Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. As its happening with Nic and Wifi I'd of thought its something to with firewall... Norton not hiding on there anywhere? Try resetting the winsock etc? netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries) netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack) Is Vodafone Mobile connect software installed on the laptop, I've had this interfear with DCHP allocation before now
  2. I'm 35, been working in Education IT for 7 years, Corp IT 2 years B4 that. Bit of a late starter me Was an NNEB befor that, yes I am male lol
  3. Sysman you are a god!! Thanks mate
  4. Anyone fancy a play. I need this logo (which is universally disliked by everyone apart from the HT) tweaked to make it clearer and more usable for our website etc. I have attached 2 pic, one with yellow writing/tag line (writing added in publisher i think) and 1 without. Thanks for any help. Si
  5. FYI MuscleNerd a member of the iPhone Dev Team has confirmed on Twitter that iOS 4 can be unlocked with the exploit that they have preserved. He also added that the same exploit may be used to unlock iPhone 4 too. So it is confirmed that iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.0 are confirmed to be unlockable. The same exploit can be used to unlock 05.12.01 and 05.13.04 basebands. So once the iPhone 4 is released to the public we can expect even the new unlock tool to be released. So if you are one of those who has been eagerly waiting for to unlock 3.1.3 on 05.12.01 baseband then you might get an answer very soon. Once iOS 4.0 is available to the public the Jailbreak Community will be able to release a final version of the Jailbreak and Unlock tool for iOS 4.
  6. Use "Spirit" to Jailbreak any 2g, 3G or 3Gs Iphone, Do not upgrade to Itunes 9.2 before you do or you will BRICK your Iphone (Your device will go into an infinite boot loop) There are some "pre jailbroken" IOS4 firmwares about, but I'd wait until Apple officially release IOS4 and its fully jailbroken and tested.
  7. Thanks, missed that in my search, looked for "questionnaire" not "survey" Cheers
  8. I want to get a picture of how (un)-able the staf here are to perform basic tasks. I was thinking of sending out a questionnaire asking what training they may require, Office, IWB, VLE etc. Has anyone got a questionnaire I could modify for my purposes (basically im being lazy and dont want to reinvent the wheel) Thanks Si
  9. Virus scan comes to mind fella, doesn't sound good.
  10. Thanks for the pm's and replies guys
  11. * Some acronyms can be seen as offensive. Chat abbreviation Dictionary * 121: one to one * ADN: any day now * ADR/addy: address * AFAIK: as far as I know * AFK: away from keyboard * A/S/L: age, sex, location (or just "ASL") * ASAP: as soon as possible * B4: before * B4N: bye for now * BB: best boy * BBFD: big bad forum discussion * BBL: be back later * BF: boyfriend or best friend * BFF: best friends forever * BFFL: Best Friends For Life * BFFN: Best Friends for now * BFN: bye for now * BG: big grin / best girl * BMA: best mate always * BNR: but not really * BRB: be right back * BRT: be right there * BTA: but then again * BTW: by the way * C: see? * CID: crying in disgrace * CNP: continued [in my] next post * CP: chat post * CU: see you * CUL: see you later * CYA: see you (later) / cover your A** * CYO: see you online * DBAU: doing business as usual * DD, DH, DS, DW: dear daughter, dear husband, dear son, dear wife (often used on boards where you discuss personal things, but wish to keep private the names of your loved ones) * DW: dont worry * EIP: editing in progress * FML: F*** My Life, also a increasingly popular site, FMyLife.com * FTW: for the win or f*** the world or For The World * FUD: fear, uncertainty, and doubt/Food * FWIW: for what it's worth * FYI: for your information * G2G or GTG: got to go * G: grin * GA: go ahead * GAL: get a life * GF: girlfriend * GFN: gone for now * GFY: go f*** yourself/good for you * GG: gotta go/good game * GJ: good job * GL: good luck * GM: good morning * GMBO: giggling my butt off * GMTA: great minds think alike * GSOH: good sense of humor * GTFO: get the f*** out * GTG or G2G: got to go or get together * GYPO: get your pants off * H2G: have to go * HAGN: have a good night * HDOP: help delete online predators * HHIS: hanging head in shame * Homg: same as OMG * IAC: in any case * IANAL: I am not a lawyer (but) * IAWTC: I agree with this comment * IC: I see * IDC:I don't care * IDK: I don't know * IFSFWI: if the shoe fits, wear it! * IIRC: If I recall correctly * ILU: I love you * ILY: I love you * IMNECTHO: in my not-even-close-to-humble