nutso
Members-
Posts
94 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by nutso
-
Well since the screen was blank on both monitor and laptop when plugged in, that rules out a software issue. That means that the VGA port isn't outputting at all. Unless the fault is a loose connection and you are able to do something to fix that (jiggling the port or something internally), I think you're not going to get anywhere with it.
-
I hate to break it to you, but even though it is under warranty you may have trouble getting them to fix it. If Toshiba decide that the fault is a dodgy port, they may try and claim that it has become dodgy through physical damage and isn't covered under warranty. I hope you aren't that unlucky, but I honestly doubt that the problem is a software one. A quick way to test this is to boot the machine with a projector/monitor plugged in..I believe that on most Toshibas, the output when booting a laptop defaults to the VGA port if something is detected on it, so the BIOS screen would appear on the external device. I don't know about L100s though since I don't have anyway.
-
We have some 4-5 year old machines running in some fairly hot rooms..several of the drives are either developing bad sectors or conking out completely. Either fault results in some lengthy downtime for either mapping out bad sectors, or replacing a drive and reimaging. I don't think faults in drives that old are unreasonable, but we're now looking at replacing about 45 of those machines and I'm wondering if OEM prices and buying in bulk make it a viable option.
-
I know it's not the same model, but we've had problems with a couple of our Satellite Pro A100s suddenly developing dodgy VGA ports. I'm guessing there's problems with bad connections to the motherboard since wedging something under the VGA connector forcing both it and the port upwards made it work. When just connecting normally - nothing. I know it's not the same model, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's the same thing.
-
I have read that SLC drives have great performance, but the cheaper ones tend to be MLC drives. Backup and RAID are fine for servers but in my mind are a bit over the top for desktop machines with a standard image. I know SSDs cost about £85 compared with £30 for a standard drive (retail) so I'm wondering if I can justify the extra cost with time saved replacing and reimaging failed drives, and reduced noise, energy consumption, and heat generation.
-
Since SSDs are coming down in price so much, I wondered if anybody had experience of using them in desktop machines and how they perform? Mainly I'm interested in the older (cheaper) drives such as the 30GB OCZ offering. How do they compare for speed and reliability compared with a standard 3.5" desktop drive? Basically I'm fed up with dealing with failed hard drives and I like to think that SSDs are the answer to my prayers. I now invite everyone to poke holes in my logic
-
The Communications Data Bill comes into force in March
nutso replied to Geoff's topic in School ICT Policies
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but since I believe this came in to force this week I was wondering if anyone knows how much of it applies to schools? Also, doesn't the data retention law apply to web traffic as well as emails? -
Port redirection is probably your best bet, but if you wanted to run on port 80 internally as well as externally, it's possible to set up IIS to listen on port 80 and redirect requests to the Tomcat server running on 8080.
-
Getting NTLM SSO to work with Moodle - Apache issue?
nutso replied to TheFopp's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
When you log in to Moodle, does IE see it as being in the Intranet zone or the Internet zone? If I remember rightly, by default IE only does NTLM in the Intranet zone. -
Getting NTLM SSO to work with Moodle - Apache issue?
nutso replied to TheFopp's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
What browser are you using? I think there's an additional change that you need to make on each Firefox installation to make that work with NTLM. The only other thing I can think of is to check that the path c:\moodle\auth\ldap is correct.. I'm sure that it is, but I thought I should ask since you might have copied/pasted that part from the Moodle NTLM guide. -
I've had a long history of RROD problems.. the console I bought at launch survived two years before finally giving up. It came back from Microsoft with a new motherboard.. which failed after two hours. Next they sent me a new console with a manufacture date of August 2007.. that lasted about six months. They then sent me one with a manufacture date of May 2006.. that lasted about six months, dying a few weeks ago. I'm now on my fourth console which arrived last week. Confusingly it has a manufacture date of October 2008, but it doesn't have an HDMI port so I'm not sure if it has a newer motherboard or not. Still, at least I got it replaced before the warranty runs out on launch models!
-
We use a couple of boxes similar to this in our school: DVR4 SecuraNet 4-Channel Network CCTV Recorder (DVR) > Maplin It uses standard BNC rather than SCART, but since you might be running an RCA to SCART adapter, it would be easy to convert the RCA to BNC instead. All controls can be operated over the network.
-
Thanks for all the ideas! The Freecom Musicpal looks promising for an IP based solution, particularly since they used wired ethernet and it might also be possible to use Power over Ethernet adapters to power the units, and save spending a fortune on power sockets. I am actually leaning more towards the amplifier and lots of speaker cable angle though since there's less to go wrong. I just don't know enough about audio kit to find something suitable.
