Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Shocker

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
  • Posts

    141
  • Joined

Everything posted by Shocker

  1. I have DNS setup on the server essentials experience is installed on and the NIC team has DNS set to look at 127.0.0.1 I tried opening the port suggested but it still gave me the same error messages. I have also tried removing essentials experience and adding the role again starting from fresh but again same errors appear.
  2. Hi tell thanks no I haven't let that port through but I will do that today. Yes my NICs are teamed together does this cause an issue
  3. Hi everyone Hoping someone can help me with this one, I am trying to install the windows server essentials experience on my server 2012r2 this is in a single domain environment and not virtualized. The install has completed just fine and I have setup my domain name and SSL with no issues at all, the DNS settings are working fine and the server its a domain member part of my AD Domain. I have setup the router manually and made sure to allow the correct ports but I am getting the following errors: Anywhere Access to your Server is blocked There may be more than one router on your network I have removed all other default gateways on the network and there is only the one single router. Because of these issues I cannot continue I can skip them but it doesn't allow me any further. Has anyone managed to set this up correctly and would be able to give me some pointers on possibly what I am doing wrong. Thank you.
  4. has anyone else run into this problem? as I said if I take the distribution list out and just put in individual names it works
  5. I used the following on exchange PowerShell: Set-DistributionGroup -identity (distribution list name) -RequireSenderAuthenticationEnabled $false
  6. I changed the PowerShell script on the distribution list to allow unauthenticated users, I think its going from system admin account.
  7. Hi everyone Hoping someone can help me with this issue, I have created a workflow to send an email out to a distribution list when a new announcement is made. If I set the workflow to email individual accounts this works fine but when I set it to email a distribution list nothing comes through and after digging through I come up with the following error: The e-mail message cannot be sent. Make sure the outgoing e-mail settings for the server are configured correctly. We have recently move from SBS2011 to server 2012 with SharePoint foundation 2013 and exchange 2013. as I say SharePoint workflow will email individual accounts with no problems this works great but the Distribution list nothing happens to just completes and then comes up the above error. has anyone managed to get this working? Any help would be much appreciated.
  8. it clears out old dns records I had noticed on our system a computer having two different IP's and when I done an nslookup on the computer it brought up the old IP address. if you got to your DNS settings and click on the scope and then right click and go to properties there is a tab for aging from here you can set when it clears out old dns records for instance I think the default is 8 days we have ours set out less than this but from this our computers no longer have two or more IP addresses assigned. This might help with the issue. When I say assigned I mean when dhcp gives out and ip address and the lease expires the DNS record stayed for that machine even though it was given a new IP address so under my DNS settings a computer which recently received a new IP address also had its old IP still under DNS which meant when I done an NS lookup it was returning the old IP address.
  9. just out of interest have you got scavenging switched on for DNS records?
  10. can I just ask are you sending these through by using the global address list or selecting the names from the autocomplete function? I found it best to delete from the autocomplete function and rebuild this autocomplete list again by using the global address list.
  11. got this sorted. encase anyone else runs into this, on the Default Profile create on any new computer there was a folder in the following: users\Default\App Data\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\ There was for some reason and this must be over last few weeks a folder SQM appeared which was stopping new accounts being created and computers from fully joining domain because it couldn't login as domain admin account. Once I deleted this folder everything has worked fine and people can again move around from computer to computer and I can now add machines to the domain again. Just if anyone runs into this
  12. checked the computer event log and didn't see anything strange about login other than couldn't find domain controller but that's because I was logged in safe mode without networking and logged into the local admin account. But going by the date stamps there was nothing in relation to the profile service failed to start
  13. this is happening when I have a new laptop fresh build of Windows 7 and I run through the connect wizard to join domain no profiles on the laptop as of yet except local admin profile. As soon as it restarts to join domain the error happens and doesn't allow me to login again because it keeps looping trying to automatically login with domain admin account. I have checked on the server to see if there is a profile path just to make sure but there is no profile path set or any script set to run. But thank you for the suggestions I will try restarting in safe mode to see if I cant login to the local admin account and check the event log
  14. we are using local profiles not roaming profiles
  15. Hi everyone Hoping someone could help me with this issue we seem to be having now happening more often. We have as I have said small business server 2011 with almost 50 users and before people could log off an logon to any machine in the domain everything worked great. Now what's happening is when a user logs off their computer and onto another they are getting User Profile Service is unavailable and it takes me to login as admin and copy profile from their machine to new machine before they can logon. Now what's happening when I setup a new computer and run through the setup to join domain the computer try's to login with admin account and I am getting user profile service service failed the logon, user profile cannot be loaded and it just keeps looping. This is becoming a real issue now and seems to be getting worse with additional people starting. The server has 4 NICs teamed together and the switches are all 1gb switches. The machines are all relatively new running windows 7 across the domain. Anyone else run into this before?
  16. Shocker

    Dropbox

    Thank you, It appears that sonicwall was blocking this or a recent change to there filtering added this to be filtered on HTTPS but its working for the mean time now.
  17. Shocker

    Dropbox

    Hi everyone I have run into an issue using Dropbox and was wondering if anyone has been getting any problems starting from yesterday? As of yesterday we started getting "cannot establish secure connection" error. Nothing changed on our firewall and the system date and time is correct no differences, Ports used havent been changed at all and we dont run it through a proxy but i cant seem to get this working any more. I have added *.dropbox.com to the allowed list of webistes it wasnt on the block list and as i said this has just started from yesterday? I have also tried updating dropbox to the latest 2.0.26 version but that didnt help. has anyone run into this before? Thank you
  18. i wondered why it didnt appear on WSUS i had to download it from the microsoft site
  19. i have to be honest i installed this last night well updated exchange to SP3 and then install CU1 afterwards and so far it seems to be working fine. installed the management tools on my windows 8 machine and been keeping an eye on it all day. Only issue i did seem to have was when using ECP it wouldnt let me manage another users mailbox
  20. ah ok I had given permissions based on individuals to myself
  21. that's great thank you ill put that down that's the bit I didn't add to the end of the add-mailboxpermission
  22. Thank you I just thought I had missed something
  23. Hi everyone I just wanted to see if anyone else came across this, I have added myself full access permissions to everyone's mailbox using the EMC on the server this now allows me to view any mailbox using OWA just fine but it also added all the mailboxes into my Outlook. I have to switch off the download shared folder under the cache settings because it tried to download all emails from every account but what I was wondering is this a default setting once you have given yourself full access to the mailbox? Anyone else come across this before? Thank you
  24. I have done it to get certain new characters to open up new things to get done. But I think its a great game
  25. lol that's something I cant say ive done.
×
×
  • Create New...