opinion * IMNSHO: in my not so humble opinion * IMO: in my opinion; or "IMHO" - in my humble/honest opinion * IMS: If memory serves * IOW: in other words * IPN: I’m posting naked * IRL: in real life * IWSN: I want sex now * JC: just chilling * K: all right / okay * KFY: kiss for you * KIT: Keep in touch * KTHX: Okay, thanks. * JK: just kidding / joking; also JKING * JSUK: just so you know * KPC: keeping parents clueless * L8R: later * LAFFO: laughing out loud * LBR: loser beyond repair * LD: later, dude * LDR: long distance relationship * LLTA: lots and lots of thunderous applause * LMIRL: let's meet in real life * LMAO: laughing my *** off * LMSO: laughing my socks off * LMFAO: laughing my f*** a** off * LMK: Let Me Know * LOL: laughing out loud, lots of love * LOLZ: Same as LOL * LQTS: laughing quietly to self * LTNS:long time no see * LTP: learn to play (L2P) * LTR: longterm relationship * LULAB: love you like a brother * LULAS: love you like a sister * MML: making me laugh * MMORPG: massively multiplayer online role playing game * MOOS: member(s) of the opposite sex * MorF: Male or female? * MOSS/MOTSS: member(s) of the same sex * M/F: male or female * N1: nice one * NALOPKT: not a lot of people know that * NERF: Non-Expanding Recreational Foam (NERF is a company). Also, nerf when used a a verb (example: The paladins were nerfed in the last game update.) is generally a gaming term meaning that the subject has been lowered in power/stats. * NE1: anyone * NFI: no f***ing idea * NFW: no f***ing way * NIAGW: not in a gay way * NIFOC: naked in front of computer * NO1: no one * NOOB: newbie (new to the site/new to texting/new to whatever) * NSFW: not safe for work * NP: no Problem * N/P: no problem * NVM: nevermind * NM: not much, nothing much, never mind * OIC: ohh I see * OMG: oh my God, oh my goodness, oh my gosh * OMGBBQWTF: oh my God, Bar-b-q, What The F*** (surprise and confusion). Sometimes spelled OMGWTFBBQ. * OMFG: Oh my f*****g God * OLL: oh, Lordy, Lordy! * OLL: online love * OMW: on my way * OP: original post/original poster * OTOH: on the other hand * OTW: on the way * P911: parent alert * PAL: parents are listening * PAW: parents are watching * PCM: Please call me * PIR: parent in room * POS: parent over shoulder / Piece of S*** * PLZ: please * PlzKThx: Please. ok? Thanks. (Thanks in advance) * PlzKThxNo-Re: Please, ok, Thanks, No-Read (sarcasm) * PL0x or PLOX: same as please * Pwn: to triumph (not actually an abbreviation, but rather a misspelling of own) * PDA: public display [of] affection * QFT: quoted for truth * R: are (common) * RBA: right back at you (right back atcha) * RL: real life * RTFM: read the f***ing manual * RTFO: rock the f*ck out * ROFL: rolling on floor laughing * ROTFLOL: rolling on the floor laughing out loud * ROFLMAO: rolling on the floor laughing my a** off * RPG: role playing games * RP: roleplay * SA: something awful * SGXK: set a good example for the kiddies * SHID: slaps head in disgust * SLAP: sounds like a plan * SLGF: secondlife girlfriend * SO: significant other * SOMY: sick of me yet? * SorG: straight or gay * SOT: short of time * SUF: shut up fool * STFU: shut the **** up * STHU: shut the h*** up * TBH : to be honest * TDTM: talk dirty to me * THX: thanks * THT: That * TIA: thanks in advance * TMI: too much information * TTFN: ta-ta for now * TTYL: talk to you later * TTYS: talk to you soon * TTLY: totally * TY: thank you * U: you (common); how are you?; or you do it! * U/C: Can also be typed as UC. Means under construction. * UW: you’re welcome * w/e: whatever * WAT: What? * WAYT: what are you thinking? * WB: welcome back/ write back * WDYT: what do you think * WFM: works for me * WIBNI: wouldn't it be nice if * WIP: work in progress * WTGP: want to go private? * WTG: way to go * WTF: what the f***, what the frak, alternatively Where's The Food or Way too funny * WTH: what the heck, or what the he** * WUIP: wind up in progress * WUBU2: what you been up to * WUD: what you doing * WUU2: what you up to * WYCM: will you call me? * WYSIWYG: what you see is what you get * Y:why? * YM: young man * YMMV: your mileage may vary * YTMND: you're the man now, dog * YW: you're welcome * ZOMG: same as OMG
  12. I have been tasked with looking at this as a solution for our Infant dept, just need 4- 6 pc's per classroom. Who in the UK are supplying these currently ? Si
  13. Waiting to hear if O2 will buy me out of my remaining Contract and allow me to upgrade from my current 8gig 3g
  14. Good for them (jo public) getting involved, community spirit etc. I wonder how many of us would risk themselves to help soneone else who has been wronged??
