-
Posts
310 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by AlfaTech
-
The only online options are twtr/fb but offline options include exchanging QR codes.
-
I dunno about you but I was excited to hear about and download Ninty's first FREE app when Miitomo was first released. Now 3 months on I still find myself using this 'social' media app on a daily basis, it isn't really a game in the conventional sense (although there is a basic mini-game - Miitomo Drop *pfft*) but that is missing the point. The key to Miitomo is social interaction (erm... and collecting hats 'n costumes lol) something that Ninty has historically avoided for obvious reasons but this works fairly well with friends and acquaintances. You are asked a series questions so that you can give answers to you're 'friends' Miitomo companions or answer their questions - that's about as far as it goes (for now) but who knows what Ninty may do to it in the future. If you wanna have a go you'll need someone to chat to so feel free to add me
-
It looks like these Generation 7 games give you a lot more background information during battling about; stat changes, pokemon types, effectiveness of moves against current enemies... saves all my old grey matter trying to remember everything about over 700 'mon. This is looking like a vast improvement over PKMN X/Y, can't wait
-
Looking gud, looking really gud!
-
Erm but of course... I'll probably go for the digital download of Pokemon Sun and have Litten as my (fire) starter. So this generation is going to be based in Hawaii, seems gud! Admittedly I still haven't got around to completing Alpha Sapphire yet (altho I completed the original - in fact I've even still got some original 'mon from that game too). X-D
-
Hmm I will have to investigate Secunia CSI, it sounds interesting. SCCM is going to be overkill just to update 50 servers. We currently use ManageEngine's Desktop Central 9 to manage workstations but DC9 will only install 'security updates' and doesn't support 'non-security' updates (yuh I can't figure that out either), so that's outta the question too. Thanks for the input!
-
How do you apply server updates, do you do use WSUS, do you just have them set to 'automatic' or do you apply them manually? I have been tasked with finding some kind of 3rd party software which can apply server updates and provide reports (beyond WSUS). Answers on a postcard please.
-
Yep, I'm finding the timed missions are a bit of a bugger but mainly because I just like to cautiously take my own time and play it my way, it kinda forces you into a rush in an all-guns-blazing fashion. I've failed and had to reload numerous times because my squad (or key members) are just out of reach from the evac zone/pressing the button by the count of 1 turn. But I don't think it spoils the game you just have to play it the way 'they' want you to play it I guess. I'm still not very far in to it but I dunno if I would say that it is that much better than XCOM, it's just a bit different with a load more detail thrown in. I would definitely recommended it, if you're thinking about it then I'd say go get it now you won't wanna miss this.
-
I find the American style victoriotic background soundtrack a little tedious (y'know the kinda music they overlay on films to try and impress how amazing America is, bleagh) lol.
-
Haha cool, who's hard-core enough to play it first time through on Veteran Iron man?!! lol
-
Maybe Ninty think that their Amiibos will save the day, they seem to be really popular and selling like hotcakes. Na I totally disagree with the nay-sayers and prophets of doom, Ninty's days are far from over and I too am just waiting to see what they pull out of the hat NeXt. They've got a massive fan-base (gargantuous in Japan!) and they will continue to innovate and capture people's imaginations... they've been going for over 100 years I'm sure they'll go on and on adapting and entertaining for years to come. OK granted that neither the WiiU and New 3DS were particularly innovative, just mark 2s, but you mustn't underestimate how the DS/2DS/3DS has and is performing (I've got 3 myself, plus a WiiU collecting dust) but the potential for another next gen handheld is still pretty much guaranteed to continue to be Ninty's domain (as the PSVita was a total flop, and yuh I'm sorry but mobiles don't quite cut it for portable gaming). Think of a world without Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, et al... na I can't imagine it. Ninty have their corner of the market - good clean family fun where people play together (not plugged in to VR or ground-hog-day nasty FPSs). Yeah there'll always be room for good old Nintendo. lol
-
Got it downloaded, just can't wait till my lunch break! Been playing quite a lot of the original X-Com: Enemy Unknown Online and replaying the Firaxis/2K 2012 remake this last week. Lurve X-Com, my most favourite game ever. All the reviews are raving at how this is even better than the previous release, hopefully it's a lot harder because XCOM was far too easy (to an experienced XCOM commander) even on Classic Ironman.