-
Thanks, I guess that's something along the lines of the small laptop idea.. it seems like it could get pretty pricey to wire up the whole site with those though. Are there no other schools piping their radio stations in to their corridors, or do they all have the luxury of a tannoy system?
-
Hi all, Our management are interested in looking in to setting up an internal radio station - and then forcing everyone to listen to it by putting speakers across the whole site. Has anyone got experience in distributing audio in this way? I'm sure I'm missing a nice obvious easy solution, but the options I've come up with are: 1. Run lots and lots of speaker wire across the whole site 2. Stream the audio across the network to lots of small laptops, each with speakers 3. Standalone radios that can connect to internet radio stations via wireless networks, and stream the audio to those Has anyone got any thoughts on these methods, or any alternatives? Thanks
-
Hi all, I'm not sure if anyone has ever experienced this.. when regular users on my terminal servers try to access a page that requires Java, the Java icon flashes up briefly in the system tray then Internet Explorer just closes and Java dumps a crash file. It loads fine for administrators though. I have already tried updating Java to the latest version, and I even upgraded IE6 to IE7 just in case but no joy. It's a 64 bit system but I'm running 32 bit IE and Java so that we can still use Flash. Has anyone got any ideas? Here is the Java error in case anyone can make sense of it.. # # An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment: # # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x7d8e6189, pid=11244, tid=9108 # # Java VM: Java HotSpot Client VM (1.6.0_03-b05 mixed mode, sharing) # Problematic frame: # C [secur32.dll+0x16189] # # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit: # http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp # --------------- T H R E A D --------------- Current thread (0x03c49800): JavaThread "main" [_thread_in_native, id=9108] siginfo: ExceptionCode=0xc0000005, reading address 0x00000000 Registers: EAX=0x00000000, EBX=0x03848e64, ECX=0x00000016, EDX=0x00000000 ESP=0x03848bf8, EBP=0x03848e58, ESI=0x00000000, EDI=0x03848df8 EIP=0x7d8e6189, EFLAGS=0x00010246 Top of Stack: (sp=0x03848bf8) 0x03848bf8: 0056c5c6 00000000 00500028 00000002 0x03848c08: 00002bec 00000000 00002394 00000000 0x03848c18: 008652cb 00000000 00000000 00000000 0x03848c28: 00000021 c0000022 00000001 00000000 0x03848c38: 00000000 00000000 02890d50 00000000 0x03848c48: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0x03848c58: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0x03848c68: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 Instructions: (pc=0x7d8e6189) 0x7d8e6179: 00 00 8b 85 f0 fd ff ff 6a 16 8b f0 59 8d 7d a0 0x7d8e6189: f3 a5 8b 4d a4 89 48 04 8b 4d a8 89 48 08 66 8b Stack: [0x03750000,0x03850000), sp=0x03848bf8, free space=994k Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native code) C [secur32.dll+0x16189] C [secur32.dll+0x19c78] C [deploy.dll+0x29e3] j com.sun.deploy.security.MSCredentialManager.getLoginUID()J+0 j com.sun.deploy.security.MSCredentialManager.()V+65 v ~StubRoutines::call_stub Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code) j com.sun.deploy.security.MSCredentialManager.getLoginUID()J+0 j com.sun.deploy.security.MSCredentialManager.()V+65 v ~StubRoutines::call_stub j com.sun.deploy.services.WPlatformService.getCredentialManager()Lcom/sun/deploy/security/CredentialManager;+0 j com.sun.deploy.security.DeployAuthenticator.()V+40 j sun.plugin.AppletViewer.initEnvironment(I)V+931 j sun.plugin.AppletViewer.initEnvironment(IJ)V+12 v ~StubRoutines::call_stub --------------- P R O C E S S --------------- Java Threads: ( => current thread ) 0x0798e800 JavaThread "Image Fetcher 0" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=9564] 0x089a0400 JavaThread "CacheCleanUpThread" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=11212] 0x07982c00 JavaThread "traceMsgQueueThread" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=10848] 0x07976400 JavaThread "AWT-Windows" daemon [_thread_in_native, id=10320] 0x07975800 JavaThread "AWT-Shutdown" [_thread_blocked, id=8884] 0x07974400 JavaThread "Java2D Disposer" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=5432] 0x078bcc00 JavaThread "Low Memory Detector" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=2764] 0x078bb400 JavaThread "CompilerThread0" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=2432] 0x078ba400 JavaThread "Attach Listener" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=3484] 0x078b9400 JavaThread "Signal Dispatcher" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=8980] 0x078b1800 JavaThread "Finalizer" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=9416] 0x078b0800 JavaThread "Reference