  15. I'm always looking for new podcasts to listen to on my 20min cycle/commute to work each day. So what do the "geekers" listen to ? I have Best of Chris Moyles Engadget Friday night comedy show One Eighteen: Migration (Post Apocalyptic Podcast Adventure of Zombies and Madness)
  16. I get to go on our 2 yearly trip (5 days) to Paris with 60+ Year5/6, have been on PGL outward bounds weekends, trips to London etc. I'm cheap as they don't need a supply to cover me
  17. Our LA has just changed insurance provider. The new insurer specifies that any IT (in one building) over the value of £200k should be in rooms with bars on windows etc. I'm trying to find the exact requirements they need but in the mean time the HT has tasked me with finding a new insurer "just in case" Any recomendations ? Si
  18. My 02 Iphone working fine but my sons 02 phone is not working at all. Glad I checked on here, thought it was a rob with his sim/handset
  19. If he'd done that b4 or during the election more people may of voted for him. Deity help us with Cameron "I'm a smug b&st*rd" in power now!!
  20. pooley

    Cycling

    Aldi have some "Special Buys" on Cycle gear starting next week (may be in some stores now) ALDI - Thursday Special Buys 6th May 2010 p.s. I got wet this morning, thought I would miss the shower
  21. I'm in 2 minds between Labour and Lib Dems. Neither have the complete maifesto for me but I can't vote tory (I still need my state benefits) gordon will prob get my vote this time if im honest
  22. I have a Sony Vaio VGN-BZ12VN with a very noisy/failing fan. It belongs to the HT, she used to use it "on her lap" and it seems to of sucked a load of dust into the fan and its very noisy and fails after a half hour ish and the laptop shuts down as its overheating. Has anyone got a pdf on how to dismantle and/or know where I can purchase a replacement fan ? Ta muchly Si
  23. We have eggs in our nursery again, the class teacher has asked if I can record the stream (currently using yawcam) to playback to the children if they miss a "hatching" Anyone done this? Si
  24. Is it still St Georges day ?
  25. Tesco have a deal on Nikon D3000 Digital SLR Camera (18-55 mm VR Lens Kit) £334.82 + 1158 tesco clubcard pts - 10.2M Nikon DX format CCD sensor - Media SD (Secure Digital) memory cards,SDHC compliant - Active D-lighting for shooting in high contrast conditions - Image size (pixels):3,872 x 2,592 [L], 2,896 x 1,944 [M], 1,936 x 1,296 - Battery One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL9a AC adapter AC Adapter EH-5a - Eyecap DK-20, USB Cable UC-E4, Audio Video Cable EC-D100, Camera Strap AN-DC3, Includes AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55 mm VR lens with Vibration Reduction to help reduce the effects of camera shake. PS: Please use code TDX-EXCP as shown in link --> Nikon D3000 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera - Tesco.Direct This will add 500 points and camera's 658 Clubcard points=1158 clubcard pts
×
×
  • Create New...