Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

captaincharisma

Members
  • Posts

    228
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by captaincharisma

  1. I dont watch ITV either but the missus watches Downton Abbey!
  2. I can only assume they will do anything to buy up the Premier league rights when they come up again! Sky 1 has some great original drama and comedy at the minute, will be a worry to ITV and BBC if they start putting more funds into their programming.
  3. I think BT's bid was way over what anyone expected or valued the right for the Champions league to be. Will be interesting to see Sky's next move!
  4. We have had them for about 2 years now. No complaints, great customer support, offer great solutions without being to pushy. Really like the Kyocera printers too.
  5. Ah this put a smile on my face this morning. Well done to everyone!
  6. Here is an assortment.
  7. In! I think I am going for a handlebar this year.
  8. We have 9 5350DN's at our school and have done for about 2 years. We have had a couple of toner blockages and one fuser break on us (teachers fault!). Very reliable.
  9. You can pin code it, once they enter the pin code though they can then change it.
  10. We have the same problem here, I can't find a way to block access to the iPad's settings. At the minute I lock them down so only Safari can be used, it works well but is a huge waste of an iPad. We recently trialed a Learnpad tablet, works really well and has a lot more options when it comes to locking down. Going to buy a class set now and give them a proper whirl!
  11. I had been toying with the idea for months since I saw places like it in New Zealand a few years back. So difficult to work out costs, will I make a decent enough profit? etc. Attached to a pub though should work well.
  12. You rarely find these types of places anymore. Certainly not one anywhere near where I live. I came across a place called Xtreme gaming in Colchester while I was researching the idea.
  13. We only open it to Year 7 & 8's. Our library is open with some computers available so students wanting to do work go there. Sometimes if there is space I allow other year groups in but it depends on how they behave.
  14. Morning I would do it this way (there are probably lots of different ways!). Turn the printer on after plugging in an ethernet cable, wait for DHCP to assign it an IP address and then use the MAC address to reserve that IP address to that printer. That is how I do it anyway.
  15. Nice place to work? I might put an application in.
  16. I am currently on a hired purchase deal with Renault. On my second car now, had the first one for 3 years took it back at the end and gave me a new one. £180 a month, due a new one in April might get something a bit more special than a Clio!
  17. Totally agree with sonofsanta. I have a 3 month old boy who I thought hadn't changed much, was incredible looking back to when he was born!
  18. Fibre gets installed 21st Jan....It is so exciting!
  19. Looks like I know what I want for Christmas then!
  20. Does anyone know if you can get fibre installed into a flat? or would it mean the whole block would need upgrading first?
  21. I have a boy who is 5 weeks old. Little terror.
  22. Thanks for the information, we have a Trapeze network with 3 full time staff and one part time. We struggle to keep up with maintaining our trolleys, some departments are better than others but some need babysitting! Also as we are an RM school we have to run around and apply core upgrades to these laptops every couple of terms!
  23. Morning all Just a quick question to anyone that has laptop trolleys, how many do you have at your school? We have over 200 laptops which are just for pupil use, I obviously don't need to explain how much of a headache this is for us. I just wanted to get an idea of if anyone has the same, close to us or even more. We are trying to convince our head that more laptops will cause us more issues. Thanks in advance.
  24. BASEketball - simple laughs. still gets me every time.
  25. We have a 475Wi, there can't be that much of a difference! Our one installed above a normal whiteboard and the teachers have all loved using it. It works with Promethean software (not sure about Smart) and you get a really crisp image. The only worry is the interactive pens it comes with, I am worried they will be easily lost or broken and if that does happen you lose the whole interactive side of the projector.
×
×
  • Create New...