Handler" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=7144] =>0x03c49800 JavaThread "main" [_thread_in_native, id=9108] Other Threads: 0x078af400 VMThread [id=9636] 0x078c2800 WatcherThread [id=9576] VM state:not at safepoint (normal execution) VM Mutex/Monitor currently owned by a thread: None Heap def new generation total 960K, used 427K [0x23d70000, 0x23e70000, 0x24250000) eden space 896K, 40% used [0x23d70000, 0x23dcad88, 0x23e50000) from space 64K, 100% used [0x23e60000, 0x23e70000, 0x23e70000) to space 64K, 0% used [0x23e50000, 0x23e50000, 0x23e60000) tenured generation total 4096K, used 314K [0x24250000, 0x24650000, 0x27d70000) the space 4096K, 7% used [0x24250000, 0x2429e9b0, 0x2429ea00, 0x24650000) compacting perm gen total 12288K, used 879K [0x27d70000, 0x28970000, 0x2bd70000) the space 12288K, 7% used [0x27d70000, 0x27e4be50, 0x27e4c000, 0x28970000) ro space 8192K, 62% used [0x2bd70000, 0x2c2714a8, 0x2c271600, 0x2c570000) rw space 12288K, 52% used [0x2c570000, 0x2cbb7278, 0x2cbb7400, 0x2d170000) Dynamic libraries: 0x00400000 - 0x0049a000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe 0x7d600000 - 0x7d6f0000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll 0x7d4c0000 - 0x7d5f0000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\kernel32.dll 0x00560000 - 0x005fb000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\ADVAPI32.dll 0x7da20000 - 0x7db00000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\RPCRT4.dll 0x7d8d0000 - 0x7d920000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\Secur32.dll 0x7d800000 - 0x7d890000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\GDI32.dll 0x7d930000 - 0x7da00000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\USER32.dll 0x77ba0000 - 0x77bfa000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\msvcrt.dll 0x00600000 - 0x00652000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\SHLWAPI.dll 0x7c8d0000 - 0x7d0cf000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\SHELL32.dll 0x77670000 - 0x777a9000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\ole32.dll 0x1a400000 - 0x1a524000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\urlmon.dll 0x00660000 - 0x006eb000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\OLEAUT32.dll 0x5dca0000 - 0x5dce5000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\iertutil.dll 0x77b90000 - 0x77b98000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\VERSION.dll 0x7dee0000 - 0x7df40000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\IMM32.DLL 0x7dbd0000 - 0x7dcd3000 C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\WOW64_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.3790.3959_x-ww_5FA17F4E\comctl32.dll 0x02650000 - 0x02c19000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\IEFRAME.dll 0x76b70000 - 0x76b7b000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\PSAPI.DLL 0x7df50000 - 0x7dfc0000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\UxTheme.dll 0x4b3c0000 - 0x4b410000 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\MSCTF.dll 0x11320000 - 0x11334000 C:\PROGRA~2\RANGER~1\pciappctrl.dll 0x02260000 - 0x02525000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpsp2res.dll 0x75e60000 - 0x75e87000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\apphelp.dll 0x4dc30000 - 0x4dc5e000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\msctfime.ime 0x02c80000 - 0x02caf000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\IEUI.dll 0x76280000 - 0x76285000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSIMG32.dll 0x4dd60000 - 0x4df07000 C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.GdiPlus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.0.3790.3959_x-ww_8251BDDE\gdiplus.dll 0x47150000 - 0x47171000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\xmllite.dll 0x777b0000 - 0x77833000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\CLBCatQ.DLL 0x77010000 - 0x770d6000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\COMRes.dll 0x744c0000 - 0x744eb000 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msimtf.dll 0x60970000 - 0x6097a000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\mslbui.dll 0x77b00000 - 0x77b54000 C:\WINDOWS\System32\cscui.dll 0x76520000 - 0x7653d000 C:\WINDOWS\System32\CSCDLL.dll 0x770e0000 - 0x771e8000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\SETUPAPI.dll 0x325c0000 - 0x325d2000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\msohev.dll 0x5bc50000 - 0x5bc8b000 C:\WINDOWS\ime (x86)\sptip.dll 0x77530000 - 0x775c7000 C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.3790.3959_x-ww_78FCF8D0\COMCTL32.dll 0x03140000 - 0x03171000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\OLEACC.dll 0x03180000 - 0x031e5000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcp60.dll 0x745e0000 - 0x7489e000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\msi.dll 0x10000000 - 0x1005b000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\INK\SKCHUI.DLL 