Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

wickit

Members
  • Posts

    202
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by wickit

  1. Just got off chat https://www.onebricktech.com/ssltools/ssl-converter.php For those needing conversion
  2. This is what happened, that alone is not the bad thing, what happened they sent the private keys via email..... WHY JUST WHY
  3. I am very tempted to do a CC charge back and get it from somewhere else Been online chat queue for 1hr so far and 15th in the queue wait time approx 114minutes!
  4. They have made a monster of a mistake...... I am still waiting for my renewed cert. one minute its says processing on their site, the next thing its gone......
  5. Hi I have just looked at the excel template Double first have sent over... Holy cow........ Has anyone done the transfer, if so how did you populate the data, when we asked for help, they just said "good luck". Does anyone have a sql query that I can use to get the data into my excel, my SQL know how is very limited. HELP thx in advanced
  6. Got so sick of their support, that our IT technician created our own Access DB library system, seems to work, students and staff like it. very simple, but as you know that what most school want.
  7. Perfect, works like a charm. Will add this to a logoff script
  8. I think the main issue is the one that it wont auto remove from local, you have to manually do this, there is no option to 'Free up space' on the local machine on logoff etc. Really annoying to say the least, I have looked through the reg but can not find anything that relates to that command on the right click of the onedrive in explorer. I have also checked the latest ADMX files and there is nothing there either.
  9. Agreed this will be great once they sort the kinks out, like having to manually 'Free up space'. I have looked for reg entries and scripts to see if this can be done on log off, but not had any joy yet!
  10. Smoothwall is taking notes from Valve
  11. Smoothwall is taking notes from Valve
  12. Contacted MS support and they managed to fix my issue
  13. I am having the same issues as the rest of you... Whats odd I did get it working fine on one PC Client, but for the life of me work out what i had done As for adding zones without using GPO, just do the zones via a registry gpo, instead that way you can still add more manually.
  14. Further to this I have tried converting the domain to 'Federated' yet when I run the command Convert-MsolDomainToFederated -DomainName it errors Please try running Set-MsolADFSContext before running this command again. Odd seeing as the new AD connect says it does not require ADFS installed.... HELP!
  15. Sorry to hijack the post but im having some strange issues with SSO and ADDC. I have enabled the sso and added the intranet zones as described here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/connect/active-directory-aadconnect-sso but for the life of me it does not seem to be working, I have checked our domain on AZURE and the domain info is as follows TYPE Custom STATUS Verified FEDERATED No Could any of these be the issue ? Thanks in advance!
  16. Just a bump and to let people know the closing date is the 30th of January
  17. We currently have a vacancy for the position of Junior IT technician This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual that is looking to start on the road to an IT career. You would only be expected to work during term time only with some cover during school holidays Required Good ‘people’ skills Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Hardware troubleshooting, configuration and repair skills Provide first line IT support to staff, students and visitors of the school Deployment of new hardware and software Changing toner and ink cartridges, clearing paper jams etc As with most posts in a schools you must be flexible to cater for the schools needs. Desirable Experience of networked computers Experience with windows servers and active directory Some exposure to school database programs, ideally WCBS/3SYS. Pay will be dependant on experience School website: Pennthorpe School - Independent Prep School in Sussex Post code : RH12 3HJ In the first instance please send your CV to tbeglin AT pennthorpe.com or PM me here
  18. Just got off the phone to MS Told the portal is being upgraded and all downloads will be available from the 1st of August
  19. All our stuff is gone keys and downloads Looks like a phone call for us too
  20. Has anyone managed a phased migration to O365 Currently we are using exchange online just for spam filtering and all mailboxes are on site Exchange I would like to start rolling out students using exchange online and using O365 OWA. Currently the students do not have local mailboxes only staff. Would we have to create a hybrid setup ?
  21. Darn, the cheap linx 8 tablets dont have usb boot option
  22. I know I know not the .local .com certificate error again But I'm banging my head here. Cert is using external domain name, and outlook moans as per expected. But I have imported the cert to all clients and checked its installed in the correct store and it is, yet I still get errors. any pointers would be nice. I have had this working previously installations no issues, but this is the first time I have used exch 2013 Thanks
  23. This was my fear, will have to look at putting an iso on micro Sd and seeing if i can get it to boot from it !!
  24. I have just been looking for a key to add features to a 8.1 bing edition tablet to become pro edition and its not anywhere on the volume license site Has anyone managed to do this through EES? Im assuming this should be covered under the agreement somewhere !
  25. Has anyone setup guest network on the Ubiquiti Unifi and smoothwall combo? if so did you run into any issues?
×
×
  • Create New...