Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

garbage46

Members
  • Posts

    104
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by garbage46

  1. This is what I put in our privacy notice for parents/carers:
  2. I have not heard of the National Data Managers' Award before, do you know what level it is, as in like a level 4 qualification? There isn't much information but it looks similar to the CSBM qualification I completed a few years ago. A selection of modules with some self evaluation. I recently completed a distance learner post grad in Business Intelligence through DMU. Business Intelligence Systems and Data Mining MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert Pick and choose the modules that dont have an exam
  3. Lots of stuff in secondary, ultimately determined by assessments systems and number of in-year data collections. We're all accountable to the same measures in the end though. P8, A8 and Basics... For more details of the key measures check out the performance tables and the KS4 ISDR. https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/schools-by-type?step=default&table=schools&for=secondary https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/673057/2017_anonymised_KS4_IDSR.pdf Also check out what providers link SISRA, 4matrix and SMID have to offer. Their websites should inidicate some of the key areas we track and analyse in secondary schools. https://www.sisra.com/analytics Welcome | 4Matrix Online SMID Report & Dashboard
  4. Yes, I totally agree. Storing a 5dp KS2 is pretty pointless.
  5. In some circumstances it is totally necessary as it could change the Attainment 8 estimate for a student. Reading 2dp = 3.69 Maths 2dp = 3.21 Average 1dp = 3.5 Att 8 Est = 24.64 Reading 5dp 3.68599 Maths 5dp = 3.21231 Average 1dp = 3.4 Att 8 Est = 23.48 Att 8 Estimate difference = -1.16
  6. Do schools need to do this if they will be using third party software (SISRA, 4Matrix etc) for their exam performance analysis?
  7. Does anyone have a target setting method they are willing to share? I am trying to decide on a method for setting end of KS4 targets for current Y10 pupils but with so many unknowns with GCSE reforms and changing Attainment 8 estimates it is a difficult task. I am beginning to think it would be best to wait until September is see what the 2017 A8 estimates look like.
  8. Obviously I have the 2016 Attainment 8 estimates
  9. Hi all, Does anyone know if there are any provisional national number floating around for 2016 GCSE results? Stuff like % slots filled for each Progress 8 bucket etc? Cheers, Pete
  10. Hi, how would you currently work out you PA students? Would you report on any students with <90% attendance or number of student who have missed x number of sessions? Which method is correct?
  11. @ctapp do you have a link to the documentation?
  12. My understanding is that they just appear in the performance tables. I think the music teacher/examiner/grader must be officially registered with an official examinations body. I haven't considered how you could/would display graded music results alongside GCSE results in the summer, or even if you would bother. Possibly only be beneficial at that early stage to students wanting to enrol on a further education music related course.
  13. Yes, totally agree! How soon do you think think schools will know their Progress 8 score following this summers results?! For the summer 2015 result was it something like 21st January 2016 when the validated KS4 Attainment 8 estimates were eventually published? I think, if rsides is still reading this thread, they should consider altering their systems to measures progress against expected progress rather than levels of progress. Expected progress being based around a concept of student's Attainment 8 estimate divided by 10 then rounded up (effectively a Progress 8 target grade). What ever that value is it is converted to the grade with the same value (for 2016). 2017 will be trickier with x.5 decimal values for unreformed grades.
  14. PAGE 26 of the Progress 8 Guidance - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/497937/Progress-8-school-performance-measure.pdf http://s11.postimg.org/6nj4qajoj/music.png
  15. I posted here to help @rsides simplify the process of calculating levels of progress. No one has mentioned Attainment or Progress 8 - that's a different party where levels of progress and lettered sub levels no longer exist but thanks for your helpful contribution though
  16. cool! I didn't know (or had forgotten) about changing the boundaries in the Admin utility. I guess 10 is the maximum number of bars in the chart?
  17. Agreed, Dynamic Groups are very useful indeed. Do you have any sort of dynamic "Persistent Absence" group? I'm not sure how to properly define this group in Discover. Would it be anyone with less than 90% attendance?
  18. my thoughts are the same as bobsmith. It seems like a bit of a faff to get it all set up when a quick export to Excel gives a lot of flexibility. I've not found anything that can match the Venn Diagram functionality of Discover though...
  19. I don't think your formula handles A* grades correctly. Your VLOOKUP will return 52 not 58 VLOOKUP(LEFT(U3,1),Lookup!$A:$B ,2,FALSE) only looks at the first character, therefore ignores the * As a work around you can replace VLOOKUP(LEFT(U3,1) with VLOOKUP(IF(MID(U3,2,1)="~","a*",LEFT(U3,1)) You could also use NUMBERVALUE(LEFT($O3,1)) in place of 1*LEFT($O3,1) this would allow you to remove the *1 near the end of the formula. A simpler solution would be to replace all three lookups ranges with one, shown below, and use the formula shown below. For the purpose of this example I have kept your "old" point score column and added a third for quick levels of progress calculation. I also used INDEX MATCH instead of VLOOKUP because it's just better a~* 58 10 a 52 9 b 46 8 c 40 7 d 34 6 e 28 5 f 22 4 g 16 3 u 0 0 x 0 0 This formula will also handle a "B" or "N" at KS2. Not sure how you would handle negative progress for those with a KS4 grade of "U" or "X". You could wrap an IF statement around the formula or in an adjacent cell. if progress cell less than 0 return blank The tilde "~" in the formula can be replaced with an asterisk "*" depending on how your data is entered. EDIT: spotted another problem - in the unlikely event of a Level 3 student achieving an A* or equivalent (maybe in BTEC Performing Arts or ECDL) your original formula cannot handle 7 levels of progress.
  20. I noticed that you have used Year 2010 conversions... current Year 11 would be 2011 - not sure if there is a change in boundaries?
  21. The school should have Writing Teacher Assessment levels? These will be whole levels but can be converted to a fine points score (5 = 33.00, 4 = 27.00 etc). (Writing Fine Score + Reading Fine Score) / 2 = English Fine Score English Fine Score / 6 = English Fine Level Convert English Fine Level to sub level. I do not think there is any clear conversion guidance, but you could use something like this: x.0 to x.333 = c sub level x.34 to x.667 = b sub level x.67 to x.999 = a sub level Maybe someone out there has a better method?
  22. Is there any way to design a behaviour incident report that includes the behaviour incident id. There are a few tables/places where CESThirdPartyFields are available to be included in report outputs such as Student ID or Aspect ID but I do not seem to be able to find anywhere to output the behaviour id Thanks, Pete
  23. I spotted EDUGEEK flying around space in Elite Dangerous!
  24. Roseacre Primary Academy is looking to appoint an ICT Apprentice. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who would like to begin their career as an ICT Technician. More information on school website or email
  25. Roseacre Primary Academy is looking to appoint, as soon as possible, an ICT Technician with technical and innovative skills to ensure ICT support needs are met throughout the school. More information available on school website or email
×
×
  • Create New...