0x03700000 - 0x0374a000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll 0x75da0000 - 0x75e5d000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\SXS.DLL 0x63000000 - 0x630ce000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\WININET.dll 0x03350000 - 0x03359000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\Normaliz.dll 0x74540000 - 0x745d3000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\MLANG.dll 0x71c00000 - 0x71c17000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2_32.dll 0x71bf0000 - 0x71bf8000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\WS2HELP.dll 0x03be0000 - 0x03bee000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll 0x7c340000 - 0x7c396000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVCR71.dll 0x6d7c0000 - 0x6d839000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll 0x7db30000 - 0x7dbb0000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll 0x5f270000 - 0x5f2ca000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\hnetcfg.dll 0x71ae0000 - 0x71ae8000 C:\WINDOWS\System32\wshtcpip.dll 0x76e90000 - 0x76ecf000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\RASAPI32.dll 0x76e40000 - 0x76e52000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\rasman.dll 0x71c40000 - 0x71c97000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\NETAPI32.dll 0x76e60000 - 0x76e8f000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\TAPI32.dll 0x76e30000 - 0x76e3c000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\rtutils.dll 0x76aa0000 - 0x76acd000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\WINMM.dll 0x761b0000 - 0x76243000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\CRYPT32.dll 0x76190000 - 0x761a2000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\MSASN1.dll 0x71bc0000 - 0x71bc8000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\rdpsnd.dll 0x771f0000 - 0x77201000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\WINSTA.dll 0x76920000 - 0x769e2000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\USERENV.dll 0x722f0000 - 0x722f5000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\sensapi.dll 0x76f80000 - 0x76f85000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\rasadhlp.dll 0x76ed0000 - 0x76efa000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\DNSAPI.dll 0x76f70000 - 0x76f77000 C:\WINDOWS\System32\winrnr.dll 0x76f10000 - 0x76f3e000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\WLDAP32.dll 0x71d00000 - 0x71d1c000 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\actxprxy.dll 0x71e00000 - 0x71e14000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\msapsspc.dll 0x78080000 - 0x78091000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVCRT40.dll 0x71e20000 - 0x71e70000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\msnsspc.dll 0x76c90000 - 0x76cb7000 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msv1_0.DLL 0x76cf0000 - 0x76d0a000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\iphlpapi.dll 0x11200000 - 0x11205000 C:\PROGRA~2\RANGER~1\pcihooks.dll 0x63580000 - 0x638ef000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\mshtml.dll 0x042d0000 - 0x042f9000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\msls31.dll 0x72ea0000 - 0x72f00000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieapfltr.dll 0x76bb0000 - 0x76bdb000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\WINTRUST.dll 0x76c10000 - 0x76c38000 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\imagehlp.dll 0x04520000 - 0x04541000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\NTMARTA.DLL 0x7e020000 - 0x7e02f000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\SAMLIB.dll 0x72d60000 - 0x72d68000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\msacm32.drv 0x77b70000 - 0x77b84000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSACM32.dll 0x57240000 - 0x57247000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\imaadp32.acm 0x72d40000 - 0x72d47000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\msadp32.acm 0x57150000 - 0x57156000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\msg711.acm 0x57120000 - 0x57128000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\msgsm32.acm 0x570f0000 - 0x570f6000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\tssoft32.acm 0x73ae0000 - 0x73ae8000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\tsd32.dll 0x57160000 - 0x571ad000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\msaud32.acm 0x57100000 - 0x5711e000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\sl_anet.acm 0x57130000 - 0x5714e000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\msg723.acm 0x571b0000 - 0x5723a000 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\l3codeca.acm 0x63380000 - 0x633f8000 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\jscript.dll 0x053e0000 - 0x05457000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\mshtmled.dll 