required settings in the sccm deployment option. The user doesn’t need to select it
  8. Solved mine - it was a shortcut issue
  9. Is this for lucid exact? I’m trying to get the same installs on the same os build also but not getting that error. However I didn’t select the sdk part. I guess I can try and see what I get too?
  10. Odd, we have had this since windows 7 as a supported county managed solution. So are you saying windows 10 doesn’t allow it in a supported fashion now? Thanks John
  11. I think I set auth users to read list and execute. I’ll post an update tomorrow when I get a chance. Thanks John
  12. Hi, over the summer we have had a site with a new server install and we decided to have a shared desktop for all pupils with common shortcuts. However when they login they get a pop up dialogue box informing them of an issue writing to the desktop. Clicking ok and everything is ok. Why are users accounts trying to write to the desktop and is this something specific to windows 10 1803? Thanks John
  13. I’ve deployed an offline app In sccm- you need three files to complete the job from the offline download page for the app. I’ve only deployed the Microsoft whiteboard app, seems to work fine!
  14. Hi I’m just in the process of building a new network and have done an offline app for whiteboard on latest windows 10. I’ve not seen it request the user update ‘yet.’
  15. Just wondering if anyone here knows why I shouldn’t refit a school with new activpanels and scrap all the 8-15 yr old projectors? I read on Epson site that 60% of students can see the tv panels from all parts of a room, therefore I think I should investigate this. I guess the Ppi on a board from projector might be higher , but other than that I haven’t thought of a reason for this statement. I’ve seen prices as high as £2200 for screen sizes around 60-70. The version of the panel I guess will make a difference too. Thanks John
  16. FYI the certificate used by ActiveTeach (activeteach-prod.resource.pearson-intl.com) has expired today and staff at my school sites are asking me what I can do about it... Well yeh - it is now in the custom authentication bypass but that does stop Chrome and the likes from complaining sternly that the user must proceed at their own peril. Thanks John
  17. I had it for the last 4-5 days at work if it helps.
  18. Your right however since I last posted one of my sites is showing huge savings even after paying for the software quarter pricing. Still just in case it’s worth noting you can do it without papercut
  19. I’m about to change a site of mine from Ricoh to Konica but they might not have the money or time to get papercut fully upgraded on site. I recall the engineer I worked with on our trust hq, who said secure print was an option but I’d like to know if there is a good guide which at least might work for my small sites (primary) ... how does the report look when doing charges and remissions for finance?
  20. Maybe unrelated but our tenant with multiple sites had issues since 16th with OneDrive displaying any file items at all. Resetting ssl cache, browser settings sometimes fixed it. Call open with Microsoft.
  21. I paid a third party £300 to move a school at late notice from their tenant to my mat tenant. I have to say they did a good job and therefore I shall recommend it as an option. Believe it or not, but it was RM! You can register as an msp with messageops I think and do it for free with a tool.... not sure I’d bother if you manage a mat as you’ve got plenty of other concerns and workload that£300 is a good deal imho
  22. I need an Epson visit to explain to me the future of these tools as well. If I get them out in April I’ll ask the question too.
  23. Is it something to do with the profile and the LOW folder I recall years back I had problems with it having read access issues with temp files for previews.
  24. Hi I’m getting fed up of drawplus /webplus etc crashing and usual bugs with exporting. It was discontinued in 2015 I think! The computing department doesn’t have the money to move to adobe. I need something that is able to do web graphics and animation, preferably not requiring flash ( ie html5) . I think they should be able to do it with open source but what do you lot think and is there a good network package available for any of your suggestions. Windows 7 and windows 1709 in use at the site in question. Thanks John
  25. Thanks I’ll give it a go - however the clear after value can’t be used as the students just move the clock time on the iOS and they are able to get around it. I’ll update in the coming weeks with my success or not when the little &£@ manage to find another way through it - or not hopefully.
×
×
  • Create New...