Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

RobD

Members
  • Posts

    678
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RobD

  1. You could console on while its not plugged into the network then run: reset system Then you can run though something like this with the config you have from the other controller: https://mrncciew.com/2013/01/25/backup-restore-wlc-configs/
  2. Yep definitely possible. You could even setup it up as secondary unit so the APs would fail over automatically (HA)? Firstly I'd reset the new one then to copy the config, logon and go to: Commands > Download File > change type to "Configuration" > Then you'll need a tftp or ftp site to copy it too. Once you have the file you can just do it in reverse for the new one: Commands > Upload File > change type to Configuration and specify the file from ftp or tftp site. Reboot and bobs your uncle. If you want to use it as in HA, let me know and I'll put something together for you.
  3. I'm sorry, I've clearly upset you which I didn't intend to do, would you like to talk about it privately.
  4. Are you sure you want to bother, what if someone asks you about it in an interview?
  5. He does play on the ipad, sorry I had no idea these were all different.
  6. My 6 year old is desperate for mimecraft, could I set this up and avoid the £6 monthly fee?
  7. I dont know if they specifically support Yeastar but BSN are in Dublin and do amazing job with Junipers and Palo Altos. I really like working with them.
  8. Do you mean the spectrum width? Still enough for plenty of 160mhz wide channels.
  9. I can recommend MSP Lab Adam is really good at what he does.
  10. This video has some really good information in for both home and work, Matt in the video is good guy and does a lot of wifi training:
      • 2
      • Thanks
  11. Just found this on the Azure sub Reddit which is quite nice: https://blog.kononenko.tech/getting-started-with-azure and these treasure maps of azure: https://cloud-skills.dev/
  12. I used these resources which I can recommend: AZ-900: https://www.udemy.com/course/microsoft-azure-fundamentals-training-bootcamp/ AZ-104: https://www.udemy.com/course/70533-azure/ These labs using the free credit for new accounts from MS: AZ-900: https://github.com/MicrosoftLearning/AZ-900T0x-MicrosoftAzureFundamentals az-104: https://github.com/MicrosoftLearning/AZ-104-MicrosoftAzureAdministrator Then these practise exams: AZ-900: https://www.whizlabs.com/microsoft-azure-certification-az-900/ AZ-104: https://www.whizlabs.com/microsoft-azure-certification-az-104/
  13. It does seem hit and miss, a friend of mine had some blue tits in really late but all of a sudden laid 10 eggs. We're moving in the coming months so hopefully they fledge sooner rather than later. In the new place, I'm wanting a owl house.
  14. Some feeding and removing of waste:
  15. The great tits eggs have hatched: Sorry the sound is distorted. My NAS records movement and I cant seem to sort it.
  16. I visited a site last year that had handsets but they all had sim cards in so they could take them home etc.
  17. A converged solution is one where a Hypervisor sits on the same physical hardware as the storage We have our OS on local storage on each host - seperate from the shared storage Storage is pooled across multiple servers and is resilient in the event of both single server failure (Hypervisor failover) or drive failure (RAID). yes, storage DRS basically. Other options for Hyperconverged worth investigating are Dell HPE, Starwind - Happy to hear others We use Cisco, its fine. Something we didn't consider: Each host needs a greedy little VM that controls and monitors the VMs, hosts and storage. This means if a host has 1TB of RAM then 100GB immediately will be used up. Updating esx becomes more complicated, you can only use a supported version and generally only the tools that are provided. Hyperconverged is a really good solution if you're looking to replace hosts, storage and their networking as its a all in one solution. Its also great if HA and IOPS are important to you, if your business can cope with some downtime while you restore from backups then I'd price everything separately potentially with vmware storage DRS.
  18. Hopefully wifi 6e isn't too far away which will mean a whole raft of new APs using the 6 Ghz. If you can then hold on a few months and see if anything develops if not then I doubt you'll be missing too much.
  19. Here it is, I'll pop a few more up later.
  20. I've got some footage of them being laid but couldn't decide how appropriate it would be to post it.
  21. We've got eggs in our nest box.
  22. RobD

    Server Refresh

    Hyperconverged is a no SAN setup. Basically these systems all have their own fancy Storage DRS.
  23. Fresh Service I think can do all of those items I think.
  24. Saw a coockoo flying overhead yesterday and a pair of great tits started nesting in our bird box over the weekend:
×
×
  • Create New...