0x6d6b0000 - 0x6d6d1000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\npjpi160_03.dll 0x6d4a0000 - 0x6d4bb000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jpiexp.dll 0x6d250000 - 0x6d261000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\deploy.dll 0x71bb0000 - 0x71bb9000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsock32.dll 0x6d4f0000 - 0x6d514000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jpishare.dll 0x054d0000 - 0x0571a000 C:\PROGRA~2\Java\JRE16~1.0_0\bin\client\jvm.dll 0x6d310000 - 0x6d318000 C:\PROGRA~2\Java\JRE16~1.0_0\bin\hpi.dll 0x6d770000 - 0x6d77c000 C:\PROGRA~2\Java\JRE16~1.0_0\bin\verify.dll 0x6d3b0000 - 0x6d3cf000 C:\PROGRA~2\Java\JRE16~1.0_0\bin\java.dll 0x6d7b0000 - 0x6d7bf000 C:\PROGRA~2\Java\JRE16~1.0_0\bin\zip.dll 0x6d000000 - 0x6d1c3000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\awt.dll 0x73070000 - 0x73097000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\WINSPOOL.DRV 0x73860000 - 0x738ac000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\ddraw.dll 0x73b30000 - 0x73b36000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\DCIMAN32.dll 0x6d2b0000 - 0x6d303000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\fontmanager.dll 0x6d480000 - 0x6d498000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jpicom.dll VM Arguments: jvm_args: -Xbootclasspath/a:C:\PROGRA~2\Java\JRE16~1.0_0\lib\deploy.jar;C:\PROGRA~2\Java\JRE16~1.0_0\lib\plugin.jar -Xmx64m -Djavaplugin.maxHeapSize=64m -Xverify:remote -Djavaplugin.version=1.6.0_03 -Djavaplugin.nodotversion=160_03 -Dbrowser=sun.plugin -DtrustProxy=true -Dapplication.home=C:\PROGRA~2\Java\JRE16~1.0_0 -Djavaplugin.vm.options=-Djava.class.path=C:\PROGRA~2\Java\JRE16~1.0_0\classes -Xbootclasspath/a:C:\PROGRA~2\Java\JRE16~1.0_0\lib\deploy.jar;C:\PROGRA~2\Java\JRE16~1.0_0\lib\plugin.jar -Xmx64m -Djavaplugin.maxHeapSize=64m -Xverify:remote -Djavaplugin.version=1.6.0_03 -Djavaplugin.nodotversion=160_03 -Dbrowser=sun.plugin -DtrustProxy=true -Dapplication.home=C:\PROGRA~2\Java\JRE16~1.0_0 java_command: Launcher Type: generic Environment Variables: PATH=C:\PROGRA~2\Java\JRE16~1.0_0\bin;C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer;;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;. USERNAME=testuser OS=Windows_NT PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=EM64T Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 7, GenuineIntel --------------- S Y S T E M --------------- OS: Windows Server 2003 family Build 3790 Service Pack 2 CPU:total 8 (4 cores per cpu, 1 threads per core) family 6 model 15 stepping 7, cmov, cx8, fxsr, mmx, sse, sse2, sse3, ssse3 Memory: 4k page, physical 4193260k(2268496k free), swap 4194303k(4033688k free) vm_info: Java HotSpot Client VM (1.6.0_03-b05) for windows-x86, built on Sep 24 2007 22:24:33 by "java_re" with unknown MS VC++:1310
-
Linking Moodle and CMIS - how possible is it?
nutso replied to nutso's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
What data are you putting in to AD? Ideally what we'd like to be able to do is automate pulling through details of classes, their teachers, and the students in those classes. At a push I can probably see somebody putting in classes and maybe their teachers manually, but I don't think anybody is going to sit down and allocate classes to users manually. Also I don't think we could trust the students to enrol in their own classes. -
Linking Moodle and CMIS - how possible is it?
nutso replied to nutso's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Thanks, PM sent. -
Hi, I've been looking at trying Moodle in the hopes of pitching it to management as an alternative to the custom built job they're looking at from some local company. Obviously integration with CMIS would be a huge plus but I have no idea how to go about it. I've seen posts where people claim to have had some success with it but nobody actually says how. Is there a tutorial somewhere that I've missed? Thanks
-
Is it really that simple? Serco don't make any mention of using SSL with eportal and it seems like such a basic security thing that it should be covered. The IIS solution just seemed too basic somehow and the total lack of mention of it on Serco's part made me question whether there was some problem with using that. Is there any word on how secure communications between CMIS Admin and the SQL server are? If Force Protocol Encryption is enabled on SQL Server 2000, is this sufficient?
-
Hi all, Does anyone know how secure Facility CMIS and ePortal are against packet sniffing attacks? I'm not sure about CMIS Admin, but I assume ePortal is pretty vulnerable as it operates over HTTP rather than HTTPS. Am I right in thinking that someone within the school network could potentially sniff out an ePortal username and password pretty easily and then gain access to the data within? If so has anyone been able to counter this? Thanks