-
Here's proof Fallout 4 looks better on PC vs Xbox One and PS4 | TechRadar lolz
-
I'm sitting on the Fallout 4 fence, haven't played any of the previous games either. Got a lot else on in life atm so doubt I'd have the time for it right now, but from what I've heard it does sound pretty gud.
-
Anyone on the open beta for Armoured Warfare? Think World of Tanks, but a bit more realistic, better graphics and less arcadey, and there's much less grinding to unlock tanks. Seems pretty gud. http://aw.my.com/gb
-
That sounds about right, but I'm glad you picked the right side Every odd Joe picks the Resistance hence why the game is so imbalanced, that makes us Enlightened thinkers the true Elite so we need to play accordingly against the horde. Granted that Ingress 'is' a totally pointless game, you kinda need to set your own objectives really; levelling up, badge/mission collecting, capturing/winning Mind Units for your cell across check-points (which is what it's really supposed to be all about but most people just have their own personal quests), operations, attending anomalies, making friends/frustrating enemies, take your pick.
- 158 replies
-
- enlightened
- hack
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
That's good news TechMonkey well done on your progress (I hope you joined the right team ). I'm not far off L16 now, been making the most of 1.5x AP and generally annoying my local smurfs with huge fields, them vs me it's about 12 vs 1, but I like a challenge.
- 158 replies
-
- enlightened
- hack
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
It looks like there's already an EduGeek SocialClub kru: Rockstar Games Social Club - Crew : Edugeek Game on!
-
Yep, a headshot is always the way forward. I spent some time in AmmoNation and got gold medals in all of the gun training which resulted in 25% off all arms in store. that can't be a bad thing.
-
ROTFL X-D GTA Tip, never get busted - pop the cops! I can see that I have only just scratched the surface, played to till gone midnight then forced myself to go to bed as it's a school night. I'm definitely looking forward to getting involved in some online shenanigans. IGN = K i t a l o n (feel free to add me on Steam too)
-
Well I gotta say my first impressions of this most highly anticipated and long overdue game are not disappointing in the least... this is the GTA we've been waiting for! (OK so the PeeCee faithful have been waiting so much longer). I still keep pinching myself to check I'm not dreaming and this incarnation of GTA has both the look and feel of a dream (or nightmare depending on your perspective). Granted many have played it to death on the consoles already, but what are your first impressions of GTA V PC, how does it compare to the next gen console versions? What are your favourite cars, places to buy, missions, ways to make money, haircuts, tips 'n tricks? I'm looking forward to seeing some movies put together in the new Rockstar Editor (what's that all about?) and meeting up for some online action. "It's genetically superior baby" and it's PeeCee! Game on!
-
One word. Awesome! Luvit! Well worth the wait (and the £1.5k spent on a gaming laptop) it looks utterly gorgeous and runs like a dream on the GTX980M (8GB). It's the first time I've played a GTA game where I haven't had to fiddle about with the graphics settings, it just works on max. It's quite handy having half a million in pocket to begin the game with thanks Steam. Game on!
-
Yeah I'm playing through GTA IV again in the run up to the BIG DAY, but last night I was thinking that I actually preferred GTA: San Andreas. I quite liked the Lost and Damned expansion tho. The best thing about GTA IV is the modding and driving around in cars I 'want' to drive around in, but somehow I managed to break the game and it wouldn't let me get past a mission where I had to use a TW@ internet cafe, it just wouldn't allow me to logon to the computer. In the end I had to restart the game again, then it worked. Meh! Ooh thanks for reminding me, I'd better put in my pre-order pronto.
-
Begins?!! I've been waiting how many years already?
-
Yes, I was in the beta testing for ESO as well but like you I didn't think that it as worth monthly subs and thought I'd wait till it went F2P. It's sadly disappointing for an Elder Scrolls game (it's totally lost the 'feel'), but as an MMO it seems OK.
