Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ITBadger

Members
  • Posts

    262
  • Joined

Everything posted by ITBadger

  1. I think that when we had this issue there was an option to delete the cache and continue. Have any of your users tried this? I'm not aware of any Admin Panel side settings that would allow you to resolve this, other than ensuring that your devices are kept up-to-date which would prevent users updating profiles from newer versions of Chrome.
  2. Yes, don't know how much difference it will make, but it's worth a try.
  3. Having done some testing it seems that the issue only applies to restricted videos. Unrestricted vids play just fine.
  4. Thanks @fiza, Do you have a link to the YouTube Support Forum case that you have opened so that I can add some weight to it please? EDIT - Scrap that, I think I've found your post.
  5. Just been told by my team that we have the same issue here too. We also use Smoothwall. Strange how it's not affecting all accounts as mine is fine but other admins and some staff have the issue. Has anyone heard anything from Google yet?
  6. Salamander works really well with G-Suite too so creating and maintaining groups and classrooms is a breeze.
  7. Should be able to dig some out for you if you let us know how many you need. Not too far away from you either if you want to pick them up? Dave.
  8. In that case we would have LANGLAB-DT-01 to LANGLAB-DT-24 for the student computers and LANGLAB-DT-T for the teacher computer.
  9. We follow the convention of . Thus we may have A1-DT-01 or B13-LT-16 or CONF-IM-01 for Desktop number 1 in room A1, Laptop number 16 in room B13 and iMac number 1 in the Conference Room. We try to avoid naming devices after staff unless they have been issued to a specific member of staff, in which case we follow the convention , so SMT-MB-JB for the MacBook of Joe Bloggs who is in the Senior Management Team. This seems to cover all bases for us and combined with OU's in AD allows us to see easily if something is in the wrong place, and to identify each device easily. Hope that helps. Dave.
  10. I'll be there, carrying some old hard drives for destruction too if I remember to bring them as one of the supporting companies is taking a crusher!
  11. I've been speaking to them about power management and it seems to be a case of 'when' rather than 'if'. It may require some kind of local server agent which goes against the cloud model, but this could be utilised to make improvements / as a backup connection mechanism. I'm encouraged that they are listening to our requests without rushing things out before testing properly.
  12. Could the answer be as simple as User Defined Fields? Depends what you want to do with the data once you have recorded it. UDF's can be included in most reports though.
  13. There's a really easy fix, just wait for a maximum of 24 hours and it'll magically replace itself.
  14. Having been a customer of Impero's since the early days (version 1 I believe) I've been saddened to see the issues that they've faced in the last 18 months. I completely agree with @ptotham in feeling that Impero seem have gone as far as they can at the moment. I was asked to help beta test Senso and have been very impressed, not just with the software, but with the level of support and openness to suggestions that Senso provide. The software is modular, runs in the cloud, and already has many of the features of Impero. Crucially for me however, it feels as though it will continue to add features and value rather than cause us headaches which unfortunately Impero did for the last couple of years (so much so that we downgraded to an older, more stable version and refused further upgrades). My Impero contract was due for renewal in May, but I have signed up with Senso. Impero didn't seem too bothered by losing another customer and didn't reply to my e-mail informing them that I wouldn't be renewing my support agreement. I strongly believe that Senso will eclipse Impero in terms of functionality in the next 12 months, and they already have done so in terms of support. For me at least, Impero is dead, long live Senso!
  15. +1 for Salamander here. Also check out Senso if you are in that particular market.
  16. We went from Cunninghams to Biostore. Feels like leaving upgrading from Windows ME to 10. Far better system in my opinion, primarily as it means that I have very little to do to support the catering staff now, the system just works.
  17. Salamander will have access to these numbers as I'm pretty sure that they use it. I'd give their support guys a shout. Their SQL skills will be far better than mine too.
  18. Same ball park, but cheaper and in my opinion better than NCR. Infinitely better than Cunninghams, which I wouldn't go back to if it was free having seen the light!
  19. Plus one for FasTrak here. We moved from Cunninghams last summer and despite some initial teething troubles, mainly caused by them being overstretched at the beginning of the academic year, both the product and the support have been excellent. I'd echo the comment about it looking like a piece of software designed more recently that all of the others too. The tills are far slicker and we have the server side installed on one of our virtual servers rather than an ageing desktop as was the case for so long under the previous regime.
  20. If you have SQL Server Management Studio installed on your SIMS server then running the following against the sims.sims_person table in the sims table of your main sims database should give you an exhaustive list of person ID's for any staff ever employed at your school. May need a bit of further filtering however.. SELECT TOP 20000 [person_id] ,[surname] ,[forename] FROM [sims].[sims].[sims_person] where aggregate_role >1000000
  21. As @bobsmith said, it's all about creating the sessions in Nova, and adding rooms and staff as appropriate. Once this has been sent to SIMS you can add students through Focus -> School -> Academic Structure -> Curriculum Assignment by Student -> Add Activity. It's becoming more and more useful here as Y11 intervention sessions kick in.
  22. We use Salamander and it's fantastic. If they cannot provide integration with Google Drive mapping it's normally because Google haven't released the API to allow this. It may be worth a call to Salamander to ask the question, their support is second to none.
  23. Yep, that's the one that I was just about to post. I wouldn't have seen it if it hadn't been for the ANME Trail. That's the second company that the trail introduced me to, along with Mytec Group.
  24. A very relaxing way to travel to BETT. Cable car yet to come.
  25. So my plan is: Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston. Euston to Westminster (via Green Park) on Underground. Walk to Westminster pier and catch the Thames clipper (RB1) to North Grenwich Pier. From here catch the cable car over the river and stroll to the Excel. £6.50 on the boat and £2.50 on the cable car.
×
×
  • Create New...