Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

captaincharisma

Members
  • Posts

    228
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by captaincharisma

  1. Was slightly easier for me as I was my brothers best man, I just used plenty of family stories which got good laughs. The trouble I found looking on the internet for things was that there were a lot of generic templates which I would try and stay away from, most people have been to a few weddings so they would have heard them all. Avoid swearing and dirty jokes (you can make it obvious without actually saying the punch line!) My speech went on for about 10 minutes and that seemed right to me, it depends on how much material you have. If are struggling ask more of the grooms friends for any facts or embarrassing stories. I used things that happened in the year my brother was born, that got a good reaction. Good luck!!
  2. I was in the same boat recently (wanted to go from IT tech to Assistant Network Manager) and needed to push on as I have a baby due this year. I openly discussed it with my Network Manager first, then went to our line manager and finally to the head. After numerous meetings I was offered an interview and I was lucky enough to gain a promotion. Like Fazza said just be very upfront and honest and I am sure the school will do all they can to help you out.
  3. We were only ever going to get this far with the tactics Roy was using. It was refreshing to see the team throwing their bodies in front of shots etc and we looked a lot more like a team during this tournament. Hopefully he can fine tune the tactics and we can achieve something in the future. Gerrard, A.Cole, Terry and Hart can come home with their heads high.
  4. We won't concede many with the way Roy has us set up, lets hope we take our chances.
  5. 0-0 or 1-0 to us. I am just hoping we show some passion and effort.
  6. I agree with the chatting to staff more option, even just making sure you say hello in the corridor or a nod and a smile. The department I work in are very polite but don't really leave the office much, I tend to take a walk about or go into to staff room every once in a while just to show face. It really does help a lot!
  7. I wrote mine from scratch last year. It was for my brothers wedding so I just used plenty of family stories and it went down a storm. Also if you do make a joke and no one laughs, turn it into a joke don't stand there looking awkward!
  8. I went with Amsys, I think they do courses all over. The instructors were really good (must have been if I managed to pass!) and everything is provided in the course cost.
  9. I was thinking about going over to our language block, walked downstairs and looked outside.....I think I will go over later!
  10. I used to come in after a night out and watch Sky Sports News for hours, even knowing it loops every hour.
  11. Where are the beans?!?
  12. Brilliant, Fringe also has had me hooked from the beginning (apart from having to pause it most episodes to explain to my missus what timeline their in!)
  13. We had 2 stores in the space of about 400m of eachother....
  14. Congratulations, I will also be in the same boat come the end of October!
  15. Rumours are after they have released the 'Enhanced Editions' they will release a third. I don't know if it will ever be as good.
  16. I went there when I went to NZ for the year, was very very good!
  17. Lived here all my life and never knew that was there! I have always gone to the one in Bricket Wood.
  18. You wouldn't want them taken up too much space.
  19. +1 for LoveFilm, I don't really use it now as I subscribed to Sky Movies though.
  20. Nothing will change, they have been talking about wage caps etc for ages now but will teams really agree to it?? Even if England did agree, whose saying all the other European leagues that are in a lot better shape than us take it on? You will then get players boycotting the EPL to go and earn as much money as possible. Football finances spiralled out of control a very long time ago. Massive respect to the players that DO play for their club because of their actual love for the team. 3 Rangers players today have accepted a 75% cut to help, and like someone said a few posts earlier 2 players left without redundancy packages to keep staff from the kitchen employed.
  21. Sometimes I have had to reassign it manually, but usually it goes on....just takes a bloody long time!
  22. What time is the press conference?
  23. It was nice at the end when you won promotion and the FA didn't go with the point deduction, the two guys that took over from Briatore I thought did a fantastic job. I have heard that some owners like to get involved but I was shocked when I actually watched it happen, I started to wonder how many other clubs put up with this.
  24. To be fair the two guys that ran the club the season they won the Championship were really good, stayed out of things and let Neil do his thing. Before that was terrible, it was just fascinating watching Flavio sitting there saying "I don't like this, go and tell him to change it!"
  25. Did anyone watch this on Sunday? I caught up with it last night and it is incredible what went on behind the scenes! Flavio Briatore comes across as a managers nightmare to work with, during his tenure he literally picked the team and made the subs. If you are a football fan it is worth the watch, should be on iPlayer.
×
×
  • Create New...